iacas

Adam Scott Begs For Slow Play Penalty

70 posts / 6239 viewsLast Reply

9 hours ago, colin007 said:

Didn't want to start a new thread. Anyways, 5:16 for a threesome is ATROCIOUS.

Yeah that’s ridiculous. How long does it take to hit 7i 140yds? Or a layup second shot on a 430yd par 5?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 hours ago, colin007 said:

I actually watched a bit of that.

I think it was Song that absolutely froze to the ground on a particular tee box. Lewis looked perturbed. 

And then I cut grass.

10 hours ago, colin007 said:

I agree. Five and six hour rounds are painful, and I can say that from experience. I believe Adam Scott is right to request a slow play penalty, because he probably hates it as much as I do. At least put the slow groups on the clock.

Edited by dagolfer18

46 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

I actually watched a bit of that.

I think it was Song that absolutely froze to the ground on a particular tee box. Lewis looked perturbed. 

And then I cut grass.

If it got you to mow your lawn it must be a good thing...

Give golfers a rating... put the slow ones out last.  Let them all slow each other up.

Edited by Double Mocha Man

2 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

If it got you to mow your lawn it must be a good thing...

It was actually exciting for a minute because I thought Stacy might hit her in the head with her club. 

That didn't happen. Then my coffee ran out.

No more excuses.

Edited by mcanadiens

10 hours ago, colin007 said:

That sounds like absolute torture. Bit of a shame at the complete lack of awareness from the players involved. Welp... it's a shame in general. 😑 

On 8/18/2020 at 9:20 AM, Double Mocha Man said:

Give golfers a rating... put the slow ones out last.  Let them all slow each other up.

It was the last round of a tournament. The leaders were paired together.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

It was the last round of a tournament. The leaders were paired together.

Which raises the question to which I don't have the answer.  Is it just tradition that the leaders are paired and go off last or is it a rule?  If not a rule what's keeping them from sending them out last, behind the leaders, so the leaders get to play at a decent pace?  But woe to the leader in the clubhouse, he/she has to wait a long time to see if they won.

It's all relative.  There're going to be fast players and there will be slow players.  No slow player has ever complained about slow play.  The problem is with the ones who are exceedingly slow.

2 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Which raises the question to which I don't have the answer.  Is it just tradition that the leaders are paired and go off last or is it a rule?  If not a rule what's keeping them from sending them out last, behind the leaders, so the leaders get to play at a decent pace?  But woe to the leader in the clubhouse, he/she has to wait a long time to see if they won.

It's the way to conduct a tournament. The leaders then all get as close to similar the same conditions, etc. They can see the person they're competing against most closely, etc. etc.

8 hours ago, colin007 said:

:shrug

Play faster. You get what you get.

A few of these on the PGA tour and maybe we will see change.

They erased the pairings on lpga.com....I wonder if other playing partners got the group on the clock and Spilkova and her loop didn't know how to 'play' the game and manage the clock to avoid a penalty....some guy on another forum said Carlota was playing really slow...but don't know if she was in Spilkova's group.

Unlike the PGA....at least the LPGA hands out more slow play penalties....some critical ones I remember was in 2007 Angela Park was assessed a penalty late in the 4th rd in Hawaii and Pressel was assessed a slow play lost of hole late in the semi's against Munoz at the 2012 Sybase Match Play...Aza's only LPGA win....I think it was Aza who got the pair on the clock.

It is BRUTAL watching some of the snails on the LPGA.....luckily I have a FF button.

It also took Juice Boy a long time to hit his shot after he found his ball at the Shiners on Fri.

Age old topic. I certainly agree with “boo” on slow play. I hate it, hard to get in a rhythm.. in casual, friendly play I still don’t like it, but I understand sometimes higher handicappers will inevitably take longer. When I competed in tournaments many moons ago, it was really really aggravating. On tour, there is so much riding on every shot (their lives) I think they overdo it.. seems like if they were excessive they would get a warning to pick it up and would be easier to monitor and enforce on tour. So many things have been done in other sports to speed things up, especially baseball. Letting slow play affect you and get aggravated can certainly take you out of your game. I don’t understand why they won’t address it either?

I read on GC's website that the final group on Sat at the KPMG took 5:18 hours to play 18 in a 3some....that is so PATHETIC.

I've basically accepted the fact on public courses that a normal rd with take 4:30 hours to play 18....with slow and lousy golfers who don't care about pace of play.

If we get around in 4 hours...it's a bonus.

12 hours ago, Mr22putt said:

I read on GC's website that the final group on Sat at the KPMG took 5:18 hours to play 18 in a 3some....that is so PATHETIC.

I've basically accepted the fact on public courses that a normal rd with take 4:30 hours to play 18....with slow and lousy golfers who don't care about pace of play.

If we get around in 4 hours...it's a bonus.

Agree. There was one Masters round where twosomes took almost 6 hours. I’ve played in a twosome, walking 18 in 3 hours and didn’t rush.