IGNORED

My Swing (carpediem4300)

carpediem4300
Note: This thread is 1906 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 20 years ish

My current handicap index or average score is: 13
My typical ball flight is: popup with driver
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: driver everywhere

Videos: 

• Like 1

:tmade: Driver: TM Superfast 2.0 - 9.5degree - Reg flex
:mizuno: 3 Wood: JPX800 - 16* Exhsar5 Stiff
:mizuno: 3 - PW: MP-67 Cut Muscle back - S300 stiff
:slazenger: Sand Wedge: 54degree, 12degree bounce
:slazenger: Lob Wedge: 60degree 10degree bounce
:ping: Putter: Karsten 1959 Anser 2 Toe weighted
:mizuno: Bag - Cart Style

Not to be too demanding, but do you also have a face on view?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Its a coming 😂😂 hes busy at the course tosay sorting drainage so is sending me stuff inbetween lol

• Administrator

Well I was wrong so far about my 90% bet (though only 90% wrong 😄, and only so far). Popping up the driver usually comes from hitting down too much, though, so that's still likely and in play.

• Informative 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

14 minutes ago, carpediem4300 said:

Its a coming 😂😂 hes busy at the course tosay sorting drainage so is sending me stuff inbetween lol

Not severely OTT, actually. Your swing looks decent enough, but that's coming from someone with similar skill as you. :-)

Looking at my own videos or the mirror, I would work on getting the wrists flatter at the top. Your club is coming from the inside where the shaft is parallel, but you don't appear to be shifting your weight very much. Again, I can't tell without a face on. Note once again, this is coming from someone with similar skill as you, so take whatever I say with a grain of salt. :-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

1 hour ago, carpediem4300 said:

I've been Playing Golf for: 20 years ish

My current handicap index or average score is: 13
My typical ball flight is: popup with driver
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: driver everywhere

Videos: 

One other thing may cause the broken video. Make sure you upload to YouTube in HD. If it tries to do it in standard, the quality goes down.

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

6 minutes ago, iacas said:

Well I was wrong so far about my 90% bet (though only 90% wrong 😄, and only so far). Popping up the driver usually comes from hitting down too much, though, so that's still likely and in play.

What was your bet? 😂😂

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

One other thing may cause the broken video. Make sure you upload to YouTube in HD. If it tries to do it in standard, the quality goes down.

It's not that - his instructor probably texted the video to him (and probably even then over cellular), so it's going to be a low quality version.

Just now, carpediem4300 said:

What was your bet? 😂😂

That you were OTT, down, and left. Still a chance, but the iron swing was better than I was expecting. And I only said it was a 90% chance.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just now, iacas said:

It's not that - his instructor probably texted the video to him (and probably even then over cellular), so it's going to be a low quality version.

That you were OTT, down, and left. Still a chance, but the iron swing was better than I was expecting. And I only said it was a 90% chance.

Thanks. 

@carpediem4300. You should learn how to film it yourself with your own camera or phone. The phone cameras are so much better now that I don't ever use my Casio anymore.

You can also use it to review stuff during your practice.

Scott

My Swing Thread

8 minutes ago, Lihu said:

Not severely OTT, actually. Your swing looks decent enough, but that's coming from someone with similar skill as you. :-)

Looking at my own videos or the mirror, I would work on getting the wrists flatter at the top. Your club is coming from the inside where the shaft is parallel, but you don't appear to be shifting your weight very much. Again, I can't tell without a face on. Note once again, this is coming from someone with similar skill as you, so take whatever I say with a grain of salt. :-D

Yeah ive always been ott, but over the ywars its lessoned, its really manageable for me now

• Administrator
Just now, carpediem4300 said:

Yeah ive always been ott, but over the ywars its lessoned, its really manageable for me now

But maybe not so much with the driver…?

5 minutes ago, iacas said:

But maybe not so much with the driver…?

Never has been its either hot or ice cold, but been ice cold for months, were it not for my irons and scrambling id be shooting 100+ everytime

Looks good, the only suggestion I would point out is weight transfer / follow through / finish .
You have weighted the left heel and the foot spins out on your follow through.
Try weighting the left foot evenly, let the follow through position your body over your left side / leg.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

1 hour ago, iacas said:

7 iron face on

Driver face on

Didnt get a driver dtl unfortunately

Indeed as @iacas allided to he whatsapped them to me hence crap quality

Driver swing looks better than 7 iron with finish position and weight on left side and noticed the left foot does not pivot.
7 Iron, finish still has L foot pivoting after impact.
Weight is a little late in weight transfer to left side

@mvmac suggests flaring feet outward in many threads.

• Upvote 1

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

I agree with @Club Rat. Flaring your feet to start will help with your turn.

Your Swing is not bad at all. Having done Stack & Tilt year’s ago, I don’t see that in your swing. What I see is a flatter shoulder turn and weight not going forward as much as it should.

Obviously, more experienced eyes would be better than I. But I would start with this. Work on it at the start or you practice sessions to get used to it.

Scott

My Swing Thread

6 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I agree with @Club Rat. Flaring your feet to start will help with your turn.

Your Swing is not bad at all. Having done Stack & Tilt year’s ago, I don’t see that in your swing. What I see is a flatter shoulder turn and weight not going forward as much as it should.

Obviously, more experienced eyes would be better than I. But I would start with this. Work on it at the start or you practice sessions to get used to it.

Which point is the weight nt going forward in your opinion? 

1 hour ago, carpediem4300 said:

Which point is the weight nt going forward in your opinion? 

First a disclaimer: I am not an instructor, so my advice may not be the most important item for you to work on. I will show you below the type of instruction I have had with Erik and the Evolvr instructors.

I take lessons on line with Evolvr. I highly recommend it. The instruction is top notch. You work at your own pace. You can ask questions and the instructors are extremely helpful and frankly nice people.

So in Evolvr lessons, they look for priority items based on the 5 Simples Keys you have read about on the site. Analysis generally looks at those items with Steady Head, Weight forward and In-line impact being the first important ones for players at our level. They will compare your swing to swing models of really good golfers. Below are you and Adam Scott at set up. They draw lines to show your hips and head to see if you are making a centered hip turn, which helps get your weight forward at impact, and steady head. The head can move a little, but you generally don't want it to move back too much in the backswing.

Your video is a bit more forward than Adam's so the angle is off a bit. Notice Adam's feet are more flared than yours. This really helps the hips to turn.

CarpeDien FO A1.jpg

Here are you and Adam at the top. Adam, has his head a little lower (no issue for him) and his hips centered still. Your head drifted back a bit, but not that much and your hips are centered. But one thing that is different is Adams hands are a lot higher than yours. I think this is because his shoulder turn is steeper. But again, I am not an instructor.

CarpeDien FO A4.jpg

At impact Adam's hips are more open. Adam's head is down and forward, which works for him. Yours is just a bit more forward, but your hips are less open, which frankly most players at our level are like this. Your weight has moved forward, but if your left foot was flared, it may help your hips to be more forward and more open. That will move your low point forward.

CarpeDien FO A7.jpg

then at A9, you can see how his hips and shoulders kept rotating and yours (and mine too) have slowed down a bit. His hands are still moving pretty  fast so the shaft is still pointing down the line where as in ours the shaft is moving faster and started to hinge again. If this happens earlier in the swing, it would be a flip.

CarpeDien FO A9.jpg

From down the line the instructors do the same thing.

CarpeDien DTL A1.jpg

Now at A4, notice how much flatter your shoulders are than Adam's. His hands are a lot higher too.

CarpeDien DTL A4.jpg

A5, they look for the steepness of the swing. Too steep can lead to problems line an OTT swing. Here Adam's shaft is pointing past the ball (flatter) and your before the ball (Steeper). Generally flatter can be better because it may help keeping the swing inside out.

CarpeDien DTL A5.jpg

A6 is where they look for OTT. If the head of the club is in front of the hands, you are over-the-top. You are both ok here, but you can still improve impact position even if this position is OK. Adam's right foot has started to rise because his weight is more forward. Your right foot is still flat.

CarpeDien DTL A6.jpg

Impact. Looks how much more open Adam's hips and shoulders are than yours (and mine frankly).

CarpeDien DTL A7.jpg

So this is the type of Analysis you get from Evolvr, but much, much better than I can give. They would also give you drills to work on this. And it is WAY less expensive than in-person lessons. You can also do short game, sand, putting, etc in your video lessons.

A good drill for you shoulder turn is to place your iron across your shoulders. Then go to A4 and try to get the shaft to point at the ball. Then rotate through and have the shaft still point toward the ball.

And when you practice, always start slow! Looks at @mvmac My Swing thread for great examples of how to practice.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 1906 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!