iacas

2019 Players Championship

197 posts / 6004 viewsLast Reply

On 3/7/2019 at 10:58 AM, nevets88 said:

Took me a second to try and recall the now replaced tune, it's from The Man from Snowy River. Below is the theme in the broadcast and the original version from the movie.

The new piece, I hear a little influence from Hans Zimmer, he of the mega brass section and also from L'Orchestra Cinématique, whose music is used by movie trailers and combines classical music with percussion/drum machines. I wonder if they didn't want to continue paying for the rights to the Snowy River score or just wanted something new or both.

I like the Snowy theme, I would have tried rearranging that to sound more current. If you look at Man Made Music's site, they rearranged old classics, like the NFL theme and HBO's theme to sound more contemporary. I tried rearranging the Snowy River theme in my head to sound more like today's scores, and less like a 70s kind of elevator music evoking oh we're frolicking in the fields - I think I can be done.

15 hours ago, nevets88 said:

The new theme is growing on me, but call me traditionalist, I like the old one. 

"Yeah, but ..."  I never understood the connection between Australia and the Players Championship. (I'm assuming there isn't one.)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

On 3/11/2019 at 1:27 PM, Vinsk said:

I wonder if while they were composing this music anybody asked, ‘You guys do know this is for a golf tournament right?’

Yeah - unimpressed. I’d have gone with Enter Sandman, Living on a Prayer, something...

2 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

Yeah - unimpressed. I’d have gone with Enter Sandman, Living on a Prayer, something...

I honestly can't think of an inappropriate time to play Enter Sandman. It works in all situations.

38 minutes ago, colin007 said:

I honestly can't think of an inappropriate time to play Enter Sandman. It works in all situations.

A funeral?

10 hours ago, iacas said:

A funeral?

It's an awesome song. I say blast it. 😎

Here's the theme again, we're only going to hear it 9,392 times this weekend. Enjoy-ya!

Working from home today so I can watch.  Went to the range with a co-worker this morning, just got back, Tiger tees off on #1 ... and why can't I get a bounce like that when I hook my drives?  ;-) 

Interesting explanation for the 2 stroke penalty for Harold Varner. 

Sounds like he would have been ok if the club had been assembled before it was brought out to him. 

Ryan Moore's tee shot on #17 hit the flagstick hard and went right in.  And people will still say keeping the flagstick in when putting is a bad idea because it might keep it out.  I'm not great at putting speed, but I'm sure my putting ball is going slower than one does coming off one of Moore's iron shots.

Weekend weather looking very yucky. Hope they get this course while it’s gettable because this weekend definitely won’t be gettable. Looks like a British Open forecast. Cool, wet and some wind.

And then drives it right. Waaay right. Damn it Tiger ...hit the damn driver straight. 

I’m afraid for his drive on 18. That’s a scary drive when you don’t know what way it’s gonna go off the tee. He’d be best off takikg an iron there and hitting a low bullet.