IGNORED

Who Will Win The Game Of Thrones?

iacas
Note: This thread is 1793 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Game of Thrones  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who will ultimately win the Game of Thrones?

• Euron Greyjoy
    • Jon Snow
    • Cersei Lannister
    • Jamie Lannister
    • Varys
    • The Night King
    • Arya Stark
    • Sansa Stark
    • Daenerys Targaryen
    • Tyrion Lannister
    • Someone Else or Nobody

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/14/2019 at 04:00 PM

1 minute ago, Zeph said:

Not being fit to rule is exactly why it would've been great to see her rule. I was hoping this of all shows would not end with the "good" guys winning and killing the "bad" guys in the last episode. Alas, I was wrong.

Almost every story ends this way, but it's catered too much to the viewers. It doesn't do anything new, anything interesting. If we look at history, there are loads of examples of people unfit to rule ending up ruling. Why can't we get some shows like that? Cersei is a great character because she is mischevious and she did end up taking the power and ruling, despite being unfit.

There was a difference between Cersei and Dany though. The dragon. It was explained very clearly by Tyrion. All the innocent bodies from Cersei and their father wouldn't even amount to the amount that Dany accumulated in just that one day of attacking King's Landing. It was also obvious that she would continue to follow that path as she "liberated" the rest of the world as evidenced by her speech. Actually, there were 2 differences. Cersei didn't have anyone close to her that was willing and able to execute her to stop her reign.

Now, I do agree that the "happy ending" solution does get quite tiresome. Especially in shows/movies like GoT where a not so traditional ending would actually make sense in the overall story. Heck, I wouldn't have been angry if Drogon stopped Jon from killing Dany and she went on to rule. I think that's where I'm a bit more unique when it comes to these things, I'm willing to accept any multitude of endings.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was thinking maybe Tyrion would die but thinking, GRRM, yeah, D&D, maybe not so much.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

584E69F6_95A6_472B_8C1D_6CBBC3816BE8.jpe

Game of Thrones’ political realism fell apart in season eight. Tyrion’s appeal for Bran was the fatal blow.

This article mostly sums up how I feel about everything.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

A lot of great GoT episodes, after finishing the watch, wow, that was good. I'm gonna watch that again (right after finishing). I haven't done that for awhile.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

23 minutes ago, Jeremie Boop said:

There was a difference between Cersei and Dany though. The dragon. It was explained very clearly by Tyrion. All the innocent bodies from Cersei and their father wouldn't even amount to the amount that Dany accumulated in just that one day of attacking King's Landing. It was also obvious that she would continue to follow that path as she "liberated" the rest of the world as evidenced by her speech. Actually, there were 2 differences. Cersei didn't have anyone close to her that was willing and able to execute her to stop her reign.

Now, I do agree that the "happy ending" solution does get quite tiresome. Especially in shows/movies like GoT where a not so traditional ending would actually make sense in the overall story. Heck, I wouldn't have been angry if Drogon stopped Jon from killing Dany and she went on to rule. I think that's where I'm a bit more unique when it comes to these things, I'm willing to accept any multitude of endings.

I don't think you are unique there. Especially on a show like GoT, where they established in the first season that the good guys would die just like the bad guys. Except those that needed to make it to the end of course, and was given lots of plot armor.

In LOTR, I think the good ending is fine. We all knew it would be a battle between good and evil, and that good would win in the end. The books does have a darker side in the end with the Scourging of The Shire, which GRRM has mentioned being particularly favorable of.

In GoT, you didn't know how it would end. The way things developed through the show, it was never clear who would survive and who wouldn't. Which makes me a bit disappointed when it ended by the Starks surviving, becoming Queen of The North, King of The Six Kingdoms, Arya an adventurer and Jon up north with his best friend and Ghost.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Lost GoT crossover.

Steve

• Administrator

So, in the documentary they aired tonight, they are doing the final read-through and they narrate the Dany/Jon Snow kiss/murder, and then they say "End of Game of Thrones."

This is about 0:15 in.

THAT would have been a much better ending - just end it there - than where they took it in the end.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 1793 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!