Random scraps of info about the first PGA Tour event of 2005: The Mercedes Championships.
A random smattering of notes leading up to this week's first PGA Tour event of 2005, the Mercedes Championship.
- Here's our preview. And, uhh, well that's all we have to say about that one.
- Vijay Singh is going with a new caddie, having run into problems with Dave Renwick. Said Renwick, home in Scotland, "I'm not retired. I spoke to Vijay the other day and said I would call him the first week in March. If I don't come back with Vijay, I'll look for someone else." Singh will use his trainer, Joey Diovisalvi, for now.
- Todd Hamilton doesn't like golf? Said Hamilton, "I didn't like golf as much as I thought I did" said the British Open champion when asked about his busy silly season in which he played in India, Japan, Hawaii, South Africa and California.
- Thank you to the commenters on the Grouchy Golf blog. We appreciate the kind words, and also think highly of Grouchy Golf and many of the other good golf blogs that are out there.
- When the first person tees off, your chance to join our 2005 Fantasy League comes to an end! Instructions have been posted here in our forum.
Thursday, 7-10:30 pm ET, ESPN
Friday, 7-10:30 pm ET, ESPN
Saturday, 7-10:30 pm ET, ESPN
Sunday, 7-10:00 pm ET, ESPN
Easy enough to remember. I'll be watching quite a bit this weekend as my Steelers have the week off.