IGNORED

2019 Phoenix Open

Bucki1968
Note: This thread is 1904 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I would think with all the bad weather up north it would be good week-end to watch some golf in sunny Arizona? Looks like a pretty good field. Super Bowl right after the final round on Sunday....good week-end for sports. I played TPC Scottsdale a few years ago....was not a big fan. Maybe it beat me up too much.

• Thumbs Up 1

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 minutes ago, Bucki1968 said:

I played TPC Scottsdale a few years ago....was not a big fan. Maybe it beat me up too much.

I've played it once too. Was fine, but not worth the $$$$ IMO. TBH, I'm not really a fan of this tournament. Nascar crowd at a golf tournament doesn't do it for me.

• Like 1

• iacas changed the title to 2019 Phoenix Open
  • Administrator

The course sucks.

Really abysmal.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

The course sucks.

Really abysmal.

In general or you mean as now for this tournament? I’ve never been there.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

In general or you mean as now for this tournament? I’ve never been there.

I didn't enjoy my round there at all. It's a blah, crappy course. The only hole that I enjoyed playing was the 18th, and maybe that par five with the bare area 50 yards short of the green (3?). The rest of the holes just blend together, and even 15-17 was blah without the stadium stuff. 16 in particular is a boring, nothing par three.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

18 minutes ago, iacas said:

The only hole that I enjoyed playing was the 18th

Funny, that's basically the only hole I remember fondly too, other than the 16th and some hole that had some rocky walls running down the fairway at some point.

I actually like the other course (Champions) better. It's not great either, but at least the price is much more reasonable.

It just a different tournament where the fans gets a bit more importance than in a regular pga tournament. Lets the player do their stuff in a more relax atmosphear and the fans feel less retricted in their behavior on the course.
Different don´t mean better or worst, just different.   

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well perhaps I’ve never really paid attention to the actual course due to the emphasis on the crowd and atmosphere.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

1 hour ago, chspeed said:

Funny, that's basically the only hole I remember fondly too, other than the 16th and some hole that had some rocky walls running down the fairway at some point.

I actually like the other course (Champions) better. It's not great either, but at least the price is much more reasonable.

I don't remember too many of the holes either. Just kinda all looked the same. Hate to say it but I played Legends at Mrytle Beach and it was kinda the same thing. In good shape but I cannot really remember a hole I was like "'WOW".

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

"Loose Impediment" isn't so much a definition as a challenge for the masses if you're popular

Bill - 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, rehmwa said:

"Loose Impediment" isn't so much a definition as a challenge for the masses if you're popular

It's still important that it meet the definition. For example, it can't be embedded, even if it's movable.

It looks like the USGA rescinded Denny McCarthy's penalty! 

"The U.S. Golf Association, the R&A and the PGA Tour announced Saturday afternoon that the two-shot penalty Denny McCarthy received Friday for violating Rule 10.2b (4) has been rescinded.

All noted in their statements that a similar situation Friday with Justin Thomas was brought to their attention Saturday morning and he would not be penalized either. So everyone is in the clear and McCarthy is getting his two shots back!"

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Enough about Johnny Freaking Miller!

• Like 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Enough about Johnny Freaking Miller!

He's been a broadcaster for 29 years. This is the end. You had to know what you were getting into today. After today, you won't have to worry about it anymore.

Just now, iacas said:

He's been a broadcaster for 29 years. This is the end. You had to know what you were getting into today. After today, you won't have to worry about it anymore.

I never expected this level of crap....and I actually like him.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, David in FL said:

The stupid song was horrible, but I've never liked "Jake Trout."

But, yeah, it's over after today. And this event isn't anywhere near my favorite anyway given the stupid 16th and the wretched golf course.

9 minutes ago, David in FL said:

I hear ya. At least like Erik said it’s not happening at a better tournament (imo). But what I don’t need is the panning away from play. Jabber all you want but we know what Johnny looks like...we don’t need to see his reaction nor the pros’ send offs on camera. Play them, fine..but keep the cameras on the course.

Note: This thread is 1904 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!