nevets88

Bryson Dechambeau Wins Dubai and Social Media Notes His Club Brush Setup

33 posts / 2730 viewsLast Reply

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

It still doesn't explain the values he was saying in the video. ""26" what? It's not kg/m^3 or lb/ft^3. 

I still this it was 26 Bryson's per Chambeau.

If you go to the calculator and put in 31°C (88°F), 75% humidity, 1000hPa (barometric pressure) and altitude of 0 meters the DewPoint Air Temperature is 26
I'm not going to tell you what that means, you'd have to ask the quasi-scientist golfer how he adjusts yardages due to an air density value

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

5 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I'm admittedly easy to amuse, but I almost spit out a sip of coffee on this unit.

"DeChambeau's per cubic Bryson?" wasn't bad, but the Bryson's per Chambeau got me. Well played.

Bryson is the annoying teachers pet who is right enough to do better than you in class, but you know that he spends every Friday night organizing his sock drawer.   My main hope for him is that he is so engrossed in his stats that he steps on a rake and it whacks him in the face.....

8 hours ago, imsys0042 said:

Bryson is the annoying teachers pet who is right enough to do better than you in class, but you know that he spends every Friday night organizing his sock drawer.   My main hope for him is that he is so engrossed in his stats that he steps on a rake and it whacks him in the face.....

Lol!  

808F3BBB-F2B9-4B7C-A778-2DCAA1FE6C24.gif

It’s really just more of a type of OCD for Bryson. Thinking he’s making an adjustment for air density is comical at best. But as long as it doesn’t hold up other players then he can have his little fun with it.

Maybe all his overthinking is actually more beneficial to him then the actual data in that it offers a distraction from the emotional side of the game. The more he can focus on the air density the less time he has to think things like 

Im down by 1 with 3 holes left and I cant hit a fairway and Taco Bell for breakfast and white pants were not a good mix on the final day😕

Edited by iacas
removed unneeded whitespace

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 7:46 AM, ChetlovesMer said:

I was chit chatting yesterday with a bunch of golfers. I was surprised to hear that a lot of guys don't like Bryson Dechambeau. I don't have anything against the guy. hmm... maybe its the hat?

Maybe they just don't understand physics, so they wouldn't have anything to talk to him about. Like him or not, he's got a great game and a unique approach to it.

I’m confused at what calculations need to be done on the golf course.  I can understand getting a base line for atmospheric conditions for example I know I can hit my 7 Iron x yards in calm wind at course A and y yards in calm wind at course B.   But they don’t have access to other inputs needed to change those calculations mid round.    Looks to me like you could just jot down a chart with 13 rows and as many columns as you have shot types and just reference how far you hit each club.  Or do like everyone else and just remember it...  

9 hours ago, Jrryan97 said:

I’m confused at what calculations need to be done on the golf course.  I can understand getting a base line for atmospheric conditions for example I know I can hit my 7 Iron x yards in calm wind at course A and y yards in calm wind at course B.   But they don’t have access to other inputs needed to change those calculations mid round.    Looks to me like you could just jot down a chart with 13 rows and as many columns as you have shot types and just reference how far you hit each club.  Or do like everyone else and just remember it...  

He is OCD. It is obvious. I think he also uses the numbers to calm himself mentally. It is kind of a focus tool. Focusing on numbers relaxes his body.

I don't like the guy because he's a very slow player. has no consideration for the golfers hes playing with. The Hat don't help. He's a great ball striker but slow. Slow golf will be the death of golf.

Please don't play a course over your head.

Not a BDC fan at all. Some guys grow on me. This guy has done the opposite. The more I’ve gotten to know him, the more I don’t like him.

On 2/8/2019 at 11:56 AM, boogielicious said:

It still doesn't explain the values he was saying in the video. ""26" what? It's not kg/m^3 or lb/ft^3. 

The units are inches of mercury...

...and yes, that would be extraordinarily low. 

15 minutes ago, David in FL said:

The units are inches of mercury...

...and yes, that would be extraordinarily low. 

I don’t think it is. It’s lower - by a lot - than the lowest in recorded history.

Outside tropical storms, hurricanes, etc.

39 minutes ago, iacas said:

I don’t think it is. It’s lower - by a lot - than the lowest in recorded history.

Outside tropical storms, hurricanes, etc.

Sorry, I misunderstood the discussion.

Barometric pressure is measured in inches of mercury or millibars.

His discussion may have been in yards… Both heat and altitude also impact air density

Edited by David in FL

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.