Paul Azinger  

40 members have voted

1. 1. How is Paul Azinger doing as the lead color commentator for NBC?

• 1 Star - Abominably Atrocious
    • 2 Stars
    • 3 Stars
    • 4 Stars
    • 5 Stars - Absolutely Awesome

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/2020 at 04:59 AM

I think he was trying to do his version of Miller by ‘calling it as he sees it’ but just doesn’t have it. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 4 weeks later...

Azinger said, ‘ Lately BD has been unfairly a punching bag on this slow play discussion.’ WTF? Come on Azinger....don’t start that pansy nonsense. He deserved every bit of the criticism he got and practically dared people to challenge him on it. 

Two thumbs down for Putz Azinger.

I heard him say something so stupid last weekend and I can't remember what it was.  I wanted to post it here.  The funny thing is that I really liked him as a player.  Then, when he got cancer, I was really rooting for him to get well and not lose his arm.  He went through a lot.  I hope he goes on the Senior Tour when his time comes.  But his commentary is from hunger.

16 hours ago, Herkimer said:

I heard him say something so stupid last weekend and I can't remember what it was.  I wanted to post it here.  The funny thing is that I really liked him as a player.  Then, when he got cancer, I was really rooting for him to get well and not lose his arm.  He went through a lot.  I hope he goes on the Senior Tour when his time comes.  But his commentary is from hunger.

Paul is 59. I believe his time has come and gone.

He seems so out of place in this "Vanity" piece they are doing before the Tournament with the rest of the guys, and all he seems to be able to talk about is the money. 

• 4 months later...

I think Paul has a very tough act to follow, I loved listening to Johnny Miller. Miller made the game interesting to listen to and I always enjoyed his insightful commentary.

My impression of Paul is that he is trying too hard and talks too much, often stating the obvious over and over again.

1 minute ago, Bucki1968 said:

Johnny Miller was my favorite but I think Azinger is doing okay. I think they could do better...I wouldn't mind seeing Chamblee or Nobilo

nobilo.jpg?w=640

Continuing an extensive announce team overhaul, CBS Sports announced the hiring of Frank Nobilo and Trevor Immelman to full-time roles on Tuesday, while Michelle Wie joins as a Masters digital team…

• Informative 1

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
18 minutes ago, Mike williams said:

Am I opinion Paul Azinger is the worst golf commentator in history

You are not alone!

23 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

You are not alone!

Azinger just said ‘ oh...well he pulled that one..’ as the ball sticks tight to the pin about 8-10’.

• Funny 2

2 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Azinger just said ‘ oh...well he pulled that one..’ as the ball sticks tight to the pin about 8-10’.

He must be super good to call it an arrant shot!

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Nonzinger said:

Azinger is terrible ! Triple bogey...

I'm not a fan, but he's not bad enough that I'd link my entire online identity to Zinger's suckiness.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2