IGNORED

2019 Newport Cup at The Arroyo Club, Sponsored by VUGA

iacas
Note: This thread is 1680 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Being that Las Vegas is in my neck of the woods, I would love to attend another Newport Cup. My handicap is good to go and that is the absolute best time of the year for me as far as not being busy. Very interested!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This is a great event played it back in 2015! Still one of my best golf memories of all time. Hopefully there will be lot of fresh faces. Will be following closely!

• Upvote 1

Vishal S.

I'll just add this link to this post I wrote summing up my 2017 Newport Cup experience...

Other than all that it was ahhight. 😀

Best golf trip I've ever been on. @iacasand @mvmac put on a terrific event. Hopefully I'm fortunate enough to be selected for this one.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

• Administrator

So, if you're interested in representing the East or West in the 2019 Newport Cup, you should do these things now:

1. Follow this topic. Scroll to the top, click the "Follow" thingy, and choose the notification type that you'd like (I recommend daily or instant). It looks like this: image.png.
  2. Go here: https://thesandtrap.com/awards/category/2-site-awards/.
  3. Add the award to yourself (only to yourself - we can see who awards what to whom) for the appropriate team. In the "Reason" box write something very similar to this: add_yourself_newport_cup_award.jpg
  4. Post in this topic if you haven't already.
  5. Look over last year's application topic and the selection topic. Start to formulate some ideas on how you'll "apply." Note: the selection process will change, but maybe not too much as we kinda liked what we did last time.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'm interested in participating this year.  I think i'm West (Missouri).  I clicked the award before i read the note about adding the text in the award.  

• Upvote 1

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

I am interested. I assume Ohio's the East.

I'll have to have a heart to heart with "The One Who Must Be Obeyed" to see if it will fit into our schedules. 

• Upvote 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

I believe the dividing line between East and West is the Mississippi, but @iacas or @mvmac can correct me if I'm wrong.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

• Administrator
1 hour ago, DeadMan said:

I believe the dividing line between East and West is the Mississippi, but @iacas or @mvmac can correct me if I'm wrong.

Pretty much.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, dennyjones said:

There must be more than one!

Naw, just two little ones and one bride. The little ones like to think they run the house, but we all know who's really in charge. As the old saying goes "If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy." 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

2 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Naw, just two little ones and one bride. The little ones like to think they run the house, but we all know who's really in charge. As the old saying goes "If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy." 

If it would help I can have my own "She...." talk to yours.  When I was a little uncertain in 2015, she let me know that I BETTER accept the invitation.  Just one reason we're still together for our 35th year.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, gbogey said:

What if you live in a Mississippi river city?  5 miles east of it?

East

All of TN is "East."

The only strange one is where the Mississippi River diverges from the state border up from Minnesota and Wisconsin near Minneapolis. :-P

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator
56 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

The only strange one is where the Mississippi River diverges from the state border up from Minnesota and Wisconsin near Minneapolis. :-P

If we have a player from those states we'll decide what part of the country they're in.

As @bkuehn1952 mentioned my name, I am indeed considering applying this year, for the West team.

The index is currently at 8.3, and has been slowly rising from the low 7s since last summer, so hopefully it'll still be good by then. The thing that worries me the most is not the somewhat unknown people or location (I am pretty easy going), or the amount of golf/fun, etc... It's the making a video part of the application process!  FWIW, it's probably why I don't have a "my swing" thread on here either...

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

• Administrator

Why, @sjduffers? If you go people are going to see you. And we take photos and video at the event.

Note: This thread is 1680 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!