Jump to content
Cantankerish

My Swing (Cantankerish)

52 posts / 6227 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Cantankerish said:

Please let me know if I have achieved the correct angle (or anything else that is wrong).

What do you think?

01.jpg02.jpg

How about posting a video of you doing the driveway sticks drill from the video I gave you as a Christmas present last year? 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, iacas said:

What do you think?

 

How about posting a video of you doing the driveway sticks drill from the video I gave you as a Christmas present last year? 🙂

I think I wasted a little of your time and a lot of mine.  I can not get my body to bend over more.  I will have to try the stick and hope it teaches me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 minutes ago, Cantankerish said:

I can not get my body to bend over more.

Unless you have a physical limitation I can’t see how this is true. What you need to do is train yourself to do the movement differently.

Do you record yourself when practicing or do mirror work at home?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

12 minutes ago, Cantankerish said:

I can not get my body to bend over more.

I don't believe that's true. I mean, maybe, but highly, highly unlikely.

What you can't do right now is "bend over more while making a full-speed golf swing and hitting a ball."

So don't do that. Because you can't. You're practicing failure.

Practice success:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 6/6/2020 at 7:05 PM, billchao said:

Unless you have a physical limitation I can’t see how this is true. What you need to do is train yourself to do the movement differently.

Do you record yourself when practicing or do mirror work at home?

 I have never practiced in front of a mirror.  Do you do this?  Is it common (useful) practice?

My bigger question Is one of spacing.  After experimenting with trying to bend over more, I am stuck in an issue.  Not a physical one.  Does one accomplish more bent over by curling the back or by moving the feet further from the ball?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

@iacas can correct me if I'm wrong, but maybe you want bend more from the hips and not as much from the waist. If you can lower yourself butt-first in a low chair, you can do this.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

16 minutes ago, Cantankerish said:

I have never practiced in front of a mirror.  Do you do this?  Is it common (useful) practice?

Absolutely.

16 minutes ago, Cantankerish said:

My bigger question Is one of spacing.  After experimenting with trying to bend over more, I am stuck in an issue.  Not a physical one.  Does one accomplish more bent over by curling the back or by moving the feet further from the ball?

No, you're far enough from the ball.

Dude, just do the "driveway sticks" thing. Or Day 2. Film it. Post it here from FO and DL angles.

And let's be clear about something: it's not about bending forward at setup. It's about bending leftward more during the backswing, about staying in your "inclination" to the ground.

@Cantankerish, make today the day you commit to a positive, real change. Film your work in a mirror. CHANGE this picture:

On 6/6/2020 at 4:41 PM, iacas said:

01.jpg02.jpg

How about posting a video of you doing the driveway sticks drill from the video I gave you as a Christmas present last year? 🙂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

18 minutes ago, Cantankerish said:

I have never practiced in front of a mirror.  Do you do this?

Do bears shit in the woods? ;-)

18 minutes ago, Cantankerish said:

Is it common (useful) practice?

Feel ain't real. If you're working on a swing change you need to observe if your feels are producing results. Sometimes a feel for me will work for a while and then produce different results at a later time so I'll adjust.

20 minutes ago, Cantankerish said:

After experimenting with trying to bend over more

I haven't been following your swing, but why are you doing this? I thought your issue at the moment is a flat shoulder turn?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 minutes ago, billchao said:

I haven't been following your swing, but why are you doing this? I thought your issue at the moment is a flat shoulder turn?

He could just be saying it wrong, but yes, it's maintaining his inclination to the ball. His setup is decent, and then he turns very, very flat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I made some videos.

 

 

 

 


These are after practicing some with each.  I am struggling to get my torso to do these things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

17 minutes ago, Cantankerish said:

I am struggling to get my torso to do these things.

I'm not sure what that means. You did them. You did them at a very fast rate of speed (I'd do them much more slowly).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Is the form reasonably correct?

I felt that I had to lower my head to get my hands in the correct spot on the shoulder one, and that even then I am still not doing it right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Cantankerish said:

Is the form reasonably correct?

I felt that I had to lower my head to get my hands in the correct spot on the shoulder one, and that even then I am still not doing it right.

Your head doesn't go down much.

And, again, do it MUCH slower. And let your hands go above your nipples, man.

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

19 hours ago, Cantankerish said:

I made some videos.

 

 

 

 


These are after practicing some with each.  I am struggling to get my torso to do these things.

I do the stick drill as a warm up before each practice and round. I do both directions and do it a bit slower and hold the finish to stretch my torso. You did it fine, but try and slow it down with a three count during the turn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...