IGNORED

2019 WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play

nevets88
Note: This thread is 1816 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 minute ago, ChrisP said:

Well, that frees up my Sunday.

Yeah...such a shame. I know it’s a great accomplishment for the kid... but come on....just turned Sunday into a snoozer.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad he missed it.  He's just getting over a neck problem.  If he had to play who knows how many extra holes today, plus maybe another 36 tomorrow, he could easily have torpedoed his chances in the Masters.  This way, he had a very positive week, a T5 in a strong field, and he can take tomorrow off and then prep for Augusta.

11 minutes ago, HJJ003 said:

Until April....

Eh, it lasted about 5 minutes....

That bomb for eagle and then the cold blooded birdie on 17 after Tiger had stuffed it were just too tough.

Colin P.

21 minutes ago, brocks said:

I'm glad he missed it.  He's just getting over a neck problem.  If he had to play who knows how many extra holes today, plus maybe another 36 tomorrow, he could easily have torpedoed his chances in the Masters.  This way, he had a very positive week, a T5 in a strong field, and he can take tomorrow off and then prep for Augusta.

Kind of felt the same. And there’s no “maybe 36 tomorrow.” If he would have won, he would have to play 36 tomorrow. There’s a consolation match for 3rd and 4th.

37 minutes ago, colin007 said:

He's dead to me.

You don't believe that....I don't believe you mean that.    What until the Masters!

then again, he could be like the Detroit Lions.... even before the season starts their fans say "Wait until next year!"

• Like 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

Kind of felt the same. And there’s no “maybe 36 tomorrow.” If he would have won, he would have to play 36 tomorrow. There’s a consolation match for 3rd and 4th.

You don't play 36 if you win or lose 5&4 or something.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Tiger missed a few short putts in the afternoon.  Not a good sign going into Masters...

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

4 minutes ago, Yukari said:

Tiger missed a few short putts in the afternoon.  Not a good sign going into Masters...

I don’t know. He played a lot of close golf today that is no doubt mentally draining. I can see a few misses coming from a day like today. I was wondering on some of the misses as well though. Especially that last one. 

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

He used to never miss putts like that. It’s like you can see that slight bit of doubt that never showed from 97-08.

But, giving due credit, the kid (can’t spell his name) was a rock.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, LMoore said:

He used to never miss putts like that. It’s like you can see that slight bit of doubt that never showed from 97-08.

A myth. He missed his fair share of putts like that.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
39 minutes ago, LMoore said:

Errrriikkkk.......sort of like saying you are so hungry you can eat a whale.........................you’re so literal. lol

Just saying, he missed his fair share of short putts.

Tiger played well. That last putt isn’t any indication of how he’s putting. He otherwise performed pretty damn well. Beer Garden poured in that 30’ for eagle so he had his share of luck as well.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

He putted pretty well overall. Made a lot of big ones. The 52yard pitch into the bunker is what really hurt him. The announcers cursed him as well!! lol. Hats off to the other guy. Draining that eagle on 16 and the birdie on 17 was tough as a TW fan 

Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5* S driver
Nike VR-S 3W
Cobra AMP Cell 3H
Callaway Big Bertha 3-10i, 50* W
Ping M/B 56* W
Ping M/B 60* W
Odyssey Black Series #8 

He may have intentionally tugged that last putt. LaCava prolly whispered in his ear “Make this, Boss, and we play at least one more hole and maybe 36 more tomorrow.” Tiger may have gotten a stinger down his neck that very moment.

All jokes aside, while I know he wanted to win, I think he won’t mind a day of rest. He got a T5 which should move him up the WGR a spot, maybe two.

Edited by ChrisP

Note: This thread is 1816 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!