Jump to content

arturo28mx

Established Member
  • Content Count

    603
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

52 Moving Up the Leaderboard

About arturo28mx

  • Rank
    Dedicated Member

Your Golf Game

  • Handicap Index
    15
  • Handedness
    Righty

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. It's just a Gap Wedge. I don't think I need exact shaft specifications. If it were a 6, 7 or 8 iron I would be more cautious.
  2. Just wanted to share. I had a wedge head with a 0.370 hosel and a True Temper XP 95 R300 shaft (wedge length). I measured the tip of the 0.355 shaft and after about an inch it becomes 0.370 parallel. So I just trimmed one inch off the tip and voila I now had a 0.370 shaft. I suppose that trimming one inch off the tip basically made the shaft "stiff" instead of "regular", but that's all right because it will go into a wedge. I epoxied the shaft into the head with no problem. I'm not saying all 0.355 shafts have this geometry, but for what it's worth these TT XP 95 shafts do have a true 0.370 parallel section above the taper. I don't feel comfortable using shims. This solution worked well for me.
  3. I f you decide to get a 48 specialty wedge you may want to replace the shaft so it matches your other irons.
  4. Lie angle is totally dependent on POSTURE. If you stand very upright, you need a certain lie angle in your club, but if you have a very open stance or if you bend your knees a lot, then you need a different lie angle. I suggest you first fix your posture before you modify your clubs. My experience.
  5. The shaft is most important. I'm 62 years old, 5'9", average build. I use True Temper XP 95 R300. A light steel shaft that feels soft and launches high. Very popular.
  6. I wrote to True Temper some years ago regrading the same issue and they told me it was basically the same shaft.
  7. Maybe all you need is new shafts more suited to your strength and swing. In my experience, shafts are 50% of a club
  8. In the backswing I think of my connected torso-arms going back, and in the downswing I think of my connected torso-arms going down. My hips move too, especially in the downswing, but I don't think about them. 80% of the time when my swing is not working it is because my torso and my arms are not connected (arms move independently). The other 20% of the time I am swaying on the backswing.
  9. I prefer 9 holes walking than 18 holes in a cart. For me, walking is 50% the joy of golf. That's just me.
  10. Great video. But I noticed a machete in the background. Wonder what a club builder does with a machete.
  11. I'm 62 years old and I only play for fun. I do not play tournaments. I do not bet. I play with only 11 clubs because I like to keep things simple. I took out 3 Wood and 4 and 5 iron. My last two rounds I shot 85 and 86 and I'm perfectly happy with that. I JUST LOVE THE BEAUTY OF MY BAG WITH 11 CLUBS.
  12. I play Titleist 718 AP2 with XP 95 R300 shafts. I love these shafts and I could probably play several different heads just as well as long as they are similar in design. For example, with my XP 95 shafts I could probably play just as well Mizuno JPX 919 Forged, Ping i210, Callaway Apex, and such. But I could NOT play blades or musclebacks even fitted with XP 95s.
  13. In the last couple of weeks my biggest improvement in years came after learning to swing down "on plane". My back swing was "on plane" but then my downswing was terrible. Now I'm hitting the ball better than ever (distance and consistency).
  14. I'm a mid handicapper. I love the feel of Pro V1, but when the ball lands on the green I typically get 6 feet of back roll. I don't like it. I now use Tour Soft balls and when they land on the green they usually stay no more than 3 feet from the ball mark, either a little in front or a little behind. I prefer this. Cheaper balls like Titleist Velocity hit the green and continue rolling forever.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...