IGNORED

2019 Players Championship

iacas
Note: This thread is 1858 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

11 hours ago, HJJ003 said:

Caddies typically only make 3500-5000K a tourney for their "salary". In some cases the tour pro will pay that and cover travel/lodging expenses (usually more established pros and their caddies). The rest of their income comes from a percentage of the players earnings that week if they make the cut. Typically, that is 5% for making the cut, 7% for a top 10 finish, and the usual 10% for a win. 

5000K or $5000?  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 hours ago, boogielicious said:

In Basque: Rahm bezalakoa da Rahm.

825CB5FF-34A2-4170-BAC2-02AE5C795154.thumb.gif.4066503c5a39d48d28f3be704118396b.gif

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

22 hours ago, gjunkie57 said:

I am sure the caddies are on salary so it would not affect the caddies pay but on the last day every stroke is worth 6 figures. Rahm should have listened to his caddie.  

The lobster commercial just makes me hungry. I dont even know what the commercial is for, I just want lobster and butter😊

That's the thing! The guy's second choice, behind lobster with drawn butter is a burger?! What kind of a troglodyte is he?! 

12 hours ago, HJJ003 said:

Caddies typically only make 3500-5000K a tourney for their "salary". In some cases the tour pro will pay that and cover travel/lodging expenses (usually more established pros and their caddies). The rest of their income comes from a percentage of the players earnings that week if they make the cut. Typically, that is 5% for making the cut, 7% for a top 10 finish, and the usual 10% for a win. 

If you figure a Top 5 Vs. a Top 12 finish then the caddie lost out on abut $20K (considering the average 5% and 7% payouts)

Oh gee, caddies ONLY make $3500 to $5000 a tourney for salary? Hell! I'd be a sack dragger for that! 

10 hours ago, DeadMan said:

I really don't understand what Rahm thought he was doing on that shot. Looking at it from above makes it look worse:

hook-1024x1024-1.jpg

Jon Rahm made a terrible mistake at the 2019 Players Championship. A new look at the costly shot, and what he can learn for next time.

He also was concerned about the lie for laying up. So why did he think he could pull off a 20+ yard hook shot from 220 from the same lie? I really don't get it.

That's why I said it was a bonehead play! I have no idea what Rahm was thinking. I also love video clips where the "background" music drowns out the commentary! Couldn't hear anything the guy said. 

I don't blame you DeadMan. it's whoever produced the video.  

10 hours ago, Groucho Valentine said:

I turned on the tournament right before Rahm hit that shot and was baffled by the decision. Its like something somebody who's been playing the game for a week would do. That wasnt an impossible shot in a way that had a tiny sliver of success and heroism involved - it was just straight up impossible. I dont know if it ever comes up on TV or not, but i remember from playing the course that theres a little stream behind that green. So even if Rahm did somehow hit it, the overspin on the ball might have taken it into the drink over the back...

I was watching the telecast, and witnessed the entire conversation. Rahm said he didn't feel comfortable hitting to a layup area that was right there! Yet, he seemed to be comfortable trying an impossible shot! This led to THE MOST COLOSSAL, GIGANTIC, UNSCIENTIFIC, INORGANIC, LESS THAN ADEQUATE, ILLOGICAL, CONTRARY TO EVIDENCE, TOTALLY HOSED UP THINKING IN THE HISTORY OF PROFESSIONAL GOLF!!!!

Edited by Buckeyebowman

2 hours ago, Shindig said:

5000K or $5000?  

Yeah typo on my part....sometimes I don't wrote so wheel.....

1 hour ago, Buckeyebowman said:

Oh gee, caddies ONLY make $3500 to $5000 a tourney for salary?

If their player is good, or is well established then it sounds good, but if they are looping for a guy struggling to keep his tour card then they are covering their expenses out of their "salary", and are making a small amount on the other side. 

But yeah the the guys caddying for the world top 50 aren't worried about much. 

Edited by HJJ003

8 hours ago, Buckeyebowman said:

That's the thing! The guy's second choice, behind lobster with drawn butter is a burger?! What kind of a troglodyte is he?! 

Oh gee, caddies ONLY make $3500 to $5000 a tourney for salary? Hell! I'd be a sack dragger for that! 

That's why I said it was a bonehead play! I have no idea what Rahm was thinking. I also love video clips where the "background" music drowns out the commentary! Couldn't hear anything the guy said. 

I don't blame you DeadMan. it's whoever produced the video.  

I was watching the telecast, and witnessed the entire conversation. Rahm said he didn't feel comfortable hitting to a layup area that was right there! Yet, he seemed to be comfortable trying an impossible shot! This led to THE MOST COLOSSAL, GIGANTIC, UNSCIENTIFIC, INORGANIC, LESS THAN ADEQUATE, ILLOGICAL, CONTRARY TO EVIDENCE, TOTALLY HOSED UP THINKING IN THE HISTORY OF PROFESSIONAL GOLF!!!!

Nah, definitely organic. The golf ball that hooked in the water certainly contained carbon molecules. Splash!!!!:-P

7 hours ago, colin007 said:

I personally would rather eat a burger than lobster, but that's just me

Cheap date!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

58 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Cheap date!

And I put out! Lol

I actually got in a huge fight with my outlaws about saying that I'd rather have 1 really good chicken wing than a whole lobster....

• Thumbs Up 1

Colin P.

10 hours ago, Buckeyebowman said:

THE MOST COLOSSAL, GIGANTIC, UNSCIENTIFIC, INORGANIC, LESS THAN ADEQUATE, ILLOGICAL, CONTRARY TO EVIDENCE, TOTALLY HOSED UP THINKING IN THE HISTORY OF PROFESSIONAL GOLF!!!!

Tell us how you really feel...This is your Tin Cup?

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

13 hours ago, Buckeyebowman said:

This led to THE MOST COLOSSAL, GIGANTIC, UNSCIENTIFIC, INORGANIC, LESS THAN ADEQUATE, ILLOGICAL, CONTRARY TO EVIDENCE, TOTALLY HOSED UP THINKING IN THE HISTORY OF PROFESSIONAL GOLF!!!!

You apparently have never seen the finish at the 1999 Open Championship

Players play, tough players win!

14 hours ago, Buckeyebowman said:

Rahm said he didn't feel comfortable hitting to a layup area that was right there! Yet, he seemed to be comfortable trying an impossible shot!

Rahm payed to see. As spectators of a TV show I´m glad he did, but for his best interest he did the worst shot-call ever.
He watched to many Phil and Bubba shots turning the ball 50 yards from a tight lie.   

I thought it was kinda funny when Rham said afterwards, ‘ if I hit that shot 10 times I’d find land 9 times.’

Caddie should say, ‘ and if you hit the lay up, confident or not, you’d hit land 10/10.’

• Thumbs Up 2

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

17 hours ago, Buckeyebowman said:

TI have no idea what Rahm was thinking. I also love video clips where the "background" music drowns out the commentary! Couldn't hear anything the guy said. 

Actually, at first I thought the same thing, but it turns out there was another video on that page that auto-played along with the main video.  There wasn't any background music in the main video.

3 hours ago, Vinsk said:

I thought it was kinda funny when Rham said afterwards, ‘ if I hit that shot 10 times I’d find land 9 times.’

Caddie should say, ‘ and if you hit the lay up, confident or not, you’d hit land 10/10.’

Would have loved to hear a reporter follow up and say “Here’s 10 balls. We’ll all go out to 11 right now with you.”

27 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

Would have loved to hear a reporter follow up and say “Here’s 10 balls. We’ll all go out to 11 right now with you.”

The bottom of the hazard it´s also land! We missunderstood him.

I think Rham could hit the bunker or green 1 out of 6..7 shots.

5 hours ago, golfnz34me said:

Actually, at first I thought the same thing, but it turns out there was another video on that page that auto-played along with the main video.  There wasn't any background music in the main video.

Interesting. I guess I've just gotten used to the modern paradigm where every bit of dialogue must be "bedded" in music of some kind. Many times it seems like they don't get the levels right. I actually dug out the user's manual for my TV to see if there was some sound setting that I had wrong! 

Speaking of sound, many times I've been watching a golf telecast and the background noise sounds like a frat party! It makes me wonder where they place their microphones, and why they are "hot" at that moment! 

It's not going over the green!

Oh... okay... 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Note: This thread is 1858 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!