IGNORED

I Can't Stand Paul Azinger

Daryl

I think he's overrated as well. Seems the majority of his comments are focused on choking, on "hearing footsteps", as if viewers were unaware of it. His latest revelation that pro golfers choke for two reasons, money and prestige, is simplistic and insulting. They're not robots, they have individual lives and issues and limitations. With the Players upcoming and the famous 17th hole, we'll sure to be bombarded with the same shallow commentary over and over and over.... He couldn't carry Millers jock, on the course on in the booth.

• 1 year later...

Azinger uses a foreign language when he announces. Some of his words do not make any sense and trying to be cute with adages that aren’t appropriate proves he’s just plain bad.  One of his quips “he has to legislate this putt”. What the hell does that mean? “Sustain what he has found”. I find him annoying.  Just today he said there were some birdie holes coming up that weren’t “gimme” and not easy pars.  What?  I turn it off when I hear him announce.  Does he pay the network to work?  In my business he would be put on a performance plan.  Get rid of him.  

58 minutes ago, Blindpig said:

Azinger uses a foreign language when he announces. Some of his words do not make any sense and trying to be cute with adages that aren’t appropriate proves he’s just plain bad.  One of his quips “he has to legislate this putt”. What the hell does that mean? “Sustain what he has found”. I find him annoying.  Just today he said there were some birdie holes coming up that weren’t “gimme” and not easy pars.  What?  I turn it off when I hear him announce.  Does he pay the network to work?  In my business he would be put on a performance plan.  Get rid of him.  

Azinger reminds me of the stain in this commercial.

• Funny 2

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

PA does seem to rub people the wrong way, but for the most part, I think he is decent. To me, the 'fawning' JN does over certain people really can nauseate me.

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

OT...but David Feherty has GOT to do something about that hideous denture clicking .....

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

On 3/1/2019 at 2:52 PM, Daryl said:

Wanted to see if anyone feels the same way I do.  I think Azinger lacks charisma and has a nasally, annoying voice.  His fundamental tone is one of sarcasm that isn't redeemed by any wit or original insight into the game.

He grates on me to the point where I will being passing on some NBC telecasts this year.  I hate to mute the programs, because I really like rest of the NBC team. 

Here's my list of who should have replaced Miller as lead color analyst:

Peter Jacobson

Roger Maltbie

Notah Begah

David Feherty

I AGREE HIS PERSONALITY IS DULL, HIS RECORD GREAT, BUT I NEED A COMPLETE PLAY BY PLAY ANNOUCER

Just now, GOLFER 77 said:

BUT I NEED A COMPLETE PLAY BY PLAY ANNOUCER

I'm not a big fan of Azinger either, but his job is not to be the play by play announcer. He's a color commentator (the guy who just adds stuff in from time to time). Guys like Nantz and Tirico are the play by play announcers.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator
On 4/5/2021 at 3:45 AM, Herkimer said:

I wonder what the players think of Zinger's commentaries?  

Sure, but it doesn't matter. They're not the audience.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 4/6/2021 at 6:27 PM, iacas said:

Sure, but it doesn't matter. They're not the audience.

They most certainly are part of the audience. You think they don't know what he's saying?

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Herkimer said:

They most certainly are part of the audience.

Sorry, no, they aren't. Even when the coverage is on, it's typically on mute or you can't hear it. And even if they all watched it, every round, they're such a tiny % of the audience it's negligible. Ergo, "they are not the audience."

15 minutes ago, Herkimer said:

You think they don't know what he's saying?

Oh, they know. They're just not really the audience.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

"Yes they are the audience."

"No, they aren't the audience."

"Yes they are the audience."

That wasn't what I asked and your answer is irrelevant.

I asked what the pros thought about his commentary. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Herkimer said:

It still doesn't matter, because they're not his audience.

5 hours ago, Herkimer said:

Right. Irrelevant.🙂

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• 2 months later...

I've taken to watching the Golf Channel on mute : the commentators seem to be so busy filling

air time that they are often TALKING THROUGH THE SHOT or rambling on about how

much they know about so and so ad nauseam.

My vote for worst commentating goes to Paul Azinger : nasal, twangy, monotone and know-it-all!

Lastly, we all know that the club they are swinging is a GOLF club, the swing is a GOLF swing, the ball is a

GOLF ball and the course is a GOLF course.

Sincerely,

Noel Alden.

49 minutes ago, noellen1990b said:

nasal, twangy, monotone

I have no problem with these. The rest of what you said are valid points though. 

Did I miss this thread the first time around? I can't stand him either. Mostly I think it's his face, his hair, and his clothes. 

Colin P.