IGNORED

2019 Players Championship

iacas
Note: This thread is 1863 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

32 minutes ago, colin007 said:

B) Tiger and the par 5s this week. I just can't.

His putting is just awful. 

Better fix that by Augusta. If you can’t take advantage of the par-5s there and if he putts like this, he’ll be back in Florida for the weekend. Tough part is this is his last stroke play event before the Masters.

Edited by ChrisP

Yet another example of backstopping this time with Tiger and Kevin Na on the 10th hole...

Edited by klineka

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Now that I’m turning on the tv for the day, I’m noticing that they’ve got less tournament broadcast coverage than yesterday. Yesterday was 6 hours on the golf channel; today none (I’m not counting the “live from” since that’s more commentary and interviews). They’ve got 4 hours scheduled on NBC starting a little later.  In the meantime, I can watch Wales vs Ireland rugby. :-\

I’m guessing they want people to subscribe to watch online by subscription. I’d  do that, but that’s live only (right?)—I want to be able to dvr it, to rewind, pause, take a break for an hour then get caught up. So, no thanks.

So instead, I’m not watching either golf channel or NBC.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

23 minutes ago, Missouri Swede said:

They’ve got 4 hours scheduled on NBC starting a little later.

Or a little less. First we’re going to catch up on basketball, hockey, whatever.  This is one reason I don’t watch live.

Craig

2 hours ago, ChrisP said:

Better fix that by Augusta. If you can’t take advantage of the par-5s there and if he putts like this, he’ll be back in Florida for the weekend. Tough part is this is his last stroke play event before the Masters.

I just don't understand...it's shocking really. Running birdie putts 5 feet past, lagging putts to 5 feet, unacceptable.

Colin P.

53 minutes ago, colin007 said:

I just don't understand...it's shocking really. Running birdie putts 5 feet past, lagging putts to 5 feet, unacceptable.

Well, I just turned it on and I see him make a good putt for birdie on 16, then he birdies 17 with no problem.  Looks fine to me. (Channeling an auto mechanic: “I don’t hear any noise, and we can’t reproduce what you say is happening in your car. Looks like it’s fine to us.”)

Craig

46 minutes ago, Missouri Swede said:

Well, I just turned it on and I see him make a good putt for birdie on 16, then he birdies 17 with no problem.  Looks fine to me. (Channeling an auto mechanic: “I don’t hear any noise, and we can’t reproduce what you say is happening in your car. Looks like it’s fine to us.”)

Yeah it's stuff like his second and third holes that seem to be the typical garbage he's been dealing with recently

Colin P.

16 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Yeah it's stuff like his second and third holes that seem to be the typical garbage he's been dealing with recently

Yep. And of course that mess at 17 yesterday. Otherwise he’d be just fine. It’s like seeing a real nice Mercedes with one donut spare tire...

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Jim Furyk, of all players, should not lay up on a drivable par-4.  It isn't even his short game, it's how great his driver is.

Especially after an iron shot like that. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Wait a second. If face square, path LEFT of face should result in ball curving right, no? Azinger said right which would result in a draw? No mention of target line. That shot if you asked me, face open to target, open to path, or same as path.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

DJ is technically on in regulation on that par-5... 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Feherty with this gem:  "Tommy Fleetwood looks like a homeless man just robbed a Nike store. "

• Like 3

-- Michael | My swing! 

2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Wait a second. If face square, path LEFT of face should result in ball curving right, no? Azinger said right which would result in a draw? No mention of target line. That shot if you asked me, face open to target, open to path, or same as path.

Face same as path would be a much straighter shot than that, unless the wind made it drift like that, no? Looked to me like he was setting up for a fade but maybe had the face open more than he wanted. 

Colin P.

Should be interesting tomorrow and if they get the full round in. Supposed to be windy, rainy and temps in the mid-50s. Quarter-to-half inch of rain expected. After what started off to be a "Who are these guys" championship, it's turned into a pretty star-studded leaderboard.

Edited by ChrisP

• Administrator

Why is Fleetwood in the last group out? Rory finished before he did with the same score. FILO - first in, last out.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I always wondered the tiebreaker on pairings if they’re in the same group. Is it the first one to hole out on 18 (which was McIlroy) or do they go back to the day before and go by first one to finish (which was Fleetwood). Guess it’s the latter.

Edited by ChrisP

• Administrator
1 minute ago, ChrisP said:

I always wondered the tiebreaker on pairings if they’re in the same group. Is it the first one to hole out on 18 (which was McIlroy) or do they go back to the day before and go by first one to finish (which was Fleetwood). Guess it’s the latter.

I swear I've seen it where it's literally the first in on the last hole that day. Which was Rory. That's why I asked.

Plus Rory shot the better score the second round, and the groupings then were just random, so Rory's had the better of the last two rounds.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

I swear I've seen it where it's literally the first in on the last hole that day. Which was Rory. That's why I asked.

Plus Rory shot the better score the second round, and the groupings then were just random, so Rory's had the better of the last two rounds.

But Fleetwood was first in Friday. Don’t think they go by scores, just first in. I’m with you, though. I thought it was first one to hole out. Maybe it was part of the rule changes this past year, I dunno.

Note: This thread is 1863 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!