Sign in to follow this  
MyLeftStrokeJustWentViral

My Swing (MyLeftStrokeJustWentViral)

5 posts / 808 viewsLast Reply

I've been Playing Golf for: 20 years. Been getting more serious about improving in the last 2-3 years.
My current handicap index or average score is: 12
My typical ball flight is: Fade
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Push fade
I used to hit a bad hook that would get really snappy. My short game and putting has always been decent and I feel my full swing, tee and approach shots are the key to improving my score. I really appreciated the findings in LSW as they validated my feelings about what was holding me back.
I’ve been working on my swing over the past few years, taking video and using mirrors to check positions. I mostly practice due to lack of time for playing. Average 9 holes a week, maybe played 6 or 7 full rounds in 18. The hook is gone and my playing partners have noticed that I’m hitting it straighter. Now I’m going the other way and hit a few damaging push fades a round.
Also, I did a few months of evolvr at the end of 17, but couldn't commit to it when the 18 season started. I'm considering starting up again to accelerate improvement.

Videos: 
20190227 Driver DL
20190227 Driver FO

20190227 7I DL

20190227 7I FO

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You've gotta get your arms doing more in the golf swing. Your right arm just stays pinned to your chest. Your sequencing is WAY off because your lower body is well into the follow-through before your arms have gotten down to the ball.

01.jpg

On 2/27/2019 at 7:28 PM, iacas said:

You've gotta get your arms doing more in the golf swing. Your right arm just stays pinned to your chest. Your sequencing is WAY off because your lower body is well into the follow-through before your arms have gotten down to the ball.

01.jpg

I did some research on possible causes for being out of sequence. One reason might be that I'm overrunning with my arms in the backswing. I looked up a couple ideas on how to limit the overswinging, and get the arms more active. One thought that I liked was "stop the backswing when the lead arm is parallel to the ground". Even with that thought, I'm still ending my backswing way past that, but I think it's better to at least be thinking shorter.

Another thing that I'm starting on to get my arms more active is throwing balls down the target line with my trail arm. Then I practice that motion without a ball, then with the club, then club with ball present.