IGNORED

My New Edel Putter

Note: This thread is 1816 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

34 minutes ago, Sandy Divot said:

If you think it is bland, I'll give you $50 bucks for it right now. Cash money!

Maybe I should have gone with non-flashy?

No no, I already told @iacas that I expect this to be the last putter I ever buy. My previous putters all lasted me about 10 years each on average. I hope to get double that out of this one. At which time if your 50 dollar offer still stands we can talk. Besides, you should get one with your own initials on it. 

• Like 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That looks like a putter should look. Simple, clean lines. Not flashing neon colors or weird USS Enterprise (Star Trek) shaped head. A simple putter allows you to just focus on the line and the speed.

• iacas changed the title to My New Edel Putter
3 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Maybe I should have gone with non-flashy?

No no, I already told @iacas that I expect this to be the last putter I ever buy. My previous putters all lasted me about 10 years each on average. I hope to get double that out of this one. At which time if your 50 dollar offer still stands we can talk. Besides, you should get one with your own initials on it. 

It looks great. There is an Edel fitter here in town, but he only fits members of the club where he works. The next closest is 1.5 to 2 hours away.

2 hours ago, Sandy Divot said:

It looks great. There is an Edel fitter here in town, but he only fits members of the club where he works. The next closest is 1.5 to 2 hours away.

It might be worth the drive. I'm actually about 3 hours from iacas. I'm truly expecting this to be the last putter I ever buy. So what's 3 hours over the lifetime of the putter?

• Like 1

Chet, it’s a great looking putter. If I was in the market for a replacement, Edel would be a serious consideration.

I am huge fan of the Edel wedges. I have the Trapper grind in 50, 55, and 60.

Great looking putter, congratulations.

It would be great if you could provide some feedback on how that interesting looking face technology feels or performs compared to a standard milled face.

3 hours ago, GOATee said:

Great looking putter, congratulations.

It would be great if you could provide some feedback on how that interesting looking face technology feels or performs compared to a standard milled face.

I will do my best. If it ever stops raining/snowing etc...

I think it's a great looking putter. Clean lines.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Okay, so I still haven't had a chance to get out on the course yet. But I was at the range yesterday and the guys there were all saying its a gorgeous putter. So, perhaps I do have bad taste in putters? I can't wait to hit it outside on real grass. 

• 5 weeks later...

Okay, So I’ve played this putter on actual golf courses for 3 rounds now. Here is my opinion; On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the best, I give it …. an 11.

Yeah, it is a great putter.

Having a putter built so that you can line it up at your target every time is a huge confidence builder.

Not only that but weighted the way you’ll be most consistent with it. My only question is: Why on Earth didn’t I get one of these sooner?

I’m not sure if it’s the confidence factor, or the actual set up factor, or whatever. But I have statistical proof that I putt better with this putter.

Last year my putting handicap was 10.5.

The very first round I played with this putter my putting handicap was +3.3. Yeah, you read that right +3.3!!! What, that’s insane!

I’ve now played 3 rounds with it and my putting handicap is 2.3 over those 3 rounds.

I’m fully prepared to admit there must be a honeymoon period. I also should point out that I played those 3 rounds on courses I know well. But never-the-less, the numbers are impressive. Needless to say, I am more than happy with my new putter.

Note: I track all my shots, stats, and other data with Arccos. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Okay, So I’ve played this putter on actual golf courses for 3 rounds now. Here is my opinion; On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the best, I give it …. an 11.

Yeah, it is a great putter.

Having a putter built so that you can line it up at your target every time is a huge confidence builder.

Not only that but weighted the way you’ll be most consistent with it. My only question is: Why on Earth didn’t I get one of these sooner?

I’m not sure if it’s the confidence factor, or the actual set up factor, or whatever. But I have statistical proof that I putt better with this putter.

Last year my putting handicap was 10.5.

The very first round I played with this putter my putting handicap was +3.3. Yeah, you read that right +3.3!!! What, that’s insane!

I’ve now played 3 rounds with it and my putting handicap is 2.3 over those 3 rounds.

Cool. Glad you came around on your ugly putter 😜

7 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I’m fully prepared to admit there must be a honeymoon period.

My experience with my Edel felt less like a honeymoon and more like settling into an arranged marriage. The first few rounds with mine weren't exactly transformative like yours and it took some time to get adjusted to it. I had to unlearn compensations I made with my old putter. It's all good, now.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

You guys are making me jealous.   I've way over spent my golf budget but I'm convinced that is the way to go.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

I have had an Edel putter for a little more than two years.   And have found I REALLY like it, and it performs well for me.

I live in Florida, and the non-round grips on putters tend to get out of alignment due to the heat.  I had a Scotty Cameron before my Edel, with a Baby T Grip and sure enough it was no longer perpendicular to the face as it had been when first set on the putter.  So round grips are ALWAYS recommended by the Edel putter fitter in our area.  Scott Sikorski.

I have one change made (customization)..in addition to lines, length, etc.. I had the Edel name taken off the face of the putter.  I did not want to look at it every time I looked at the face of the putter  ...personal preference.  Attached are a couple of pictures. 

IMG_20161209_130738868.jpg

SNIP 2.JPG

On 4/24/2019 at 2:48 PM, JuanTheGolfer said:

I have one change made (customization)..in addition to lines, length, etc.. I had the Edel name taken off the face of the putter.  I did not want to look at it every time I looked at the face of the putter  ...personal preference. 

Since I've come around on the looks of the putter. I actually like the Edel name written on the face, especially since it balances out my initials opposite the Edel name. Just curious, how do you like the heel balance? 

After using my putter for a while. I have to say it is now the best damned looking putter I've ever seen. 

I'm usually one to always say "It's the Indian not the Arrow." But, in this case I really think the arrow makes a difference. 

I've had driver fittings and iron fittings and I've even had wedge fittings and they are fine and there are definite gains to be made. But I cannot say it enough. If you are struggling with putting or not making the gains in putting even after practicing a lot, go get an Edel putter fitting, you will not be sorry. 

I have got to stop following this thread. ;-)

• Like 1

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

6 minutes ago, Missouri Swede said:

Why?

18 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I'm usually one to always say "It's the Indian not the Arrow." But, in this case I really think the arrow makes a difference. 

I agree. I feel the same about my putter (and my wedges, but that's another topic).

14 minutes ago, Missouri Swede said:

Buy one. Do it. You know you want to 😜

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

17 minutes ago, Missouri Swede said:

I can not guarantee you the same reaction. But after I've played with mine I couldn't help but thinking "Crap, why didn't I do this sooner?" 

Note: This thread is 1816 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!