IGNORED

Do You Play with a Phone in Your Pocket?

nevets88
Note: This thread is 1862 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Do You Play with a Phone in Your Pocket?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Play with a Phone in Your Pocket?

• Yes
    • No

I'll usually put it in my bag or in the cart on silent. I really don't like being distracted by my phone. It is always on silent anyway, I check it on occasion and get back to people when I have time. I just can't be bothered every time it blips, blinks, vibrates or rings....

Since my phone it smarter than I am, I have a couple different Apps just for Golf.  Course layout, GPS distance, I have one that I can keep track of each club distances that really helps me establish a good average for each club distance.  I have a rulebook app. 

If I am with others, it goes on vibrate, otherwise it really doesn't matter.

• Thumbs Up 1

Remember when reading posts...…. Communication: 80% Body Language; 15% Tone & 5% Actual Words
We'd all be best selling authors if we could communicate in the written word as well as we would like.

:aimpoint:    :bushnell:    :sunmountain:   :ogio:   :titleist:
:mizuno:  Mizuno ST180 Driver
:ping:  Ping G400 fairway 3 
:cleveland:  Cleveland HB Launcher Iron set  4-PW  50/56/60 CBX Wedges
:callaway:  64 Calloway Lob Wedge
 :scotty_cameron:    Scotty Camron GOLO 3

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10 minutes ago, IowaGreg said:

Since my phone it smarter than I am, I have a couple different Apps just for Golf.  Course layout, GPS distance, I have one that I can keep track of each club distances that really helps me establish a good average for each club distance.  I have a rulebook app. 

If I am with others, it goes on vibrate, otherwise it really doesn't matter.

What app do you use to get all that info?

My top pick is Mobitee classic  http://www.mobitee.com/ - it's an app out of France, (was a one time fee of 25.00)  has worked great for me here.  Golf Pad is another one I like for just keeping track of scoring.

Remember when reading posts...…. Communication: 80% Body Language; 15% Tone & 5% Actual Words
We'd all be best selling authors if we could communicate in the written word as well as we would like.

16 minutes ago, TheWoodBoss said:

What app do you use to get all that info?

GameGolf is a popular app/stat tracking system that can be used just with the app alone or in addition to the tags/tagging device

• Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

29 minutes ago, IowaGreg said:

My top pick is Mobitee classic  http://www.mobitee.com/ - it's an app out of France, (was a one time fee of 25.00)  has worked great for me here.  Golf Pad is another one I like for just keeping track of scoring.

It also has a touch screen function you can move around with your finger to determine yardages to a certain point on the fairway.  listed bunkers, creeks, ponds, middle of a dog leg, etc......  It also recommends which club to use based on what you have set for your clubs distance.  Has over 35,000 courses worldwide and you can request additions if the course you plan on playing isn't in there.  It shows a google maps satellite image of each hole on the course.  You can set distance to front middle or back of the green. 

I have a Bushnell range laser finder, a Bushnell GPS watch, and the app on the phone and they all match up within a yard or 2 for accuracy.

I like this one.  Like Klinka said, GameGolf is another good one that some of my friends have and they like that too.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not in my pocket but either in my golf bag or in the cart.  I do not use the phone for yardage information but have used it to call 911 for someone in the group we thought was having a heart attack.  

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids: TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thru LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.com  A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.

No phone. No car keys. And no wallet.

Just few tees, and a ball-marker.

In my bag Driver: Cleveland CG tour black Fairway Woods: Diablo Octane 3 wood; Diablo 5 wood Irons: Mizuno MP53 5-9 Hybrid: Cobra 3, 4 T-Rail Wedge: 46* Cleveland, 50* Cleveland, 54* Titleist, 60* Titleist Putter: Odyssey protype #6 Ball: Maxfli U4/U6... But I'm not really picky about the ball I use.

• 3 weeks later...

My (silenced) phone stays in my bag. I have my GameGolf on my belt, repair tool / ball marker in left front pocket, two tees in right front pocket, and scorecard holder / pencil in back left pocket.

My smart watch stays on as I track my activity level each day and the 5+ miles of walking each round is a nice boost.  

My phone stays in the cart, and occasionally makes it to my pocket when I feel like snapping a picture of a birdie I might or might not make.  It's always fun to text those to people who are stuck working while I'm out on the links.

Two years ago my dad and I installed a usb port on my gas power cart.  Now if I'm running a GPS for yardages my phone won't be 3/4 dead by the end of the round.

Corey

Note: This thread is 1862 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!