nevets88

Netflix’s New Series Loser has a Jean Van de Velde Episode

8 posts / 431 viewsLast Reply

It’s the last episode, titled 72nd hole. Haven’t finished watching it yet. Barely recognize him but he’s still the interesting guy I remembered him to be. Curtis Strange and Jimmy Roberts are among those interviewed, but they’re the least interesting because familiarity. 

0eb595acf93e6888f3ec228ba7bc560636578154

In a "winning is everything" society, how do we handle failure? This series profiles athletes who have...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

5 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

It’s the last episode, titled 72nd hole. Haven’t finished watching it yet. Barely recognize him but he’s still the interesting guy I remembered him to be. Curtis Strange and Jimmy Roberts are among those interviewed, but they’re the least interesting because familiarity. 

0eb595acf93e6888f3ec228ba7bc560636578154

In a "winning is everything" society, how do we handle failure? This series profiles...

Yeah my non golfing cousin watched it and was telling me about it at lunch. He found it interesting. 

Is a 152 ranking that low? 

And listening to him, it’s like he read Lowest Score Wins in 1999, lol. 

I think he took the whole disaster pretty well. And then later playing the hole over with just a putter (IIRC) and making bogey. Lol! Man that was rough. I still remember watching that unfold.

Going to agree with Vinsk, he handled it well. At least that's how the show portrays it. Never said if he cashed in on all the infamy or if he did, how much?

There was one part I wondered about. When he physically went into the water to assess the situation, Van De Velde said the ball sank even deeper. Is that a penalty, being in a hazard and causing the ball to move? 

17 minutes ago, Bballref said:

Going to agree with Vinsk, he handled it well. At least that's how the show portrays it. Never said if he cashed in on all the infamy or if he did, how much?

There was one part I wondered about. When he physically went into the water to assess the situation, Van De Velde said the ball sank even deeper. Is that a penalty, being in a hazard and causing the ball to move? 

It was the tide coming in...

15 hours ago, Vinsk said:

I think he took the whole disaster pretty well. And then later playing the hole over with just a putter (IIRC) and making bogey. Lol! Man that was rough. I still remember watching that unfold.

I think he made a 6, but yeah… that was funny.

The whole series was pretty good. Some of the details like Craig Perry holing out the bunker shot I had forgotten. Plus his attitude even today is really great.