Sign in to follow this  
nevets88

Anyone Use Bias Lighting For Their TV?

1 post / 4495 viewsLast Reply

Did it make a difference? How was it better? What did you use? I'm looking at this:

flex_grande.png?v=1548440276

Slightly more expensive than competitors, but measurably better in every way. Please note: The brand new MediaLight Flex will cover 4 sides on TVs up to 55" and it will cover 3 sides on TVs up to 85" (top, left and right).  If...

Bias lighting can help reduce the eye strain caused by long exposures to TV screens and monitors in dark rooms, but it can also help make the grays and blacks on your screen seem richer.

Bias lighting is placed behind a TV to increase the ambient light around the screen without shining more light in the viewer’s eyes. This type of light helps reduce eye strain and fatigue by keeping our eyes from constantly trying to adjust to the bright light levels of the screen in contrast to the dark light levels of the room. 

bwund4guyegwnnnbbmyu.jpg

Bias lighting can help reduce the eye strain caused by long exposures to TV screens and monitors in dark rooms, but it can also help make the grays and blacks on your screen seem richer.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2020 TST Partners

PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    • Historically: Ben Hogan, Arnold Palmer, Tiger Woods, Bobby Jones  Truthfully: Ben Hogan, Fred Couples, Reteif Goosen, Curtis Strange. Fantastically: Ben Hogan, Fred Couples, Brooks Koepka, Payne Stewart
    • eh For the sake of referencing somewhere to start, Ill begin with reaffirming your belief that, playing mini tour golf is a tough way to make a living.  From my own experience I understand how you came to the conclusions of just how hard it is for anyone to achieve golf excellence.  Speaking from deeper depths of my experience, I can say that's where our common ground stops.   Playing golf at its highest level isn't strictly about talent. Not about hitting 350 yard drives while shooting 29 for 9 holes against friends. Playing golf.at its highest levels is about belief.  You mention the impossibility of a 22 year old with a 5 handicap ever doing anything with their game. I was a 27 year old weekend golfer (I didn't even carry a legitimate handicap index) when I realized I hated sales jobs and landed a job at a private club, a club that offered no restrictions to the course if I wasn't on the clock. Not long after I discovered local mini tours. After a number of painful years donating my tournament entry fees to the purses, I started playing good enough to finish in the money. Not long after I was actually winning.  My point being, there are a number of threads here, those of which detail the dreams of chasing golf greatness. Stories that offer and speak to the side of success.     
    • Yes. I checked out her site. I’m guessing it’s not her thing
    • By the simple fact that you referred to this event as "The Bob Hope" I am compelled to comment and share my two cents. I grew up in the Bob Hope Chrysler Classic era myself. When this, and the Crosby or AT&T in Monterey were the two flagship Pro-Am events. Ironically enough, it was this very season that I realized, the LPGA hosts a Pro-Am of their own, and it draws the names the PGA used to.  I can't help but think it's due to the fact that, even though the pros tear up the desert courses, the ams have always struggled. Not to mention the players on the LPGA Tour are no longer the stereotypical "dikes on spikes." But rather, not only being pretty damn cute, have a game that is fun to watch. I think the best thing that could have happened to this tour stop in the desert was picking up a sponsor as major as American Express. I say, because the big name Ams have clearly chosen the LPGA event, the PGA should drop the pro am portion and make it a full fledge tour stop held on the Stadium Course. Then leave the big draw pro am to Pebble Beach. 
    • Ask your buddy the amount of strokes a left-handed golfer is penalized when he is caught playing a right-handed ball...
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. Cy McCaffrey
      Cy McCaffrey
      (38 years old)
    2. MPD
      MPD
      (63 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...