Phil Mickelson, Colin Montgomerie, Jim Furyk, Padraig Harrington, and countless others collapse under the weight of the U.S. Open, and only Aussie Geoff Ogilvy manages to avoid a crash and burn to win the 106th at Winged Foot. This week, we talk about the rough, the greens, Phil’s fateful 18th hole, and a whole lot more. Tune in to this episode of Golf Talk for more.
For this week’s Show Notes – links to articles we discuss in the show and additional information – just read on.
Show Notes and Links
Off the Tee
Forum Topic of the Week
- Bruce Hardie joins us to talk Aussie golf.
- Biggest Choke: Monty? Furyk? or Phil? Harrington?
- Bigger Choke: [Above] or Greg Owen?
- Ogilvy’s Biggest Clutch Up and Down: Sand Save, Chip-In, or Chip on 18?
- Final Verdict on the Greens
- Duval: Best Showing to Date?
- Van de Velde or Mickelson: Bigger Choke?
- The Responsibility of Caddies
- Lost or Won?
- Is Monty Done?
- Does Phil Need a Mental Coach?
- Guest Thread
This show was recorded with Audio Hijack Pro over a Skype connection. We then used Soundtrack Pro to edit the show and GarageBand to produce the AAC file from the AIFF file, to add the artwork, and so forth. Feeder was used to create the XML file.
Note: This is an AAC (MP4) file, an open file format. iTunes – free software – can play AAC files, as can numerous other players, though we heartily recommend iTunes.
You Can Contribute
If you’d like to submit a listener question that we can answer on the air, send the question to firstname.lastname@example.org.