IGNORED

OFFICIAL: 2008 Northern Trust (Nissan) Open Thread

Note: This thread is 4755 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This is the OFFICIAL 2008 Northern Trust (Nissan) Open thread. At the historic Riviera CC in Los Angeles.

Northern Trust Open
Monday Feb 11 – Sunday Feb 17, 2008
Riviera Country Club · Pacific Palisades, Calif.

Purse: $6,200,000 Winning Share: $1,116,000
FedExCup Points: 25,000
http://www.northerntrustopen.com

All things about and through the tournament. There is no need each week to have ten different threads pretaining about a tournament.

kevin na has two 4th place finishes so far. i expect/want him to do well
looking at chIII's finishes so far.. a win would not be surprising. 3 top 25's (1 top 10) as well as an mdf
as long as mickelson doesn't pull another 11, he has a good shot
also i'm really pulling for anthony kim

Not looking too good for my man Adam Scott, but Luke Donald had a good round today (-3). I thinl the field is very stond this year, lots of young talent. I was dissapointed to see Jonathan Byrd pull out, though.

Looking forward to a great tournament!

i think this week is the return of john daly -2

I'd love to see that. But he had a couple great rounds last season, only to crater shortly afterwards.

I'd LOVE to see him win a tournament.

So, in typical Phil fashion, after making a 40 foot putt off the fringe for bird on #5, he follows that with a 5 foot par miss on #6. . . sheesh.

64 today for Phil. -10 for the tournament. Birdied 17 and the super difficult 18th coming in.

Note: This thread is 4755 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasfeb21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • About 5 years ago I used to play a reverse scramble with friends. It was a game that had to be played in the evening when the course was quiet. There might be an official name for this game, or it doesn't exist because it takes too long, but its great fun. Instead of taking best ball, worst ball counts. I have never played it with more than 3 to a team because it would just take too long. Realistically, it can only be played if the team consists of lower handicappers, add a player with double figures at your peril. Putting is the most difficult as the worst approach from the worst tee shot is normally quite a long putt. Although all 3 players try to lag it as close as possible, the team normally faces a tricky 4 or 5 footer which in turn all 3 must hole. Get my drift. Have any of you every played this? It's a great character builder.
    • I understand keeping the Northern states off the list. Winter stinks up here.  But 115F is no picnic either. Neither is 95 with 90 RH. My friend who lives in Vero Beach, FL in the winter says golf there in the summer is brutal. He leaves in May for NH. My niece lives in Phoenix and she says summer is unbearable. I would think the best places would be where you can play all year comfortably. Hawaii, the Carolina Coast and West Coast California. It can get cool on the coast, but it doesn’t snow that much in Charleston.
    • I don’t mind different grips, but within each of these club types, the grips must match: Fairway woods hybrids irons The different grip types in these categories often gives me a semi-conscious tactile reminder of the slightly different swings for the club types, if that makes sense. 
    • My iron set is: 6-9, PW, AW and SW. According to the 85% figure (8i relative to driver) that has been thrown about, my distances seem in line with the norm. I am guessing that with most golfers perhaps 9i would be the club that would be half the length of a driver on average.  
  • Today's Birthdays

1. blkjazz
      blkjazz
      (71 years old)
    2. bluebaws82
      bluebaws82
      (39 years old)
    3. g30rg35m1th
      g30rg35m1th
      (21 years old)
    4. Otis2014
      Otis2014
      (58 years old)
    5. Phil Marsh
      Phil Marsh
      (50 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...