IGNORED

Who Will Win The Game Of Thrones?

iacas
Note: This thread is 1790 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Game of Thrones  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who will ultimately win the Game of Thrones?

• Euron Greyjoy
    • Jon Snow
    • Cersei Lannister
    • Jamie Lannister
    • Varys
    • The Night King
    • Arya Stark
    • Sansa Stark
    • Daenerys Targaryen
    • Tyrion Lannister
    • Someone Else or Nobody

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/14/2019 at 04:00 PM

I'm not even sure what I think about that. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

I'm not even sure what I think about that. 

Yeah I don’t know whether to be satisfied or not.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

What a cheesy and silly last episode. Thought I was watching LOTR for a while there.

The last two seasons had too much classic fantasy and too little Game of Thrones. It was about dragons, undead, fighting, action scenes, heroes making it out despite overwhelmingly bad odds. And it was way too fast. I was hoping GoT would end in a somewhat unpredictable way, but this became just another good vs evil story where the good won and everybody is happy in the end. The only twist was one of the main characters turned into a villain in the end. GRRM's bittersweet ending must've been in reference to Dany, but it was too sweet, and that's how almost every movie of this kind ends.

I would have loved it if Dany ended up becoming the queen, a Stark or two dying and the show ending with the prospect of Dany and her armies continue to "liberate" Westeros.

Bran/3ER as king? What the hell...

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Meh.... So Winterfell was the big winner. Bran is King of 6, Arya lives and goes on to travel abroad, Sansa is Queen of the North, and Jon is going to be King Beyond the Wall (yes I know technically Jon is Aegon Targaryen , but he was raised in Winterfell and was still part Stark). There are better ways I would have liked to see the ending go, but at least it's over now.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

4 minutes ago, Jeremie Boop said:

Meh.... So Winterfell was the big winner. Bran is King of 6, Arya lives and goes on to travel abroad, Sansa is Queen of the North, and Jon is going to be King Beyond the Wall (yes I know technically Jon is Aegon Targaryen , but he was raised in Winterfell and was still part Stark). There are better ways I would have liked to see the ending go, but at least it's over now.

I kind of figured with the show starting with the Starks that it would always end with the Starks.  I was hoping for a more dramatic send off though.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 7.44.01 PM.png

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Last episode aired here last night. Despite never being a big fan i thought they ended it ok, certainly in a way to keep most happy by keeping the popular characters alive and all rulers/leaders in some way or another.

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

• Administrator
2 hours ago, RussUK said:

Last episode aired here last night. Despite never being a big fan i thought they ended it ok, certainly in a way to keep most happy by keeping the popular characters alive and all rulers/leaders in some way or another.

Most people, most fans, thought the ending sucked though. They’re not happy.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

11 hours ago, nevets88 said:

GRRM thoughts on finale.

He'll write it, we'll read it, and we can argue about it on the internet. Yea, ok. Let's start with step #1 and see where it goes 😜

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

21 hours ago, iacas said:

Most people, most fans, thought the ending sucked though. They’re not happy.

Yeah, saw on the entertainment news last night. I do think starting a petition to get the last episode redone is a little OTT. At the end of the day the only person(s) who has a say in how a show ends is the writer(s).

At least GOT fans can look forward to the prequel series. I'll stick to watching Chernobyl on Sky Atlantic.

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

4 hours ago, RussUK said:

Yeah, saw on the entertainment news last night. I do think starting a petition to get the last episode redone is a little OTT. At the end of the day the only person(s) who has a say in how a show ends is the writer(s).

Not entirely true if you want to keep writing for big shows. In the end, if people don't watch then the writer doesn't get a job.

I'll have to binge watch the series to have a good take on the show. People who are upset about a character going off the rails must not have remembered that the only decent person in Westeros was killed off in the first season.

I can understand the story feeling rushed because of how dense the story is in the books versus how short the last couples seasons has been to get this finished.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

12 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Not entirely true if you want to keep writing for big shows. In the end, if people don't watch then the writer doesn't get a job.

I'll have to binge watch the series to have a good take on the show. People who are upset about a character going off the rails must not have remembered that the only decent person in Westeros was killed off in the first season.

I can understand the story feeling rushed because of how dense the story is in the books versus how short the last couples seasons has been to get this finished.

The rushed thing is the only thing I actually agree on when it comes to complaints about the season. The logic behind most of what happened seemed pretty much sound*not all because honestly not everything that happens was logical to me*. It could have gone better, no doubt, but I saw this trend of petitions to change things start years ago when people didn't like how Mass Effect 3 ended. I completely understand not liking an ending and airing that displeasure, but petitions to go back and redo? Nah.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Imho the main problem is the showrunners are great adapters and technicians. They are not good writers.

They had to stall because George R.R. Martin didn’t get to the next book and when they knew they wouldn’t have the rest of the books to adapt, they got the big plot points from GRRM and reversed engineered and hit those plot points. This show started rushing things from like season 5 or 6.

Another thing is this show is big, production wise. It has to be one big logistical nightmare and wear you down after awhile I do not envy D&D. 

OTOH it has been a great boon for the local economies that served as backdrop, Croatia, Ireland, etc...

D&D did not have much of a resume before this show. Go look it up. It’s thin, so not much experience to draw on.

The last episode was a little better than the last 3 but it’s a low bar. There were some great moments but the writing did not improve much. I’ll rewatch it years from now and reassess, time will help with being more objective. 

Steve

48 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

That's not what it is about. It's about the way it was done, and how the show sped up in season 7.

If the ending was kept and they did it like suggested below, it would've been much better. I still wouldn't have liked the ending, Bran being king, Starks surviving etc., but it would've been a lot better than how it was done.

3wmy7oxaulz21.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

The WW I don't really care about. It started out as a cool part of the show, then became the classic evil faction that wants to end humankind with hardly any explanation about motivation. When WW did become this evil faction, I still think it was solved way too quickly and "easy".

The part of the story of defeating Cersei could also have been elaborated a lot more. The last season she did little more than stare out windows and look mean. The only contribution from her side was Euron, and he was the dumbest character in the entire show.

What I missed most of all was the last part of the image below. More about Daenerys as a ruler and conquerer. I loved the way Emilia Clarke portrayed her in the last two episodes, and I'm sorry her story was cut short there. She actually has some expressions and emotions. Most character sin the show got the smug GoT face in almost every scene.

I love Clarke's responses in a recent interview: 

TNY-EmiliaClarke-GoTEnds.jpg

Emilia Clarke on the final episode of “Game of Thrones,” meeting Beyoncé, and the sad fate of Daenerys Targaryen.

As I say, I always wanted to show that softer side of Daenerys—or more textured. There’s always a thousand reasons why anyone comes to any conclusion or says anything. We are the product of the experiences that we’ve had, and so with all of these moments when they’re kind of, like, “She’s just brutal, she’s cold,” I really tried to bring a kind of lightness.

I wanted to play a game with what the scene was about. It’s not that I wanted to show her as “mad,” because I really don’t like that word. I don’t enjoy fans calling me “the Mad Queen.” But she is so far gone in grief, in trauma, and in pain. And yet our brains are fascinating in the way that they find a fast route to feel O.K., whether you’re relying on a substance or you’re mildly deluded.

If you see abuse in someone young, they often are able to mentally leave the room. I wanted Daenerys to be there. I wanted to show her as we saw her in the beginning: young, naïve, childlike, open, and full of love and hope. I wanted so much for that to be the last memory of her.

She did a great job and achieved exactly that for me. Which makes me even more disappointed that we only got two episodes of it. She was turning into the most interesting character in the show.

Edited by Zeph

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

5 minutes ago, Zeph said:

That's not what it is about. It's about the way it was done, and how the show sped up in season 7.

If the ending was kept and they did it like suggested below, it would've been much better. I still wouldn't have liked the ending, Bran being king, Starks surviving etc., but it would've been a lot better than how it was done.

3wmy7oxaulz21.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

The fall of King's Landing was never going to take long as long as Dany had a dragon. Also, Dany should never have had a reign, her death right away by Jon was the right way to go imo. After what she did to King's Landing it was clear that she was not fit to rule anymore. Now, you could argue that they didn't do enough of a good job showing how/why she turned so quickly, but honestly it wasn't quick and it was very obvious why to me. That said, yes, they did move through the story too fast in the recent seasons. I wish they had spent more time developing the story about the end, but again that's basically the only real complaint I agree with.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

3 minutes ago, Jeremie Boop said:

The fall of King's Landing was never going to take long as long as Dany had a dragon. Also, Dany should never have had a reign, her death right away by Jon was the right way to go imo. After what she did to King's Landing it was clear that she was not fit to rule anymore. Now, you could argue that they didn't do enough of a good job showing how/why she turned so quickly, but honestly it wasn't quick and it was very obvious why to me. That said, yes, they did move through the story too fast in the recent seasons. I wish they had spent more time developing the story about the end, but again that's basically the only real complaint I agree with.

Not being fit to rule is exactly why it would've been great to see her rule. I was hoping this of all shows would not end with the "good" guys winning and killing the "bad" guys in the last episode. Alas, I was wrong.

Almost every story ends this way, but it's catered too much to the viewers. It doesn't do anything new, anything interesting. If we look at history, there are loads of examples of people unfit to rule ending up ruling. Why can't we get some shows like that? Cersei is a great character because she is mischevious and she did end up taking the power and ruling, despite being unfit.

Edited by Zeph

Note: This thread is 1790 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!