IGNORED

ClicGear, Sun Mountain, CaddyTek???

Note: This thread is 1140 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Perhaps I did not notice but does the Clicgear come with an umbrella holder, beverage cup holder? 

the real concern was the front wheel it seems awfully close to where the bottom of the bag lays. 

I cannot speak about the durability, all push carts seem to be built equal. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:

Perhaps I did not notice but does the Clicgear come with an umbrella holder, beverage cup holder? 

Yes. Both.

16 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:

the real concern was the front wheel it seems awfully close to where the bottom of the bag lays.

You can jury rig something IF your bag rubs. Or get the $9 official fix. Or wait for the 4.

16 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:

I cannot speak about the durability, all push carts seem to be built equal. 

They are not.

ClicGear are the tanks among the regular cars of push carts.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not sure I would pay $250 for something that my bag does not fit properly on. Is this something Clicgear has acknowledged and is fixing or adjusting on the 4? When does that come out?

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

Not yet I guess. 

30CF76E5-4B13-44E4-AAA5-16C24DA0B10A.png

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

• Administrator
1 hour ago, jmanbooyaa said:

Not sure I would pay $250 for something that my bag does not fit properly on. Is this something Clicgear has acknowledged and is fixing or adjusting on the 4? When does that come out?

Most bags fit fine. Some of the weirder bags with odd "heels" (stand bags) or bags with indented soles.

Still, they raised it slightly on the 4.

Look, I'm not gonna talk you into the ClicGear, but I will say again and for the last time that I think your perceptions are off base.

BTW:

http://www.clicgear.com/pushcarts/model-4/features.php

http://www.clicgear.com/pushcarts/model-4/colors.php

http://www.clicgear.com/pushcarts/model-4/index.php

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

13 hours ago, jmanbooyaa said:

I am in the market for a new push cart. Will be giving my 4 wheel tour trek to my brother in law who will be taking up golf. 

I just got a Sun Mountain C-130 bag, do you the size a 3 wheel push cart is more ideal. 

I was just at Golf Galaxy and checked out the ClicGear 3.5 and Sun Mountain GX. 

As a long time push cart user, I did not like the ClicGear. The fact you need to buy the accessories is annoying and I am not confident that the bottom of the bag won’t run. 

I liked the Sun Mountain GX, the price is similar to the ClicGear. 

The 3rd option I am not able to physically see, however it does seem to have all that I want on a cart for $100 less. The TGW player 3 wheel cart. Anyone have one? I believe they are made by caddytek. 

Greetings, I started this thread when I was looking at getting a ClicGear Cart. 

If you follow the thread you will see that I ended up getting the ClicGear 3.5+. I think I included all the reasoning for that choice.

In my opinion... granted opinions are like buttholes everyone has one, you'd be crazy not to get the clicgear. 

I just got a Sun Mountain C-130 bag as well (Christmas Gift from the family). You don't have to worry about it fitting on the cart. It fits perfectly fine. I haven't modified the bag or the cart and mine fits no trouble at all. Work great. I'll try to grab a picture to post. 

• Informative 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Thanks @ChetlovesMer. The C-130 is so much larger than any bag I have ever owned and does not fit well on my 4 wheel push cart. The umbrella holder of all things rubs. The bottom piece the tip of the umbrella goes in hits right on the wheel. 

since my brother in law wants to start playing and I walk exclusively, I figured I would give him my 4 wheel push cart, old Ogio bag and Titleist AP1 irons. 

I will treat myself to a new cart. Fair deal. I have made my mind up on 3 wheel, just not brand. The bag fit is the biggest issue. I am siding towards a hand brake as my True Originals get beat up on the top from the current foot brake system. 

Bag fit, handbrake, umbrella holder, drink holder and ease and size of breaking down cart are important to me. 

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

I have used SM Speed Carts, and I also had a Bag Boy Quad. Both were very good. The SM is slightly easier to push, and the BB is slightly more stable. I went for the easy one, and sold the BB. I'm sure any quality built push cart would be fine for me. My course has an account with SM, and they offer discounts to members, so that influenced my choice of SM vs. Clicgear.

On 1/29/2019 at 5:10 PM, RemyM said:

I have a three wheel Sun Mountain speed cart and my buddy has a Click Gear.  He has pushed my cart when caddying for me and I have used a Click Gear when playing at another friends club.  We both have come to the same conclusion.  The Sun Mountain is lighter and easier to maneuver then the Click Gear but the click gear does fold up smaller.  The bracket that holds my divot mix bottle on the Sun Mountain has fallen off many times even with a bigger screw and at this point I just store it in the basket.  Other parts of the Sun Mountain have also broke including the front wheel pivot lock, the bottom bracket and couple of brake cables.  Getting replacement parts for the Sun Mountain has been easy in the seven or so years I've had it.  My buddy has only had to replace the brake cable once on his Click Gear in six years. 

I agree with this. A few of my buddies have the Clicgear 3.5 and while I agree that it appears very well made, durable, tank-like, it's just too heavy and hard to push and steer. I have a Sun Mountain Speed V3 and it's so much easier to push. We all have lightweight stand bags and the same number of clubs and nothing extraneous. Every time I push one of their 3.5s it's horrible compared to mine. No thanks.

Colin P.

I ended up replacing my 40 year old 2 wheel cart with the clicgear about a week ago. Ive only played one round with it, but I like it a lot. The only issue I had with it is that out of the box, it was playing a 40 yard draw. Any time I was coming off of a raised tee, I had to aim the cart well right for it to swing back around to me. I know it is adjustable, but when I checked the alignment in my basement over about 20 feet it was imperceptible. After I align the wheels, i have a feeling that I'll be falling in love. 

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

I had a Clic Gear 3.5 which was great but sold it to a friend and got a Bag Boy Tri-swivel II because it is lighter and folds a little more compact. The clic gear is certainly more sturdy between the two, and if space / weight weren’t an issue I would have kept the Clic Gear.

I also tried a Caddy Tek 3 wheel model and felt it was a less refined, albeit much cheaper ($99 at Costco at the time I bought it) copy of the Clic Gear. I ended up returning it. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• Administrator
5 hours ago, colin007 said:

I agree with this. A few of my buddies have the Clicgear 3.5 and while I agree that it appears very well made, durable, tank-like, it's just too heavy and hard to push and steer. I have a Sun Mountain Speed V3 and it's so much easier to push. We all have lightweight stand bags and the same number of clubs and nothing extraneous. Every time I push one of their 3.5s it's horrible compared to mine. No thanks.

The Sun Mountain is 17.85 lbs. The ClicGear is 18 lbs.

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

In the backing world they say, "ounces makes pounds".....lol

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

Any thoughts on the Clicgear Rovic?

I have narrowed my search to clicgear or the TGW 3 wheel player push cart. 

After more research I like that if something brakes on the clicgear it can be replaced. As unlikely as it is a wheel brakes(a cart once ran over an broke one) you can replace. Basically the lure of clicgear is the body will last a very long time and you can purchase other parts. That is huge considering you don’t need to throw it out. 

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

Other things to consider with a push cart.  Not just overall weight but size of wheels, width of wheels... are they greased axle or ball bearing?  Angle(s) of handle for easy "push-ability", toe in/toe out, firmness of tires... rolling resistance.  I won't mention aerodynamics. 😊

1 hour ago, iacas said:

I know. I have no idea why it feels so much heavier, it really is harder to push. I have no doubt they weigh virtually the same, but they don't push the same. 

Colin P.

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, colin007 said:

I know. I have no idea why it feels so much heavier, it really is harder to push. I have no doubt they weigh virtually the same, but they don't push the same. 

I don't find that to be true at all.

I wonder if something was up with the axles or something on the CG.

Note: This thread is 1140 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!