iacas

2019 Newport Cup at The Arroyo Club, Sponsored by VUGA

118 posts / 14999 viewsLast Reply

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

I would love to play if I get my index back into single digits. Think of me as a last chance fill a spot kind of guy as I’d love to see others get a chance to play in the event. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

25 minutes ago, kpaulhus said:

I would love to play if I get my index back into single digits. Think of me as a last chance fill a spot kind of guy as I’d love to see others get a chance to play in the event. 

You'd also be switching teams, which is a big deal!

Of course, you're able to share best what a great time this event can be, having been to the last two, as can anyone who has participated in 2015 or 2017. That list includes:

I'll be following closely.  For those who may be new to TST, or who haven't paid attention to previous Newport Cup competitions, I can tell you that this event is just about the most fun I've ever had related to golf.  I have met players from all over the country, and I feel like each one became a new friend.  Thanks in advance to @mvmac and @iacas for all the hard work I know it must take to put this together.  

One small detail, Erik, the Newport Cup webpage needs to be updated just a bit, it doesn't show the winner of the 2017 competition.  :beer:

4 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

One small detail, Erik, the Newport Cup webpage needs to be updated just a bit, it doesn't show the winner of the 2017 competition.  :beer:

Yeah, I'll certainly need to update the 2017 page. @RandallT was going to do that before life happened a bit.

Like @DaveP043 already outlined if you have the chance you should definitely play. Lots of golf and even better friendships. Las Vegas has tons of good golf and food, the location choice is fabulous, although I am very partial to Pinehurst, Las Vegas has the potential to hang out a few days ahead or behind the event just like Pinehurst did.

I have played in the last two therefore like @DaveP043 I will keep a close eye on the applications. Some of you young guys should be all over this.

This competition should be on every TSTer's bucket list.  Erik and Mike select a great group of people.  The accommodations are terrific and the courses are top notch.  Anyone would be hard pressed to plan and execute a "buddy trip" that comes close to this.

Don't be concerned about the "application" process.  Two years ago it was fun and, for me, educational.  Everyone should toss their hat in the ring and then commit to following through with the selection process.

@gbogey

@sjduffers

I’m planning on applying this year! I’m very confident that I’ll be a single digit by then. I’ve been wanting to take part for a while and have just never been in the position to apply. For sure following!

I will agree with a lot of others who have already chimed in here. It's a great event, and you should seriously think about applying to attend if you meet the criteria. It's basically a golf trip with your buddies that's more competitive than a normal golf trip.

I will definitely be applying because it was so much fun last time.

I'll add on to the others, only having played once, it was a blast and I will definitely be applying again.  Erik and Mike do a great job with this event and it is definitely one of the best golf related events I've ever played in.  If not the best.  Great people and fun competition.  

I've been lucky to enjoy this competition more than once...the first one many, many moons ago. Erik and Mike did a great job last year putting this together at some awesome courses and added some excellent swag as well.  You never know what to expect going into a golf trip never meeting anyone before but I have to say all the guys were great and would have absolutely no reservations on doing it again (except playing @DeadMan every round) and hope some new blood will get to enjoy this experience.

6 minutes ago, NCGolfer said:

I have to say all the guys were great and would have absolutely no reservations on doing it again (except playing @DeadMan every round) and hope some new blood will get to enjoy this experience.

giphy.gif

Just now, DeadMan said:

giphy.gif

LOL.  It wasn't a knock on the company...you played well and was tired of seeing your name across from mine!  🙂

4 minutes ago, NCGolfer said:

LOL.  It wasn't a knock on the company...you played well and was tired of seeing your name across from mine!  🙂

Haha, no, I knew exactly what you meant. No worries at all!

Edited by DeadMan

I definitely plan on applying!

My handicap will likely be towards the upper end (probably 7-9) but I do plan on practicing a lot more this year than I have previously, so I don't think I should have any issue in keeping my handicap under 10.

Based on everything I have read from the 2017 Newport Cup, it sounds like an awesome event.

18 minutes ago, NCGolfer said:

I know exactly what you mean.  I was paired against @mchepp in the final round in both 2015 and 2017.  That's hard work!