IGNORED

Who Is Your "Golf Villain"? And Why?

ChetlovesMer

I’m always surprised to find Zach haters, I mean what could he have possibly ever done to earn hate lol.  I wouldn’t say i have a villian, just guys I don’t want to see win, but I do actually like Reed and Poulter.  The Kuchar caddie thing really made me lose respect for him

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

Eldrick and D J

Eldrick because he's an arrogant prick, who squandered his legacy for some strange.

D J..Continues to father illegitimate children with a woman he refuses to marry. Busted for cocaine use and got a pass claiming his absence was for "personal reasons"...Another arrogant prick who believes that laws, good manners and civility don't apply to him.

Mike Weir... about 10 years ago at the Houston Open he made a big display of telling my son to stop making noise with his pairing sheet next to the 9th green. To be fair, my son probably WAS making too much noise but he is deaf in one ear (or nearly so) and sometimes isn't the most self-aware of beings. LOL My son's friends still give him grief over it.

My old but trusty bag is filled with clubs I built...Integra SoooLong 450 10.5°, Jackaroo II 13* 16* 23*  hybrids, Dynacraft irons and wedges...plus a sweet Tad Moore Peach putter.

Please check out my sports card/memorabilia blog: The Five Tool Collector

Tiger Woods

Because since he has been on Tour everyone in the media has been sucking on his pickle because he can do no wrong..( yet i somehow knew something was really fake about him )......    If he stares down someone in the crowd, that person did something wrong, if he starts cussing and swearing, it's just Tiger being Tiger and he is being competitive....   Yet when someone else does it..... omg!!!!!   i can't believe so n so is so pissy about this or that... which is what you hear from the media and the golf snobs....    

Not going to lie, the day his Ex Wife came at him with that golf club was probably one of those day's i won't ever forget because it made me right about him all along.....       Even some of my co-worker's at the time was like why do you hate Tiger so much???   and I said it's because he had everyone fooled into thinking he was different....  but he is no different from some hood rat that goes around sticking his pickle in every girl he meets ( while he is married ) ... except he has a lot of money....    

And the stories of him being overly cheap at tipping and especially this story

Tiger_Woods_once_baffled_and-47b87577816

The downfall of Tiger Woods, both on and off the golf course, remains one of the most...

It is what it is

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

31 minutes ago, David L Yskes said:

Tiger Woods

Because since he has been on Tour everyone in the media has been sucking on his pickle because he can do no wrong..( yet i somehow knew something was really fake about him )......    If he stares down someone in the crowd, that person did something wrong, if he starts cussing and swearing, it's just Tiger being Tiger and he is being competitive....   Yet when someone else does it..... omg!!!!!   i can't believe so n so is so pissy about this or that... which is what you hear from the media and the golf snobs....    

Not going to lie, the day his Ex Wife came at him with that golf club was probably one of those day's i won't ever forget because it made me right about him all along.....       Even some of my co-worker's at the time was like why do you hate Tiger so much???   and I said it's because he had everyone fooled into thinking he was different....  but he is no different from some hood rat that goes around sticking his pickle in every girl he meets ( while he is married ) ... except he has a lot of money....    

The downfall of Tiger Woods, both on and off the golf course, remains one of the most...

You’re a goof.  Many people have made some bone head moves. This one-sided three year old story is questionable. Either way Tiger has obviously changed a lot in his behavior. Even Steve Williams said that after his Masters win. And you’re just as guilty in the other direction. People like you will never give Tiger a break or credit him with any of the good things he has done. So don’t get too self righteous about your silly hatred (envy) of Tiger.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

On 4/21/2019 at 10:59 PM, Vinsk said:

You’re a goof.  Many people have made some bone head moves. This one-sided three year old story is questionable. Either way Tiger has obviously changed a lot in his behavior. Even Steve Williams said that after his Masters win. And you’re just as guilty in the other direction. People like you will never give Tiger a break or credit him with any of the good things he has done. So don’t get too self righteous about your silly hatred (envy) of Tiger.

After reading the book (books) about Tiger's early life, the way he was raised, and how successful he became at a young age, I'm not surprised by some of the Tiger haters (or supporters). It's very similar to Michael Jackson. Unfortunately, I think he was screwed up before he ever hit a shot on the tour. I'm not making excuses for him because he has made some really bad decisions, but I won't put all the blame on him. He freaked out when he got out of his parents house, got some $, and some freedom. Like him or hate him....he's good for the game. 

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

I no longer really hold TW's behavior against him.  He's certainly no Jack, nor will he ever be, but I understand that the way he was raised was so odd that it would have been nearly impossible for anyone to expect him to act otherwise.  He's seemed to have really come around this time, as far as interaction and fan appreciation, and just general decency and respect toward those who help make his life the way it is.

Yeah, yeah, he was good for the game - or was he just good for the purses, and the golf industry?  Even if he was (and he was), it was in spite of himself.  He brought great, remarkable golf.  And not one thing more.  Contrast that to guys like Arnie and Jack and you can see why some will never accept him as the GOAT.

But he's DEFINITELY proven himself on the course as the GOAT for me, the Masters sealed the deal in my mind.

Edited by 3jacker

• Administrator
On 4/21/2019 at 10:24 PM, David L Yskes said:

Tiger Woods

Ha.

Plenty - and by that I mean many, many, many people - disliked Tiger Woods. They got on him about spitting on the golf course. They called him out every time he swore. The forums were full of racists Tiger haters.

And… I never cared about his personal life. I wasn't lied to, because I didn't give a shit about what he was doing personally. I enjoyed watching him play golf. That's where it started and ended with me, and with most rational people.

• Like 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

And… I never cared about his personal life. I wasn't lied to, because I didn't give a shit about what he was doing personally. I enjoyed watching him play golf. That's where it started and ended with me, and with most rational people.

I'd be lying if I said that I never cared about his personal life. When the story about his wife cracking the window of his SUV with his 8-iron came to light, I followed it like my Aunt Barbara follows her favorite soap opera. Up until that point I didn't care about his personal life. After that, I was like a gawker passing an accident on the highway. 

I do like watching him play golf, always have. No golfer in my lifetime has provided more drama on or off the course. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

I find it hard to like a golfer if they have a bad attitude or personality.   For me, Tiger did years ago.   The Tiger I see now seems very genuine and and positive.   I'm glad he's winning again.   I can appreciate his golfing skills, which is what he should ultimately be judged on, but I am much more of a fan of him today than 10 years ago

—Adam

I think golf skills are among the least important things we should be judged on. When we die, they are utterly irrelevant.  Even for Jack, Tiger, Old and Young Tom.  

On 4/13/2019 at 7:54 PM, Ping said:

D J..Continues to father illegitimate children with a woman he refuses to marry.

That’s a little extreme, illegitimate seems more like having a kid with a side chick while you already have a main family. And so you don’t take care of the kid or hold him in lower regard. I don’t think that’s the case. His kids are his main family based on what I’ve seen.

I think you’re all good on the front of villainizing him for “living in sin”, his party lifestyle, and his perceived attitude. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2019 at 1:16 PM, iacas said:

Ha.

Plenty - and by that I mean many, many, many people - disliked Tiger Woods. They got on him about spitting on the golf course. They called him out every time he swore. The forums were full of racists Tiger haters.

Disliking Tiger makes one a racist?  Is Jesper Parnevik a racist for disliking Tiger?  Is it not possible to dislike Tiger for reasons other than race?  Why jump to such an ugly conclusion?

On 4/24/2019 at 10:16 AM, iacas said:

The forums were full of racists Tiger haters.

Beneath you.....

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

3 hours ago, Herkimer said:

Disliking Tiger makes one a racist?  Is Jesper Parnevik a racist for disliking Tiger?  Is it not possible to dislike Tiger for reasons other than race?  Why jump to such an ugly conclusion?

Because many of us were on other golf discussion boards like rsg when he turned pro and it was about as obvious as it gets.  There are a lot of reasons not to like Tiger, but back then people weren't afraid to display the ugly ones.  If you didn't live through it you wouldn't know or understand and see through the aura of dislike for that uppity kid.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

6 hours ago, Herkimer said:

There are plenty of other reasons to dislike people, but sadly, there were a percentage that used skin color. Vijay, Calvin Peete, Lee Trevino all experienced it. Trevino would change in the parking lot at Augusta because of that sad experience. 

4 hours ago, BallStriker said:

Beneath you.....

Not really. Racism rears it’s ugly head everywhere. Why should golf be any different?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

Not really. Racism rears it’s ugly head everywhere. Why should golf be any different?

It's the most over-played card in the deck. Many people claim racism or are called racist for absolutely no reason than they dislike a person who happens to don a different skin color. Yes, many people dislike Tiger. I have friends who don't like Tiger. I don't know a single person who dislikes him because of his skin color, and to throw in the word 'racist' without ANY additional indicator from a person is beyond the pale. 

Personally, I think Tiger is the most intriguing figure in golf-both positively and negatively. Can't say I like him or dislike him. I've never met him. There are clearly some things in his past that bother me, but I also like what I've seen lately. Bottom line for me is that his personality and skills create some type of mysterious charisma that's almost undefinable and, IMO, inescapable. I love to watch him play, even though he makes me cringe at times. 

Right.  We all imagined it in the late 90s. /sarcasm

Smh

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only