GAA

Too Many Loose Hogans

23 posts / 1581 viewsLast Reply

My wife says she needs room in her area of the basement and suggested I do something like reduce some of my stuff.

1589119356_Hoganlooseironclubs010.thumb.JPG.fb82b4b29c286398a36dc891ef1bc83f.JPG

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

Can you choose one iron set to keep? That way she gets her area and you still have hogan’s

I dunno it’s like 4 square feet, move em someplace else

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'd throw out my wife before I threw out those clubs.

Well it is not that easy. She has a legit gripe. I have seven full sets off Hogans and may be 26 loose Hogan irons. However the real problem is that I have an additional six hundred golf clubs and 30 old golf bags that also live in the basement. My addiction to collecting clubs over the years has caught up to me and is affecting her laundry process. And I don't want to be assigned those duties.

Cutting down the herd is the way to go

24 minutes ago, GAA said:

Well it is not that easy. She has a legit gripe. I have seven full sets off Hogans and may be 26 loose Hogan irons. However the real problem is that I have an additional six hundred golf clubs and 30 old golf bags that also live in the basement. My addiction to collecting clubs over the years has caught up to me and is affecting her laundry process. And I don't want to be assigned those duties.

Understanding you have a problem is the first step in recovery. Have you contacted GA? Golfaholics Annonymus?

I totally get the "throw out the wife first before the clubs" comment, a bit harsh, but I'm not that bad off. (I don't think.)

As far as joining Golfaholics Anonymous. No I have not signed up yet. I would have first stop hanging around in dark alleys and stop my Club Ho-ing activities first. 

‘I want the basement cleared. You may keep one set.’

8344E146-1508-4E82-A62A-F54CA9316A7E.gif.66241cb083572cb6c77157f9fcbbbedd.gif

17 hours ago, GAA said:

My wife says she needs room in her area of the basement and suggested I do something like reduce some of my stuff.

1589119356_Hoganlooseironclubs010.thumb.JPG.fb82b4b29c286398a36dc891ef1bc83f.JPG

I'll PM you my address 😉

5 hours ago, GAA said:

This paints a much clearer portrait than the original post, The photo made me think she was very unreasonable, as that isn't really that many clubs, but now that you've expanded your situation I can see her point.
Don't get me wrong, I certainly don't agree with her, but I see where she is coming from - I'd like to help you out, but I've already got 3+ sets of Hogan's and if I got any more then I'd be closer to your situation than I care to be.

Thoughts & Prayers for your pending loss

How high is the ceiling? overhead racks keep them off the floor and within easy reach. Some PVC and bungee cords should be a cake walk.

A little of everything. Wall Rack, display equipment old golf bags, work bench, three 55 gallon barrels and a few in the rafters.

On 3/22/2019 at 12:47 PM, GAA said:

beautiful sticks! fist set i purchased were the apex edge pros. the classic hogan design will always have a special place in my heart. recently switched to mp-5's but would love to try some hogan blades in the future.