Jump to content

exgolfpro66

Member
  • Content Count

    12
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Sandbagger

About exgolfpro66

  • Rank
    Member

Your Golf Game

  • Handicap Index
    +1

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Thanks, I will have to 'steal' my wifes iphone 6. I think it takes 240 fps.
  2. I've been Playing Golf for: 40 years My current handicap index or average score is: scratch My typical ball flight is: straight/slight draw The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: flip at impact and a block occasionally Videos:
  3. Here are my thoughts. May not be popular, but I am working from a point of 'over exaggeration'. First off, forget about hitting up or down on the ball. Quite honestly, if you are a newbie, you are not going to understand the other changes you need to make to make this move effective. Simply take a few practice swings, visually there will be a place somewhere between your feet where it appears the club is travelling 'flat' or parallel with the ground. Make a mental note of that location and place your teed up ball on the extreme target side of this flat spot. That is your new ball positio
  4. I've tried a few, but still have the problem....so no, I haven't fixed it. You many want to look at the Educator (by Martin Chuck). It does something similar as the swinggyde, but is a little more versatile as there are more drills you can use if for....not just swing plane work.
  5. I have the exact same problem as you and have also tried the swinggyde. I don't really use it much any more because I don't seem to 'learn' how to do it properly. Maybe it is just my learning style, but with the swinggyde on, I make perfect backswings all day long. Once i take it off, it is right back to the same old thing.
  6. In my opinion, the back leg is supposed to straighten some. It is probably the transition that is causing the over the top move...not the right leg.
  7. Although those numbers are probably fairly accurate, on a flat chip, I would find the determining of the spot to be a little tedious. I do 75% of my chipping with a 54* wedge and the other 25% with a 58* LW. I can count the times on one hand that i've used a PW or 9iron in the past year. But, i have spent sooooooo many hours practicing on our practice green that I can simply tell where I want the ball to land by looking at the chip ,then i set up for that shot. In doing so, I have to manipulate the face angle and the shaft angle of the club, but I find it quite simple. I may hit a 5
  8. Here is one that is basically half the price for the same product. http://www.veloshaft.com/home.html
  9. Hey everyone. New member here at TheSandTrap.com. I've been a member of golfwrx and 4gea for about 10 years, but new to this one. Like what I've seen so far. I live just south of St Louis (actually Desloge, near Farmington), and my home course is Eagle Lake Golf Club (now called Crown Pointe), but get up to St. Louis to play about once every 6-8 weeks or so. My all time favorite St Louis course is Tapawingo, although its been about 3 years since I've played there. Also play Annbriar, Stonewolf, Far Oaks, Quail Creek from time to time. I am a former PGA Professional and have
  10. I know this is an old thread, but thought I would add to it. I have been a fan of Kelvin's since I got the speed chain in 2002 or 2003. I have taken several internet lessons with him in 2013. I would say that the only weakness to his teaching is the fact that even though you know what moves need to be made, there is really no guideance as to how to get from where you are, to where you need to be. But I feel his ideas are spot on. I've recently joined Gabriel Writer's Movement Towards Improvement site. He spend a month in Hawaii with Kelvin and has about 40+ videos of swing moves, t
  11. I've made the trip to Kohler the past two summers. The first time, I went August, 2013 and the weather was perfect. Sunny, 80's the whole time. This past year, we went the week of July 4th and although the temps were fine, we had 2 days of rain. Played Whistling Straits in an absolute downpour and had a blast. My wife (not a golfer) walked the entire round with me in the pouring rain. So, I would say stick to mid summer.
  12. I am in insurance sales. Work as an independent agent (no affiliation to a company). Former golf professional (for 7 years).
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...