15 posts / 1284 viewsLast Reply

I found some used lefty EDEL wedges online but could use help with information.  Does anyone know what DTG and DTS on EDEL wedges represent

Also they are advertised as 0* bounce which cannot be true, Any help is appreciated.

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

2 minutes ago, leftygibby said:

I found some used lefty EDEL wedges online but could use help with information.  Does anyone know what DTG and DTS on EDEL wedges represent

I don't know.

Their models were… (in order):

• Sweeper
  • Picker
  • Nipper Wide
  • Nipper Narrow
  • Pincher
  • Trapper
  • Driver
  • Digger

I've seen "DVR" on "driver" grind wedges. I don't know what DTG or DTS mean.

3 minutes ago, leftygibby said:

Also they are advertised as 0* bounce which cannot be true, Any help is appreciated.

Advertise by whom? Edel wedges have quite a lot of bounce - my 60° wedge has 22° bounce.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks for the info, the 0* was on Global Golf site ( also 3ball golf) I emailed a question and whoever answered didn't know, I had only read that Edel had more bounce.  

11 hours ago, leftygibby said:

The grind is usually stamped on the hosel for Pincher, Trapper, Driver and Digger.

If they have stamps on the back, it may be the initials of the previous owner. Edel will custom stamp wedges.

wedge-edel-hero-1024x1024_medium.jpg?v=1

PINCHER GRIND   An EXTENDED C-SHAPED Grind with low to medium bounce; this grind is optimal for golfers with a shallow angle-of-attack that...

Thanks the stamp is on hosel, G must be for gap and S for sand  perhaps T is for trapper, 

I appreciate the help, think I'll take a chance they are used but decent price and +1" which matches my clubs, I'm 6'5".

4 minutes ago, leftygibby said:

Thanks the stamp is on hosel, G must be for gap and S for sand  perhaps T is for trapper, 

I appreciate the help, think I'll take a chance they are used but decent price and +1" which matches my clubs, I'm 6'5".

I bought mine used to. I do want to get fit at some point by a good Edel fitter, but he is in Erie and I am in Boston. Hopefully I will get out there this spring.

Can I get some info on Edel wedge fittings. Has it been proven to improve your short game? I see Edel comes up a bit on this site. Almost as much a True shoes. 

11 hours ago, jmanbooyaa said:

Can I get some info on Edel wedge fittings. Has it been proven to improve your short game? I see Edel comes up a bit on this site. Almost as much a True shoes. 

Find the best custom fit putters, wedges, variable length and single length irons at EdelGolf.com. Edel Golf is dedicated to improving your game.

Looks like there are fitters on Long Island.

Find your nearest Certified Edel Fitter to learn more about our fitting process and schedule your fitting. A great process that is sure to improve your game.

Has anyone ever had an edel wedge fitting that could give some feedback? 

What makes an Edel wedge fitting different from any other company? 

1 minute ago, jmanbooyaa said:

What makes an Edel wedge fitting different from any other company? 

High variety of grinds, loft, and other custom options with a good fitting process.

I have never had a wedge fitting. Sounds very in depth. I look forward to hearing more about it. I always read good things about Edel putter fittings never really thought too much about their wedges  

32 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:

What makes an Edel wedge fitting different from any other company

There's information about the fitting process in that thread.

Maybe one day in the future someone will sell Edel in Norway, but I won't hold my breath. Oh well. 

I'd certainly consider them if you got the option.