IGNORED

Need a Name for a Tournament and Trophy

iacas
Note: This thread is 6739 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
OK, The Sandhills Cup (Sandhill or Sandhills???) versus The Newport Cup.

The only knock I've got against the Sandhills one is that it may not always be played there, but the positive is that it's got "sand" in the title, at least.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If it's between those two, my vote is for Newport. I think Erik is right. I have the same difficulty with Sandhills.

Josh Premuda
www.thesandtrap.com

Driver Titleist 905T 8.5 degrees
Ping I2 3-wood 14 degreesTitleist 503.H hybrid 22 degreesTitleist DCI 962 3-9 6.5 Rifle shaftTitleist Vokey Oil Can wedges 48, 58 degreesScratch Golf 3x Black Wedge 54 degreesBig Oak Putter, T'ville 34"

Call me dumb, but who the blue hell is Newport?!?

I don't really care what we are playing for, but I want to win it whatever it is. :)

I'll be able to grasp things a little better when I know who Newport is...

Uhhh...

Call me dumb, but who the blue hell is Newport?!?

I had to search for the meaning of Newport myself, but this is Erik's post two pages ago:

The first U.S. Open was played in Newport (Newport Cup) and won by Horace Rawlins (the Rawlins Cup) - he's British. John J. McDermott (McDermott Cup) was the first American to win it. Francis Ouimet (Ouimet Cup) won it famously in 1913 with his sidekick Eddie Lowery (Lowery Cup). Walter Hagen (Hagen Cup) won not long after, of course, and then future champions included Bobby Jones (too overdone) and Billy Casper (Casper Cup).

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Heh, you really can call me dumb now. There have been too many different names thrown around, I got confused. :/

Yeah, the Newport Cup sounds awesome to me. I think the first ever U.S. Open is a pretty big deal. And it's my favorite major too.

I'm all for Newport Cup.

• 3 weeks later...
Here's a late entry that I saw on PGA Tour Sunday yesterday, the Blisplinghoff Cup. Named after Don Blisplinghoff. The interview was pretty cool and this guy was really good. Anyway, just thought I'd share.

Don Blisplinghoff won 15 tournaments by the age of 21, played golf with legends Jack Nicklaus and Arnold Palmer, and earned his PGA TOUR card on multiple occasions, yet he never fulfilled his dream. Blisplingoff reflects on his decisions, passion for the game, and love of family.

Josh Premuda
www.thesandtrap.com

Driver Titleist 905T 8.5 degrees
Ping I2 3-wood 14 degreesTitleist 503.H hybrid 22 degreesTitleist DCI 962 3-9 6.5 Rifle shaftTitleist Vokey Oil Can wedges 48, 58 degreesScratch Golf 3x Black Wedge 54 degreesBig Oak Putter, T'ville 34"

• Administrator
Here's a late entry that I saw on PGA Tour Sunday yesterday, the Blisplinghoff Cup. Named after Don Blisplinghoff. The interview was pretty cool and this guy was really good. Anyway, just thought I'd share.

Newport Cup it is.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 2 months later...
Except that it's not.

Maybe their should be, I like the idea

DBake
Titleist 909D3 10.5* Tour Green 89 Stiff
Titleist 906F2 15* v2 85 Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 2-PW S300
Mizuno MP-R 52* & 59*Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Titleist Pro V1Leupold GX-1The Home Course (75.7/130)

Note: This thread is 6739 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!