IGNORED

TRUE Linkswear Major And Early 2019 Plans

iacas
Note: This thread is 1727 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 minute ago, iacas said:

If you like a wide toe box go Original. If you like it narrower (still a bit wider than most golf shoes) go Major.

I do like the wide toe box, and also the 0mm drop.

The “OG” version of the Original is actually kinda cool.

- John

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I bought the Originals in black. Looking forward to trying them. 

My Eccos are size 44, this was the size they recommended for someone who normally wears an 11.

My beloved Nike TW 13s are size 11 but I noticed it shows 45 in Euro size. So with that in mind, I chose to order the True Originals in size 45. 

Edited by shortstop20

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

It has been a while since I wore True’s. Can you help me out. My Footjoy freestyle 2.0 are about done. The waterproofing is starting to let in water on the course. I wear a 10.5 in the Footjoys. I want to say I wore 11.5 in the True Sensei(still most comfortable shoe ever) I am looking at the Originals or the Major. Loved the wide toe box in the past. That being said which one and what size? I walk 90% of my rounds. Totally odd question but these are meant to wear socks with correct?

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

I have been reading reviews of both shoes. Sadly the Major does not seem to be in stock in many sizes( the grey one)I am leaning more towards the Originals anyway. I found my green pair of Senseis and tried them on. The 11.5 without a sock on seems about right. @iacas you seem to be a real aficionado on the Trues. Any feedback?

Waterproof is a must as it has rained on Long Island 19 out of 23 days. Coming off 2 plus years of spiked shoes are the Trues a good fit for me? 

Sorry for the repost but Monday is the day to order new shoes for the weekend. I am laboring a bit in my choice or size and if I should buy them. I have finally come to grips with the $150-$199 price point. 

I guess i am asking you all to help put me over the top in my choice. 

Thanks. Again sorry for the repost. 

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

• Administrator

Get the 12s if your Sensei are 11.5. Especially without socks.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

In Originals correct? Thanks @iacasI I I will be ordering tomorrow morning. It has been a few years since I wore Trues. 

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

• Administrator

I like the Originals slightly more. Wider toe box.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I actually ended up buying the Originals. Thank you @iacas for the help deciding on the shoe and size. I went with an 11.5 as per my conversation with customer service. Nice guy who answered. Hopefully they will arrive by Friday for weekend golf. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

I just ordered a pair of Originals.  I'm looking forward to going back to True shoes after a couple years "away" (due mostly to their past quality issues).

- John

My Originals were delivered. My question is and odd one. How do I know they fit right? I do not have wide feet at all. I has to pull the laces rather tight. Because of the large toe area I am questioning if I ordered the right size. I wear 10.5 in foot joy 11.5 in Puma and 12 in Nike. Sneakers are 12. Due to the minimal support style of this shoe has me wondering. Any thoughts on this?

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

• Administrator

How much room is there beyond your big toe?

Maybe a half an inch. Hard to tell the top of the shoe is hard 

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:

Maybe a half an inch. Hard to tell the top of the shoe is hard 

They probably fit then, or might be a bit over-sized.

It's a tough question to answer on the Internet, and also for an adult… Walk around your house with them and see if they rub around. My feet aren't particularly wide either, but they appreciate the room (especially in the toe box).

I knew it was an odd question to ask. No rubbing which is good. I guess my last question is, will they feel looser than or should i say should they feel looser than say a Footjoy?

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:

I knew it was an odd question to ask. No rubbing which is good. I guess my last question is, will they feel looser than or should i say should they feel looser than say a Footjoy?

Yeah, they're designed to let your feet work the way they evolved to work.

More here:

• Thumbs Up 1

First round done with the Originals.  Very comfortable and has surprisingly good traction. Kind of cool going from house to car to tee box without changing shoes. Time will tell with durability. Already have a bit of a shred on the top of the shoe from using my cart break. Hopefully it doesn’t get worse. Overall good fit and balance when swinging. 

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

Loving the Originals, plenty of room for the toes to move freely and absolutely zero heel slip. Also couldn't be happier with the comfort. My Eccos are gonna collect dust. These are the best golf shoes I have worn. 

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

• 1 month later...

Got my Majors. I really like the color scheme on the grey and I like the look better than the Originals. They're really comfortable, like an old pair of moccasins.

The only issue I have walking around the house is my right foot is slightly wider than my left. The left shoe is a perfect fit but the right is slightly snug. I didn't have this problem with the Originals due to the wider toe box. I'm hoping it will break in and soften after a while. Either that or I'm going to send them back for the Originals.

I really like the Majors, though. Decisions, decisions.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 1727 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!