IGNORED

2019 Players Championship

iacas
Note: This thread is 1857 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 3/7/2019 at 10:58 AM, nevets88 said:

Took me a second to try and recall the now replaced tune, it's from The Man from Snowy River. Below is the theme in the broadcast and the original version from the movie.

The new piece, I hear a little influence from Hans Zimmer, he of the mega brass section and also from L'Orchestra Cinématique, whose music is used by movie trailers and combines classical music with percussion/drum machines. I wonder if they didn't want to continue paying for the rights to the Snowy River score or just wanted something new or both.

I like the Snowy theme, I would have tried rearranging that to sound more current. If you look at Man Made Music's site, they rearranged old classics, like the NFL theme and HBO's theme to sound more contemporary. I tried rearranging the Snowy River theme in my head to sound more like today's scores, and less like a 70s kind of elevator music evoking oh we're frolicking in the fields - I think I can be done.

15 hours ago, nevets88 said:

The new theme is growing on me, but call me traditionalist, I like the old one. 

"Yeah, but ..."  I never understood the connection between Australia and the Players Championship. (I'm assuming there isn't one.)

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Neck looks okay to go.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

On 3/11/2019 at 1:27 PM, Vinsk said:

I wonder if while they were composing this music anybody asked, ‘You guys do know this is for a golf tournament right?’

Yeah - unimpressed. I’d have gone with Enter Sandman, Living on a Prayer, something...

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

2 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

Yeah - unimpressed. I’d have gone with Enter Sandman, Living on a Prayer, something...

I honestly can't think of an inappropriate time to play Enter Sandman. It works in all situations.

• Upvote 1

Colin P.

• Administrator
38 minutes ago, colin007 said:

I honestly can't think of an inappropriate time to play Enter Sandman. It works in all situations.

A funeral?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

12 hours ago, iacas said:

A funeral?

blast it. 

• Like 1

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

Tiger going -4 today. @colin007 let’s make it happen!

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Here's the theme again, we're only going to hear it 9,392 times this weekend. Enjoy-ya!

Steve

Working from home today so I can watch.  Went to the range with a co-worker this morning, just got back, Tiger tees off on #1 ... and why can't I get a bounce like that when I hook my drives?  ;-) 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Interesting explanation for the 2 stroke penalty for Harold Varner. 

Sounds like he would have been ok if the club had been assembled before it was brought out to him. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Ryan Moore's tee shot on #17 hit the flagstick hard and went right in.  And people will still say keeping the flagstick in when putting is a bad idea because it might keep it out.  I'm not great at putting speed, but I'm sure my putting ball is going slower than one does coming off one of Moore's iron shots.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Weekend weather looking very yucky. Hope they get this course while it’s gettable because this weekend definitely won’t be gettable. Looks like a British Open forecast. Cool, wet and some wind.

Tiger just made back-to-back birdies (12, 13).  :-)  

-- Michael | My swing! 

And then drives it right. Waaay right. Damn it Tiger ...hit the damn driver straight. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I’m afraid for his drive on 18. That’s a scary drive when you don’t know what way it’s gonna go off the tee. He’d be best off takikg an iron there and hitting a low bullet.

Note: This thread is 1857 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!