IGNORED

Did You Switch From TaylorMade M1 to M3? Then?

Another9
Note: This thread is 1851 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello,

This is my first post so be gentle.

Are there any members out there that switched from the TaylorMade M1 to the M3? If so, I have a question about the setup for your M3.

I have been playing the TaylorMade M1 Driver (2017 version) for a couple of years. I have really come to appreciate what this driver has done for my game. After my fitting, the settings recommended for me were the movable weights on draw/high, and the hosel setting on higher. With these settings I was able to maximize my distance and accuracy hitting drives of about 260 to 270 with a straight ball flight or a slight draw. Not bad for 58. Like any other golfer, two years later I crave more, and because we all know that it is the arrow that counts, I recently spotted a new M3 driver head at a great price and I ordered it.

I will be using the same shaft as I did for the M1, my trusty Project X which I love, but the M3 has a few "upgrades" to include twist face technology and a different Y track system for the weights rather than the T track on the M1. Given the settings that worked for my M1, I assume that I should set the M3 at draw with the second weight near the back to increase the trajectory, and the hosel on higher to close the clubface a bit. This seems to mirror the settings I had on the M1.

My question for those who may have switched from the M1 to the M3 is, did you find that the settings changed for you, or where they pretty consistent with the settings for your M1? Also, did the twist face tech make a difference? I have read both very positive reviews on twist face, and negative reviews about its effectiveness.

Thanks!

I cant answer your question exactly but I went from the 2016 M1 to the M4 and I couldnt be happier. Maybe I had the settings on the M1 messed up but the M4 seems to go further, straighter and has a better sound and feel than the old M1.

One thing I'm not so happy about is that I also have an M2 3 wood that cracked across the face. Currently working with Taylormade to get a warranty replacement so we'll see how that goes. The pro at my course said all of the clubmakers are making the faces so thin that its only a matter of time before they blow.  

My Bag
Driver:  
:tmade: M4,  3-Wood: :tmade: M2,  5-Wood  :tmade:  M3 

Irons: :titleist: 716 AP1 4-PW X-100 shafts

Wedges: :titleist: Vokey SM6 Jet black 50º, 54º & 58º

Putter: :tmade: Spider

Ball: :titleist: ProV1X

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to Did You Switch From TaylorMade M1 to M3? Then?
Note: This thread is 1851 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!