Not sure it I have a complete 10 that deserve being on this list but it sounds like fun so here it is. This may end up more as a reflection on time, family, friends and experience.
1. The Straits at Whistling - Kohler, WI - It needs no explanation.
2. The Irish at Whistling - Kohler, WI - It is basically attached to The Straits and is an incredible course with a bit more forgiveness than it’s big brother. In some ways I like the design even more than the Straits.
3. Wild Rock - Wisconsin Dells - It has some beautiful views and some very fun holes. I really like the design of the course and the simple yet effective placement of the bunkers. It would be great to play one more time with my buddy @Jakester23.
4. Oconomowoc Golf Club - Oconomowoc, WI - A Donald Ross design and is a private course in which I have had the pleasure of playing twice. It is my dream course as far as being a member one day. It is the most well-manicured course I have ever played and looks like a piece of land stolen from the North East.
5. Hidden Glen Golf Club - Cedarburg, WI - Designed by Pete Dye's son, I recently had the pleasure of playing this private course. It is very challenging and requires great decision making and from tee to green on shot zones. It is one of the most engaging courses I have played
6. Erin Hills – Erin, WI – Okay, I admit I am cheating here. I have not played it. However, I was supposed to and would have if I did not get injured. I also walked most of the course a number of years ago during the US Amateur. I have to play this one, I just do.
7. Whispering Woods, - Erie, PA - One of the most unique, and challenging wooded courses I have played. My two trips out to Erie changed things for me in a couple ways. Lessons were learned on the course and in life. Maybe a final chance to play a round with my coach as well.
8. Magnolia Landing – North Fort Myers, FL – It is a typical but beautiful Florida design. I never actually got to play the second nine holes at this course. This course changed my life on the ninth hole, one swing, one injury, and two years left to reflect on life. Things will never be the same, they are better. Time changes many things, but not my desire to finish what I started on this course.
9. Superior National - Tofte, MN - My Father's favorite course and I would love for this to be our final round of golf together. It has some incredible views and some beautiful holes. A great place to reflect on our time together.
10. Baker National - Hamel, MN – This is the course I grew up on back in MN and where I learned to play golf. The design is a good one, although I have no clue what condition it is in these days. I would love to end it where it all started.