IGNORED

2009 Senior Season

shakogolfer78
Note: This thread is 5489 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey fellow Sand Trappers. This thread is set up to post all of my scores and tournaments for my upcoming senior season. I love the Mini Tour thread that Ben has been updating, and I justed wanted to do the same. I currently play for the High School team and play anywhere from the 2-4 spot for Varsity. ( always have been behind an 8th grader who has a legit 3 handicap, and all-conference honors as a 7th grader!) Well being in MN, I haven't been able to play yet this season, but I have been in the gym, taking lessons, and getting custom-fitted for the seaon. I have never had the golfing bug so bad! Our practices have just started, and tomorrow we will be on the range outside for the first time. To kick off the season, here is my updated schedule:
March 22-24 Iowa for spring break
April 2- 6 Florida for a wedding ( lots of golf and missing some school)
April 10 tryouts at Stonebrooke
April 14 @ Farmington
April 17 @ Shattuck
April 22 @ Monticello
April 24 Prior Lake @ Stonebrooke
April 28 @ Stonebrooke
May 1 @ Hutchinson
May 4 @ Richfield
May 6 @ New Prague
May 11 Shakopee Invitational
May 12 @ Holy Angels
May 18 @ Farmington Conf. Finals
May 21 @ Oakdale Sections
May 26 @ Oakdale sections
June 2-5 State Tourney

Well this is how every thing will pan out this season. I will keep you all informed how each tournament goes. If you have have any suggestions or advice let me know.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

well today I got to hit on the range for the first time today. The golf team is looking great considering we only lost one varsity player, and I can't wait for all the courses to open up. Nothing better than playing competitive golf!

• 2 weeks later...
well the trip to Iowa didn't work out because the weather was so bad, but today my home course opened up. It was a great day with no wind and the sun shining so I played nine holes. Here's how it went:
Score: 40 (+4)
Pars: 5
Bogeys: 4
Putts: 17 (1 three putt)
GIR: 4/9 44%
FW: 4/7 57%
Penalties: 0

greens were pretty beat up and I missed a par putt on each of my four bogey holes inside 10 feet, so I was very pleased at this point in the season. When I missed it was always in the right spot. What I learned from this round is that if I improve my short putts I would have had an even par 36, but with some hard work I'll get there soon. Now off to Florida next week!

Neat Idea, I'll be joining the golf team next year and live in WI so I can relate to your cold weather troubles! Best of Luck to you

In my Bag:
SasQuatch Sq Sumo 4950 Driver Lucky 13* UST V2
3DX RC Ironwood 20* Hybrid
Genex 3DX DC Utility 17* Hybrid
Grand Hawk True Temper 4-PW 56* MP T-Series Ni Classic Monte Carlo 7 Putter 34"

I have coached mostly basketball in my career but I spent several seasons coaching golf. One of the biggest things I emphasize to all my players, no matter what the sport, is to stay focused. It's very easy to lose focus on a golf course, especially if things don't go your way (bad bounce, one bad swing, putts aren't falling, etc.). The mark of a successful player is one who can keep his eyes and his brain focused on what he's doing for the ENTIRE game, match, etc. Learn not to dwell on the past (or the latest bad shot) but remain in the moment on the next shot in front of you.

Oh yeah, one other thing. Have fun!

Thanks for the great advice. I really need to improve this part of my game to score well. In the past I have had too many rounds dictated by a few bads holes to start the round. Most of the time if I have the talent to break 80 every round, but my head gets in my way and suddenly I have a blow up hole that will destroy my round. This year however, I will focus on keeping my chin up and a positive outlook on my mental game to improve my scores as well. Thanks again.

Played down at Lely mustang today. The weather was perfect. 85 sunny with a slight wind now and then. Here's how it went:

Tees: Green 6,691yds 72.6/128
Score: 82 (+10)
DIF: 4/14 29%
GIR: 7/18 39%
SS: 0/2
U/D: 3/6
Putts: 31
Penalties: 2
Pars: 10
Bogeys: 6
Doubles: 2

I too will be enjoying my final organized sport this golf season, and to make it even more enjoyable I was elected co-captain. I've been looking forward to golf for months now; I don't think it's possible for me to be more excited now that it's finally here. Our first match (an 18-hole conference tournament) was supposed to be tomorrow but it's been moved to wednesday due to the blizzard that's headed our way (You gotta love Michigan, it was 65 yesterday).

Driver: Nike VRS Covert 

3 Wood: Taylormade Rocketballz

Hybrid: Nike Sumo 18*

Irons: Titleist AP1 4-PW

Wedges: Cleveland CG12 60* 56* & 52* 

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5

well I'm playing in our first match this Tuesday at Fountain Valley, and its a conference match to kick off the season. My goals are to keep my head on straight and stay focused. Just like Paddy after getting a 9 and shooting three under after that. I have played a few rounds this year, and this has been my major flaw. If you have any advice for my first competitive round of the year let me know. Thanks, I'll catch up with you guys on Tuesday night.

Today I played at our first conference match of the year in Farmington, and I did alright shooting an 84. I started out with three pars and a birdie which was great, but I started missing fairways and had to punch out many times. The putter was good for the most part. Our team actually took 2nd place out of 8 teams and lost by only one shot. I realize that I'm not that far off form the 70s, and hoping soon to be there constanly. With the scores we posted today, we should be a favortie to win conference! Well here's how it went.

SCORE: 84
PUTTS: 32
GIR: 6
DIF: 5
PENALTIES: 1
BIRDIES: 1
PARS: 7
BOGEYS: 7
DOUBLES: 3

VARSITY: 77-77-81-81 316 (2nd)

• 2 weeks later...
played a conference match today and I shot an 37-45 82. I was quite pleased I had three birdies on the fromt, and the team overall got 1st in the conference

Note: This thread is 5489 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!