IGNORED

2019 Phoenix Open

Bucki1968
Note: This thread is 1906 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

19 hours ago, David in FL said:

Enough about Johnny Freaking Miller!

Good riddance. 
Can I get an Amen ...

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wow bad shot followed by bad break for Rickie. If he walks away with 8 it will be amazing. 

Wow so it turned out to be a 7! I wasn’t sure on that ruling when I first heard it. 

Edited by HJJ003

I am confused.  That is absurd.  This game is hard. 

Driver: Taylormade RBZ :tmade: Irons: Titleist AP1 :titleist: PW-4 All other clubs are needing upgrading as I am able to afford it.

Wow, that was crazy. Can't believe Rickie pitched that into the water. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

If I read the rules correctly, if a ball at rest moves while on the green it's placed back in its original position. If it moves while off the green, it's played from its new position. (Which is why Ricky lost a stroke for having to take it out of the water again.)  So my question to the rules gurus: What's the rationale for the rule being different depending on whether on the green or not?

Edited by sacm3bill
typo

Bill

• Administrator
1 minute ago, sacm3bill said:

If I read the rules correctly, if a ball at rest moves while on the green it's placed back in it's original position.

Only if it's been marked/lifted.

1 minute ago, sacm3bill said:

So my question to the rules gurus: What's the rationale for the rule being different depending on whether on the green or not?

You'd have to ask the USGA/R&A, but I assume that it has to do with the fact that the lie of the ball is "known" on the putting green, but couldn't reliably be re-created off the putting green (particularly since the ball apparently moved pretty easily).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I can't understand why I keep rooting for Sunday Rickie, but I can't help myself. I wait all day for the inevitable disaster, then when it happens I feel bad for him. Oh well, here we go again, LOL. Lets see if he can snatch a victory from the jaws of defeat!

Edited by GrandStranded

PING G400 Max 9*  Taylormade  M2 15*  Callaway Steelhead XR 19* & 22*   Callaway Apex CF-16 5-GW  Callaway MD3 54* & 58*  RIFE 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet 34"

I thought Norman retired?

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

14 minutes ago, iacas said:

Only if it's been marked/lifted.

Ah, that's right. The rule makes sense then - if your ball is in a precarious position, better hurry up and mark it if on the green, or hit it if not (since you can't mark off the green).

Bill

8 minutes ago, GrandStranded said:

I can't understand why I keep rooting for Sunday Rickie, but I can't help myself. I wait all day for the inevitable disaster, then when it happens I feel bad for him. Oh well, here we go again, LOL. Lets see if he can snatch a victory from the jaws of defeat!

Much better attitude than Sergio!   He is showing character with this meltdown. 

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

I have a pretty big bet on JT over Rickie for the 4th Round (-120 play).......it is just a comedy of errors between these two.....crazy

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

22 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

Much better attitude than Sergio!   He is showing character with this meltdown. 

I agree 100% his attitude is way better then Sergio's. That said, my two favorite golfers are Sergio and Poulter. (I know, I know, LOL). I'm thinking the fire those guys have inside them might be the one thing Fowler is lacking.

Edited by GrandStranded

PING G400 Max 9*  Taylormade  M2 15*  Callaway Steelhead XR 19* & 22*   Callaway Apex CF-16 5-GW  Callaway MD3 54* & 58*  RIFE 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet 34"

You can get an idea of each tournament's distinct flavor by searching for its hashtag or name on social media. Most tournaments, you get golf action, or something related to golf. For this tournament, on Instagram, most hits are not yielding golf, but like a sorority fraternity look at me drink fest get together. Which we all know it is, but man, it is so babe and dudebook. Get off my lawn!

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Good for him! It was nice to see him win that thing. He's a hard guy not to like.

Note: This thread is 1906 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!