Been a while since I've posted, played in A LOT of tournament lately. Stroke play, member-guests and scrambles. Mostly decent results with some bad play mixed in. One more tournament this weekend, then looking forward to having a little break and working on the swing.
Some recent notes on what I'm working on:
- Humerus hanging more at 1. Left arm feels more internal and soft/hanging. Should have some space between the top of tricep and pec. Check with stick on the ground drill.
- Rock the body, bounce the feet to initiate upload. Left leg loses some flex.
- Push off left foot, head moves up and right and stays up on takeaway. Hands stay in the same spot. Pause for a second or two.
- Club swings back via rotation of core. Feels like I’m turning very level while throwing the club straight back along the target line using my core/right ribs. Check slack in arms. If arms bend, turn could be too tilted or pelvis is turning too early.
- 1-2, isolate feels of toros turning while lower body doesn’t move. Feels like left knee stays in place as toros rotates to my right.
- 1-2, if club gets inside the hands, hands "bank" outward, check rotation rates and feel butt of the club point more towards me longer.
- For left misses and general downswing rotation and lowering. Towards the end of the backswing get the belly button pointed towards the target as soon as possible, laser pointer image.
- Upload, pause for a couple seconds, coil and hit it.
- Upload, elevate club above ball swing it forward as body starts to load right and sling it back (stop at 4.5 or hit it).
- Elevate club well above the ball, like 6 inches, stay up on takeaway and hit it.
- Mace work and imagery. Use the body to throw something heavy behind me.