IGNORED

Knee Drop Height - Absurd or Just Something to Get Used To?

iacas
Note: This thread is 1844 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Knee Drop Height  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following statements most accurately reflects how you think dropping from knee height?

• We'll get used to it pretty quickly.
    • It's still gonna feel weird in 2021.

17 minutes ago, Sandy Divot said:

The more I see it, the more stupid it looks. 

No different to bending over to pick up your ball or place it on a tee.

6 minutes ago, Sandy Divot said:

Except you are not picking up your ball or placing it on a tee.

Why would that make a difference? If bending over to drop a ball looks stupid, then bending over to pick up a ball or place it on a tee also looks stupid.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I caught a few minutes of the lpga contest yesterday. I saw a young lady take a knee high drop. No big deal as long as the rules people don't look for perfection. 

Luckily not I or others I have played with recently have had to take a drop. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

On 2/25/2019 at 3:35 PM, iacas said:

Not entirely true. It's also to inform and educate. It's to suss out the details and get to the meat, rather than just saying "player X said this, but we have no idea how much they actually know about the subject matter nor do we care in this clickbait headline-driven age."

That may have been true 25-30 years ago, but it is no longer! At least for the "herd"! There are a few writers who are well respected enough that their editors will pretty much leave them alone. But, they are dwindling in number.

And Hell! If you want ridiculous go back to the old days where you had to turn your back to the drop zone and drop the ball behind your shoulder! I think the powers that be could have done better by making the rule that you drop it at arm's length. 

Edited by Buckeyebowman

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Patch said:

I caught a few minutes of the lpga contest yesterday. I saw a young lady take a knee high drop. No big deal as long as the rules people don't look for perfection. 

Players get the same range (six inches or so? maybe eight?) as they did with "shoulder height."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 1844 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!