IGNORED

Who Will Win The Game Of Thrones?

iacas
Note: This thread is 1788 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Game of Thrones  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who will ultimately win the Game of Thrones?

• Euron Greyjoy
    • Jon Snow
    • Cersei Lannister
    • Jamie Lannister
    • Varys
    • The Night King
    • Arya Stark
    • Sansa Stark
    • Daenerys Targaryen
    • Tyrion Lannister
    • Someone Else or Nobody

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/14/2019 at 04:00 PM

Jon, Jamie, Cersei, The Mountain, Sandor, Tyrion, Arya, Euron dies.

Dany gets the throne and has Drogon, but is without friends and allies. The Red Keep is in large parts destroyed and burnt. Sansa controls the north and has no fondness for Dany, maybe even plotting to assassinate her because she believes Dany killed Jon (which she might do). Bittersweet ending.

Sadly, season 7 and 8 are rushed with lots of glaring errors and fast travel unlocked. Not having books to base it on and having too little time shows.

8qpqa7z84ow21.png

Edited by Zeph

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
4 hours ago, billchao said:

Why didn't Cersei just blast Dani and the Unsullied to smithereens with the ballistae on the fortifications? There's no way in hell they were out of range and we know those things have pinpoint accuracy 😜

I didn't have a problem with that because that's just a pre-war meeting. It's a chance to sign a peace agreement, a cease fire, etc. It's pretty heinous - a war crime - to attack during a peaceful gathering.

Killing a non-fighting person (and really, it's not like Missandei is a fighter) is close to that, too, though.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

If anyone, Cersei is not one I would put past just slaughtering them right there. She might have not wanted to because of Drogon. The Unsillied were useless outside of a wall, but a raging Drogon could pose a threat to her personally. She wouldn't mind anyone else dying, but not herself. 

And she probably knows D&D has written a big battle next episode involving Dany and Drogon, so it would be silly killing them there.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

1 hour ago, iacas said:

I didn't have a problem with that because that's just a pre-war meeting. It's a chance to sign a peace agreement, a cease fire, etc. It's pretty heinous - a war crime - to attack during a peaceful gathering.

Killing a non-fighting person (and really, it's not like Missandei is a fighter) is close to that, too, though.

It's GoT, and more specifically, it's Cersei: the woman who blew up the Great Sept of Baelor and everyone in it with wildfire. I doubt observing military decorum is on her mind.

46 minutes ago, Zeph said:

If anyone, Cersei is not one I would put past just slaughtering them right there. She might have not wanted to because of Drogon. The Unsillied were useless outside of a wall, but a raging Drogon could pose a threat to her personally. She wouldn't mind anyone else dying, but not herself.

Eh, Drogon was a sitting duck. He was literally sitting, and we all know it takes a bit of time to get himself airborne. I mean they sniped Raegal out of midair from a blind position on the ocean, they could have easily nailed a sitting dragon in plain sight on dry land.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, billchao said:

It's GoT, and more specifically, it's Cersei: the woman who blew up the Great Sept of Baelor and everyone in it with wildfire. I doubt observing military decorum is on her mind.

It was still a meeting wherein there was a chance of surrender/peace.

She gets them to surrender there, she has NO risk of losing. And, that's not Dany was standing there with the entire army.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

This show has fallen under its own weight. I'm not one those who are saying the last episode was its worst ever, but I was disappointed and befuddled. Two episodes remain and I'm not hopeful. It had a good run before it sped to the finish. Nonetheless, I will be right there, watching live, something I barely do any more and will probably rewatch some episodes. But the hype, the legacy of the books, the expectations and fickleness of the fandom was just too much and 8, 9 years of the work must have puckered out the showrunners.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

Think about how many shows have a good ending?

Breaking Bad and The Sopranos were good.

Seinfeld sucked. HIMYM sucked. West Wing sucked the final few seasons. Cheers? Meh.

Hundreds of other shows you don't even remember the ending - how did Friends end - didn't they all just end up getting married, and Joey moved to Pittsburgh and got into construction? 🙂

30 minutes ago, iacas said:

Think about how many shows have a good ending?

Breaking Bad and The Sopranos were good.

Seinfeld sucked. HIMYM sucked. West Wing sucked the final few seasons. Cheers? Meh.

Hundreds of other shows you don't even remember the ending - how did Friends end - didn't they all just end up getting married, and Joey moved to Pittsburgh and got into construction? 🙂

Yes, it's very hard to end a show, it just looked like GoT had more stacked against it.

BSG had a controversial ending as did Lost.

Six Feet Under, The Americans, Halt and Catch Fire, Black Sails, The Shield, The Leftovers, Mad Men, Friday Night Lights imho had good endings.

I liked the final West Wing season, with Alan Alda and Jimmy Smits. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

I liked the final West Wing season, with Alan Alda and Jimmy Smits. 

?????? Oooookay. 😛

@iacas What’s your take on the business end of this:

There are a lot of people who only subscribe(d) to HBO for GOT. Show takes a break and people cancel then resubscribe when the show returns. So why this ‘cram 6 episodes’ with what appears to be rushing the story? 

Why not make 30 minute episodes and draw it out to increase subscription periods? And I still haven’t been able to confirm if they’re doing 6 episodes and we’re done or are they stopping and doing another 6? Seems at this pace they won’t be doing another 6. Just wanted your opinion on this.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

This is supposedly it. 2 more to go. Although I believe there are rumors of a potential spinoff series. Possibly a prequel.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

There are a lot of people who only subscribe(d) to HBO for GOT. Show takes a break and people cancel then resubscribe when the show returns. So why this ‘cram 6 episodes’ with what appears to be rushing the story? 

Why not make 30 minute episodes and draw it out to increase subscription periods? And I still haven’t been able to confirm if they’re doing 6 episodes and we’re done or are they stopping and doing another 6? Seems at this pace they won’t be doing another 6. Just wanted your opinion on this.

I don't know much about it. I don't know how many people subscribe JUST for this show. I enjoy a number of other HBO shows.

And I'm pretty sure it's just these six episodes and then it's over. I don't have an opinion; it is what it is, no?

Just two episodes left and it's done. Those will be 80 minutes each. It's expensive episodes and I think they just want to be done with it now. Making shorter episodes to drag it out would not be popular. It's better doing it like this. 

GoT can still have a good ending for many, but the last two seasons hasn't done the show justice. Even if the ending is satisfying, how they got there might not be. I just hope they follow most of what GRRM would do with subplots and not deliver too much fan service.

Friends ended by Ross and Rachel getting back together. 

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Zeph said:

GoT can still have a good ending for many, but the last two seasons hasn't done the show justice. Even if the ending is satisfying, how they got there might not be. I just hope they follow most of what GRRM would do with subplots and not deliver too much fan service.

Remember what they've said about the ending and how it's gonna leave most fans. I don't think they were underselling/overdelivering. I think they were being honest.

10 hours ago, tehuti said:

This is supposedly it. 2 more to go. Although I believe there are rumors of a potential spinoff series. Possibly a prequel.

Yup, it's over. As for spin offs, I'll pass. I've had enough of Westeros.

5 hours ago, Zeph said:

GoT can still have a good ending for many, but the last two seasons hasn't done the show justice. Even if the ending is satisfying, how they got there might not be.

GoT is not going to have a "good" ending IMO. Didn't the showrunners describe it as bittersweet or something?

5 hours ago, Zeph said:

I just hope they follow most of what GRRM would do with subplots and not deliver too much fan service.

Unfortunately, too much of these past few seasons has been fan service. When the series ran out of source content to work with, it turned very Hollywood.

I'm bored, TBH. Glad theres only two episodes left so I can see it through the end, because if there was another season I might not watch it anymore.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Remember what they've said about the ending and how it's gonna leave most fans. I don't think they were underselling/overdelivering. I think they were being honest.

Has the producers said anything? All I know is GRRM's comment about it being bittersweet. I only started watching in season seven or something IIRC, so I've never been heavily invested in it. At this point I just hope for mayham, deaths and an ending that isn't happy.

19 minutes ago, billchao said:

Yup, it's over. As for spin offs, I'll pass. I've had enough of Westeros.

GoT is not going to have a "good" ending IMO. Didn't the showrunners describe it as bittersweet or something?

Unfortunately, too much of these past few seasons has been fan service. When the series ran out of source content to work with, it turned very Hollywood.

I'm bored, TBH. Glad theres only two episodes left so I can see it through the end, because if there was another season I might not watch it anymore.

Not "good" in the sense of what you find in LOTR and Marvel movies, but a satisfying one. A "good" ending would not be a satisfying one for me. I hope they avoid that, especially since they've said the show will largely end in the same way as the books intend to, but I'm a bit worried they might add some more fan service and end things well for some of the main characters.

I look forward to it ending and seeing what happens now. The actual events that transpire in the episodes hasn't been particularly interesting the last two seasons. Too much Hollywood and predictable outcomes. They of course try to throw some curveballs in there, but not successfully imo.

I kinda agree with Bill. I’ll just take it for what it is and go with it. Fan service definitely took over of late. But a great show overall for sure I think. A spin off? I don’t think I’d be interested in that at all.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

13 hours ago, tehuti said:

That's wrong. There will be 3 spinoff series. 😜 At least planned for now.

I always stay subscribed to HBO. It usually has something interesting on. And I have a backlog of catchup to do. Have yet to finish The Deuce, never started on Barry. This Chernobyl series looks good. Watched episode of 1 of Gentleman Jack and it's not bad. Plus The Pacific/Generation Kill/Band of Brothers rewatches although I get those automatically with Prime.

There's also Veep and High Maintenance. I just cannot keep up with the spigot of shows.

And My Brilliant Friend is my favorite of all current shows and that's on HBO.

Steve

Note: This thread is 1788 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!