NM Golf

What Does Winter Golf Look Like to You?

41 posts in this topic Last Reply

Looks like this (The Range in Dublin, OH):

image.png.088010943fec3909ac81176149ce907b.png

Got five 1 hour sessions for $100 in preparation for a little golf trip to Florida at the end of next week. Thanks to @klineka for the tip!

Edited by Carl3

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

2 hours ago, Carl3 said:

Got five 1 hour sessions for $100 in preparation for a little golf trip to Florida at the end of next week. Thanks to @klineka for the tip!

Glad you like it! I've gone twice so far this winter and love it. You can get A LOT of swings in by yourself in 1 hour.

6 minutes ago, klineka said:

You can get A LOT of swings in by yourself in 1 hour.

😞

7 minutes ago, iacas said:

😞

I know that a lot of swings doesn't make it a good practice session, sometimes I drift back into old habits of just swing swing swing, especially in front of a launch monitor :doh: 

Clearly I'm still a work in progress :-P

My winter golf consists of three main things for me right now

1. SuperSpeed training in my driveway (weather permitting)
  2. 9 to 3 half swings in my basement hitting foam balls working on my top two priority pieces as best I can
  3. 4-6 foot putts on my putting mat working on minimizing the loop in my putting stroke and grooving a consistent ball position, alignment, grip, etc.

Winter golf here in my area of TN is usually more wet than anything. I would say on average we can play year round, just because we will have plenty of days in the winter that are around 50*. This year though, it has been unusually wet so we haven't gotten to play very much because it has been raining so much.  Our weather is nuts.  There are days where it will start off around 55-60 in the mornings and by that afternoon, it has dropped to 35 or something crazy. You can easily have all 4 seasons in one day here..haha