• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2020 TST Partners

PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    • You can try, but you can't get rid of every single sandbagger without risking the ban of actual legitimate player. There are city tournaments all over the nation, and what is nice about them, is that you see the same players week in and week out at clubs, munis, privates, whatever their course may be. People see them all the time and know what their true skill is. When you move to a regional level, you lose this scrutiny, and either have to accept all, or risk banning or barring people that don't deserve it. I wouldn't want to go to a tournament that is net but I don't know or haven't seen 99% of the people play before. What if the 12 capper that just shot a 72 legitimately had the best day of his life and is an honest player? He/she gets banned or barred just because they had their best round ever? Doesn't sound like an event I want to take a part in, and I think many players would share this sentiment.
    • Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus and Tiger Woods all die in a plane crash and arrive at the Gate of Heaven. God is at the Gate, sitting on his high throne, and says "Wait a minute you guys - before I let you in here, I have to ask you a question - Arnold Palmer, what do you believe in?" Arnie steps up and says "God, I believe in hitting a hard draw and I believe in signing autographs for all the boys and girls" God says "Arnold Palmer, those are good things to believe in - you can take this seat down here to my right" God says "Jack Nicklaus - what do you believe in?" Jack steps up and says "God, I believe in hitting a high fade, and I believe in paying my caddy a good wage" God says "Jack Nicklaus - those are good things to believe in. You can take this seat down here to my left" God says - "OK Tiger Woods! - What do you believe in?" Tiger looks up at him and says...... "I believe you're in my seat" 😮
    • 😉 It’s a shotgun blast in LSW is what I’m saying.
    • Regarding sandbagging, the solution the organizers came up with at Myrtle Beach was to issue judgments based on statistical data.  Sandbag = DQ from prize eligibility.  You can finish the tournament, but you're not eligible to receive as much as a ham sandwich at the end, much less compete in the Championship round.  A BUNCH of DQ's are handed out every summer. I would imagine that there have been one or two legit "once in a lifetime rounds," but, with thousands of people there, they were not taking any chances.   I just dug this link up...  http://www.popeofslope.com/sandbagging/2010-12-busted.html  
    • We have a hard enough time with sandbaggers on my home courses few open events it has each year. I think this would seem like nirvana to them .
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. Dragondrake
      Dragondrake
      (60 years old)
    2. Gripit
      Gripit
      (66 years old)
    3. Mistabigevil
      Mistabigevil
      (39 years old)
    4. misty_mountainhop
      misty_mountainhop
      (54 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...