IGNORED

Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

nevets88
Note: This thread is 1544 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Episode IX is in the can!

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I use to be a huge Star Wars fan, but since Episode 1, not so much.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

• nevets88 changed the title to Star Wars Episode IX: No Longer The Last Jedi

Yeah, now I just watch it for the Tie Fighter scenes and the atmosphere.

Other than that I lost track of whose sister's younger sister's friend in the future or past is visiting which Jedy to find dusts of the force behind some rock on an island.

Nave

• iacas changed the title to Star Wars Episode IX: Title TBD

This 5 minute synopsis of all the movies hit me right in the heart. Saving to watch it on the big tv.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Lightsaber duels are a thing in France.

• Like 1

Steve

3 hours ago, nevets88 said:

5 minute synopsis

Thank you for sharing. This makes me want to do a Star Wars binge-watching movie weekend.

I have done that with the Alien and Indiana Jones movies in the past.

For that purpose I even created a home cinema setup with a HD projector.

Nave

I missed this one from TLJ.

Steve

On 2/22/2019 at 6:54 PM, Nave said:

Yeah, now I just watch it for the Tie Fighter scenes and the atmosphere.

Other than that I lost track of whose sister's younger sister's friend in the future or past is visiting which Jedy to find dusts of the force behind some rock on an island.

There's no atmosphere in space! Sorry dad joke.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I gave in and watched both trailers, the tv show and the movie, seeing as it's going to be impossible not to be spoiled if browsing social media. The movie trailer didn't show much, I already saw the one image that was a big reveal. Will be subscribing to Disney+ just for the Star Wars tv show. Kind of sad the movie journey will be over this year.

Steve

• iacas changed the title to Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

Didn't watch Solo. Won't be seeing this in theater, and maybe not at all. The new ones don't feel like Star Wars to me.

• Upvote 1
  • :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

• 1 month later...
On 9/3/2019 at 11:24 AM, Bonvivant said:

Didn't watch Solo. Won't be seeing this in theater, and maybe not at all. The new ones don't feel like Star Wars to me.

Solo was okay, but to me it didn't stand out as extraordinary in any way or fashion. 

I'll go see this one in the theater, but I'm not going in expecting a masterpiece.  Just wrap it up and lets move on to something else in the SW universe,  like The Mandalorian.

Corey

5 hours ago, Warren Zevon said:

I'll go see this one in the theater, but I'm not going in expecting a masterpiece.  Just wrap it up...

Some movies you just have to see whether you want to or not.  This will be one of those for me.

Rogue One doesn't get a lot of love, but I really like that one. Have rewatched it a couple of times.

• Like 2

Steve

4 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Rogue One doesn't get a lot of love, but I really like that one. Have rewatched it a couple of times.

Rouge One is one of my favorites.

I grew up with Star Wars.  When I went to the first one, there were only 3 of us in the theater, my cousin, my sister and of course me.  It was one of the most amazing movies I have ever experienced. 

Now when I watch the trailers for then The Rise of Skywalker I admit I get pretty emotional.  They bring me back to that first one and watching it with my sister.  Cancer took her from us 19 years ago, thus the emotions.  How I wish I could watch this one with her.

So, I get the next best thing.  I am going to The Rise of Skywalker with my Sister's daughter and son, as well as with my kids.  We all are really looking forward to it. I know there will be tears, sorta Goofy how a movie franchise can do that but we, my sister and I talked non stop about Star Wars as kids.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

I hope to rewatch 7 and 8 in IMAX hopefully that’s available in the run up to 9. 

Steve

11 hours ago, nevets88 said:

K-2S0 is possibly my favorite droid in the SW universe. 

I wasn't sure if I'd like R1 due to the lack of Jedi, but I ended up really enjoying it.  I've spent a rainy afternoon or six watching this on cable.

Corey

On 11/2/2019 at 9:28 AM, nevets88 said:

Along with the Empire Strikes Back, this is my favorite SW movie.  I love the story lines on the Empire Strikes Back and Rogue One.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Note: This thread is 1544 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!