7 posts / 838 viewsLast Reply

I am just looking for a good app to input scorecard data like score, # putts on a preloaded course scorecard.  I don't need the GPS function.  I use a GameGolf live and sometimes don't always tag my club or get the correct number of putts.  I can usually remember the round but would like some easy app to input the data.

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

15 minutes ago, skywaterbanjo said:

I am just looking for a good app to input scorecard data like score, # putts on a preloaded course scorecard.  I don't need the GPS function.  I use a GameGolf live and sometimes don't always tag my club or get the correct number of putts.  I can usually remember the round but would like some easy app to input the data.

I just use the score card from the course to keep track of putts, 1st putt length, score, etc.   It's easy to update GG via the computer with the score card full of data.   I don't know of too many apps that don't include GPS.   I've used Golflogix and Golfshot before GG. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think you can use any of the other apps (golfshot, 18birdies, hole19, etc.) but disable gps for the app. I’ve used golfshot for years before game golf came out, and I still track all of my rounds with it.  Sometimes I don’t use game golf, but all of my scores all are kept in golfshot. 

17 hours ago, skywaterbanjo said:

Foursum Golf has a basic app that I have used. It is free and it knows what course you are on. 

On 3/23/2019 at 5:48 PM, Missouri Swede said:

I think you can use any of the other apps (golfshot, 18birdies, hole19, etc.) but disable gps for the app. I’ve used golfshot for years before game golf came out, and I still track all of my rounds with it.  Sometimes I don’t use game golf, but all of my scores all are kept in golfshot. 

I do the same. I like Golfshot better on the course and use it to edit gamegolf at home. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2018 TST Partners

PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    More to come…
    • Thanks for all the advice, everyone. I had a chance to inspect the clubs before purchase, and all looked fine from what I could see .. I was wondering what I should be looking out for at the hosel and club head to try and identify shoddy manufacturing. Sounds like it's just a really extreme outlier that I've picked up though. The woods have been OK, but I did get noticeably less distance (even as a beginner) compared to some of the hire clubs I was hitting, so I think I might write these off entirely and get a new set.  I'm tossing up between a new set of the wilson SGI's, the spalding elite's, callaway's strata range, or a used set of Callaway XR's. Unfortunately nothing else around in my price range in AU (for a lefty)..
    • I've never really thought about "no sixes". I've had quite a few rounds without sixes and quite honestly, when I read it, my thoughts were, no problem. So, Saturday, I bogied the first par 5, #2. No sixes the rest of the way, but now, it's on my mind. Carding a 6 on a par 5 is like kissing your sister. And it was a 3 putt. ugh Since I'm not gifted in the technology department, I'll probably have to list off the holes instead of pasting the card. lol
    • I would be pretty shocked if he ever has a season where he wins 2 majors and finishes T4 and 2nd in the other 2 majors. Just because that's so difficult to do, it's a fluke for basically anyone in golf. I think he'll probably get back to a top 5-10 golfer at some point, though. I think golf media has generally underestimated how good Spieth was, because he doesn't have the distance or flash of someone like Rory or DJ. But Spieth, on his game, is as good of as of a ball striker as anybody out there (sans Tiger, I suppose). It wasn't his putting or short game that made him special, it was his iron play. I think that will come back at some point. From an interview I heard with him on the No Laying Up podcast, he believes he's close. I do have some concern, though. That same interview made me think that he's not being a stupid monkey. He seemed really down the rabbit hole with his swing. I guess you have to be if your going through a slump like he is and trying to make changes. It worries me, though.
    • walking has a lot fewer cup holders I don't really consider golf to be much of a sport in terms of fitness or 'typical' athleticism.  I tend to call it an activity, not a sport frankly.  I play for relaxiation and because it's just a lot of fun for me. If I want to exercise, I go and exercise.  That's weights, cardio, yoga, or more intense sports.  (however, if one has nothing else, or can't handle 'regular' exercise for any reason, then I applaud them for using golf for that purpose - even a long walk is better than sitting on the couch). The biggest benefit I personally seem to get from walking is that I tend to walk right to my ball and find it easier - which is weird to me.  But I guess if I have a feel for my distances, then the act of walking must calibrate better to me for finding the darn thing (rather than marking a line and driving to it.)  Also, I tend to just play to my ball and help the others less than I would if I drive.
    • Kind of related. Talking to someone I was paired up with, and he said his club recently bought carts and it's not the old timers that were using them, they still walked, but the 20 and 30 year olds. 
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. GingerNinja
      GingerNinja
      (42 years old)
    2. GolfFitGuru
      GolfFitGuru
      (44 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...