IGNORED

How Often Do You Get New Clubs?

On 3/17/2019 at 9:42 PM, Cantankerish said:

Ladders, have you been fitted?  If so, how do you manage to get the correct club for your swing buying the way you do.

I'm just an old duffer and remember a time when a golfer would just consult friends, study the articles (now it would be Internet research) and have a trusted club pro or two give advice. @ladders11 HCP would indicate his method works for him, although I suppose there's always room for improvement by a fitting. There certainly might be in my case, but I simply like the shafts, feel, distance and ball flight of my old clubs. Best, -Marv

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just bought a set of Cobra one-lengths. 24 degree Hybrid, 6-GW + a SW. I hit my 7 iron well and driver okay. I figure that if I can play every club like a 7 iron it might help. The bone spurs in my shoulder don't tolerate long practice sessions. Plus that short 24 degree hybrid might help with the bump and run chips. I hit them well on the Foresight. They'll be here in about 10 days. I'll let you know.

For a few years I was playing with mizuno mx-17 irons. For no reason other than I just wanted to try something different, I swapped them out for a set of cobra fp irons, I actually purchased the cobra irons new on sale and just never thought about trying them.  This has been over 2 years ago. Now I'll probably keep playing with the cobra irons until another good deal on a set of irons comes along. 

I have been playing since I was 12 or so.  My first set was a cut down/junior set and once I hit about 16 or so I moved on to normal sized sets.  I am onto my 3rd set since then.  Been playing around 30 years since then, so I guess one every 10 years or so, though no plans to replace my current set due to Vitamin M.

You guys make me feel guilty. While I have hung on with the Ping G400 for 3 or so years, 3wood for almost 2, and wedges for more than 3 (sharpened a time or two), I haven’t kept a set of irons for 2 years. The allure of shiny blades is too much.

I replace virtually everything about every 5-8 years. Usually the set makeup changes when I change things out. The soonest I've ever replaced an iron set is after about 3 years. Drivers as often as every 2, but I've used drivers for 6-7 years also. Putters....don't get me started 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.