IGNORED

My Swing (Nail)

Nail
Note: This thread is 1442 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, Slim_Pivot said:

I respect the guts it takes to dress like Tiger...but with adidas shoes and hat! Ahhhhh! Lol jk man.

Keep up the hard work. Iacas has done a lot for my game in a short time. Make sure you do it his way (slow motion, tiny successes)-even if it’s painful at times. It works.

Dressing like tiger is not intentional lol. I do love him though. 

Ya I’m trying to make too many changes lately and my game is suffering in the short term but hopefully will improve in the long run. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Anyone any idea why I might be over drawing/hooking my irons?? Is it possibly a grip thing?

20 minutes ago, Nail said:

Anyone any idea why I might be over drawing/hooking my irons?? Is it possibly a grip thing?

Path too far out. You transition a little steep and then shallow out late which sends your path too far right.

You're kind of making the same swing as in your OP. Did you work on the wall drill? You should post video of you doing that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

16 hours ago, billchao said:

Path too far out. You transition a little steep and then shallow out late which sends your path too far right.

You're kind of making the same swing as in your OP. Did you work on the wall drill? You should post video of you doing that.

Yes I worked on the wall drill but looking at the vid of my swing it looks like I’m still not getting the correct axis tilt. I’ll have to keep working on it I think until it sticks

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/22/2019 at 11:35 PM, billchao said:

Hi mate having watched my swings over and over especially the dtl view, do they really look the same to you? In the first I'm coming over the top and pulling it. In the second I see, to be coming from the inside, that shot drew about 20 yards from where i started it to where it finished.

In what way did you think they were the same?

15 minutes ago, Nail said:

Hi mate having watched my swings over and over especially the dtl view, do they really look the same to you? In the first I'm coming over the top and pulling it. In the second I see, to be coming from the inside, that shot drew about 20 yards from where i started it to where it finished.

In what way did you think they were the same?

In the way that you haven't changed the way you pivot. Your hips aren't turning away from "the wall".

You weren't coming over the top in your original swing. The club doesn't tip out at all. Your plane was just steep.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

58 minutes ago, billchao said:

In the way that you haven't changed the way you pivot. Your hips aren't turning away from "the wall".

You weren't coming over the top in your original swing. The club doesn't tip out at all. Your plane was just steep.

Oh I see thanks, I didnt know you could pull the ball without swinging out to in so I assumed I was coming over the top. Ya I am working on the wall drill and making backswings in the mirror with a club trying to make a better pivot. Hopefully it is working. 

I think i am turning my hands over too much through impact too causing the hook along with coming too much from inside but that is another issue

16 minutes ago, Nail said:

didnt know you could pull the ball without swinging out to in so I assumed I was coming over the top.

You pull the ball any time the clubface is closed to your target.

16 minutes ago, Nail said:

Ya I am working on the wall drill and making backswings in the mirror with a club trying to make a better pivot. Hopefully it is working. 

That's why I suggested for you to film the drill and post it, or at least look at it yourself, because it doesn't look to me like you're doing anything differently. 

17 minutes ago, Nail said:

I think i am turning my hands over too much through impact too causing the hook along with coming too much from inside but that is another issue

Your hands turn too much because you kind of throw the clubhead, which is a little bit due to your transition and a little due to how far inside you are at A6.

The hook is a result of the path. It's too far out. With that path you're going to hit big draws and blocks.

BTW do you understand the ballflight laws?

https://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/ball_flight_laws

Bill

My Swing Thread

11 minutes ago, billchao said:

You pull the ball any time the clubface is closed to your target.

That's why I suggested for you to film the drill and post it, or at least look at it yourself, because it doesn't look to me like you're doing anything differently. 

Your hands turn too much because you kind of throw the clubhead, which is a little bit due to your transition and a little due to how far inside you are at A6.

The hook is a result of the path. It's too far out. With that path you're going to hit big draws and blocks.

BTW do you understand the ballflight laws?

https://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/ball_flight_laws

Yes I think understand the ball flight laws. I’ve read that thread multiple times. I wouldn’t say I’m an expert but the reason I thought I came over the top was because it was a straight pull in my first vids and I thought that meant a closed club face to target but square to the path(out to in)

• 11 months later...

Just looking at my vid from my day 14 practice today and when I dont think about it I have a definite sway to the right with my hips, its surely why my biggest miss is a fat shot.

@iacas I didn’t want to derail the other thread so I took a slow mo close up of me hitting a putt. I don’t have graph paper but I thought this looks level at least or slightly up. What do you think?

• Administrator

That wasn't slow-mo, but it looks to be slightly up, yeah.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 hours ago, iacas said:

That wasn't slow-mo, but it looks to be slightly up, yeah.

Ya I have no idea why it didn’t stay in slow mo, I recorded it as n slow mo on my phone and I can watch it in slow mo. The vid is over a minute long. When I upload it to YouTube or Vimeo it goes back to regular speed. 

4 hours ago, Nail said:

Ya I have no idea why it didn’t stay in slow mo, I recorded it as n slow mo on my phone and I can watch it in slow mo. The vid is over a minute long. When I upload it to YouTube or Vimeo it goes back to regular speed. 

Are you using iMovie or just from Photos? Sometimes you have to be careful with Photos when you set the slow motion section of a video. It want to revert back to the unrendered version. Save it as a different video or make sure you save your changes. I’ve been using iMovie lately because you can do edits in there as well.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Are you using iMovie or just from Photos? Sometimes you have to be careful with Photos when you set the slow motion section of a video. It want to revert back to the unrendered version. Save it as a different video or make sure you save your changes. I’ve been using iMovie lately because you can do edits in there as well.

Just from photos. The last time I uploaded a slow mo vid it worked, not sure why it didnt this time. Thanks for the advice btw

Note: This thread is 1442 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!