nevets88

2019 PGA Show Thread

34 posts / 2167 viewsLast Reply

Anyone see anything interesting?

How does Capto compare to Sam Puttlab? I guessed price at around 1,000 USD, it's actually 1,850 Euros, about 2,200 USD. I think Puttlab is around 5-10K depending on options.

Mirrorvision obviously has a booth.

Yay or nay?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

I don't want to be reminded of commuting while playing golf.

ERIN_results.jpg

Pace of Play Golf Management Software with proven results that increase course revenue. Track walking or cart based...

Heard about this on the radio. Very interesting. Tracks a player’s speed of play and uses a color code to indicate slow, on time or actually holding players up. This can be marshaled from off the course as well. Great way to monitor a course without having to drive all over the place but instead go straight to the problem.

Edited by Vinsk

25 minutes ago, Vinsk said:
ERIN_results.jpg

Pace of Play Golf Management Software with proven results that increase course revenue. Track walking or cart based...

Heard about this on the radio. Very interesting. Tracks a player’s speed of play and uses a color code to indicate slow, on time or actually holding players up. This can be marshaled from off the course as well. Great way to monitor a course without having to drive all over the place but instead go straight to the problem.

Unfortunately it only works if the course first establishes an appropriate pace of play.

Sadly, too many think 4:15 is appropriate…

Edited by David in FL

53 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Yay or nay?

Hell no.  

Likely more damage to the course due to individual scooters with narrower tires...and if regular carts don’t significantly reduce pace of play, why in the world would you expect this to?

Ridiculous.

35 minutes ago, Vinsk said:
ERIN_results.jpg

Does it give a mild electric shock when they are too slow?:-P

1 minute ago, boogielicious said:

Tie that into the scooter thing, and make it a severe shock, and I might be convinced.

The golf scooter is a Sun Mountain partnership, I think.

Capto is a poor man's SAM. I don't think the data is quite as accurate, but it's cheaper and you can take it out on the course, which you can't do with a SAM (realistically).

3 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Now this is an idea I can get behind. 

35 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Unfortunately it only works if the course first establishes an appropriate pace of play.

Sadly, too many think 4:15 is appropriate…

The rep also stated, ‘ it’s a great way to monitor pace of play and allows players to actually see if they’re holding up other players because nobody wants to be that guy.’ 

Unfortunately this isn’t always true. They don’t care and that’s why we have this problem in the first place.

16 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

The rep also stated, ‘ it’s a great way to monitor pace of play and allows players to actually see if they’re holding up other players because nobody wants to be that guy.’ 

Unfortunately this isn’t always true. They don’t care and that’s why we have this problem in the first place.

If the guy in front of me is playing at a 4:30 pace, what pace you think I’m playing at?!

And for what it’s worth, the GPS unit already on the carts can be programmed to show where you stand with respect to pace of play…

Edited by David in FL

3 minutes ago, David in FL said:

If the guy in front of me is playing at a 4:30 pace, what pace you think I’m playing at?!

Wait! Don't tell me. I know math is hard but....err...hmm...4:30?:-P

Maybe if courses saw this as a way to more revenue, they would embrace it.

I can't tell if this is in the app, but my friends idea is to use a technology like this to change the pricing that you get as a golfer like the new car insurance apps they have. So if you are a slow golfer you pay more, and if you are a fast golfer you pay slightly less than the going rate. The car insurance apps track your speed, braking, etc and then give you a discount based on how safe a driver you are, this would do a similar thing for golfer based on preshot routines, wondering around for lost balls, and general quickness.

I think his idea is pretty good.

4 minutes ago, mchepp said:

I can't tell if this is in the app, but my friends idea is to use a technology like this to change the pricing that you get as a golfer like the new car insurance apps they have. So if you are a slow golfer you pay more, and if you are a fast golfer you pay slightly less than the going rate. The car insurance apps track your speed, braking, etc and then give you a discount based on how safe a driver you are, this would do a similar thing for golfer based on preshot routines, wondering around for lost balls, and general quickness.

Problem there is that people would be extra pissed at the slow group in front of them, and players may find ways to game the system a little.

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

Problem there is that people would be extra pissed at the slow group in front of them, and players may find ways to game the system a little.

Yeah, there were some quirks that needed to be worked out.

41 minutes ago, mchepp said:

Yeah, there were some quirks that needed to be worked out.

I’d play there if they ever figured it out!

50 minutes ago, mchepp said:

I think his idea is pretty good.

I don't really see how this would work because how would the app/system know whether I'm at a tee box waiting to tee off because of a slow group in front of me vs at the tee box with myself and my playing partners hitting our tee shots?

Knowing that the price of my round is continually increasing due to a slow group in front of me that doesn't care about the price of their round would make me enjoy the round significantly less.