mvmac

TST Instructional Content

9 posts in this topic

I vote for this thread being made a "Sticky"!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Mac62 said:

I vote for this thread being made a "Sticky"!

Done!

This thread is FULL of information!!  Very nice!

I came up with a little wristband you could write on called the Swing Thoughts Wristband. I made it to the golf channel Fore Inventors Only show in Orlando stage 2 but failed the pitch. I still have them for sale and use them all the time as swing thoughts are so important to the mental side of golf. 

I was looking for two threads a few minutes ago that I thought would be listed here but aren't.  I thought I'd put a link to them here in case anyone else is looking for them (although they're easy enough to find in the "Swing Thoughts" forum anyway):

Of course, I'm not the author of either of these.  I'm just putting the link in one more place in hope they'd be in what I think might be the first place many people look.

5 hours ago, Shindig said:

I was looking for two threads a few minutes ago that I thought would be listed here but aren't.  I thought I'd put a link to them here in case anyone else is looking for them (although they're easy enough to find in the "Swing Thoughts" forum anyway):

Thanks. I added them to the list above.

The "four stages of competence" was a thread that seems worthy of saving in the grand collection of instruction threads. Like the 5 S's thread, it seems to be a good resource on how to learn as opposed to what to learn.

1 hour ago, RandallT said:

The "four stages of competence" was a thread that seems worthy of saving in the grand collection of instruction threads. Like the 5 S's thread, it seems to be a good resource on how to learn as opposed to what to learn.

I'll add it above.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2017 TST Partners

PING Golf
    Leupold Golf
    Snell Golf
    Talamore Golf Resort
    Lowest Score Wins
    • I think he's just intense.  It's fun to watch and his desire to win will (most likely) never be questioned.   How many debates have there been on Golf Channel regarding a player's "killer instinct" or lack thereof?  DJ is probably a good example before he went on his tear as I remember a lot of chatter that he was too laid back...didn't have that burning desire to win.  Now that he's won a bunch, and is the same person (at least on the course), that laid back demeanor is viewed as "cool under pressure." As cliche as it is, winning cures all.
    • No argument there. If I had made the thread today (or anytime this year) he wouldn't have been in there. It's a shame with how good he is/can be at his best, but I think his health will keep holding him back.
    • A topic on something I haven't done any research but am intrigued on is the possibility of removing helmets from football.  Pads could be made smaller as well. It would (hopefully) take the head out of the equation as a weapon.  It would fully reduce the possibility of concussions since you'd still have guys hitting their heads on the turf and other things...but I think the extremely violent collisions would come way down. Again, I haven't fully thought this through but people have brought it up from time to time.  Something worth discussing.  I love the NFL too but hate to see what is happening to these guys and what may happen to the sport.
    • Yeah, I know one guy, and he's a very athletic 6'5".   Hitting any club 230-250 is long enough to get you into the mid-single digits assuming the rest of your game is decent.  But if all that's holding you back from another 50+ yards is learning to hit the driver, if you give that up, you're giving up on a lot more potential to ultimately play much better golf. Learn to hit it.
    • @bkuehn1952 beat me to it. This is essentially exactly what I was going to say (below) I'm not a golf pro. I'm just saying that my observation (take it for what it's worth) is that people try to muscle and over-hit the driver way more often than not. They get really tense over the ball and I can just see so much tension and rigidity in their swing. Then they hit it 200 yards. My driver swing is the most effortless swing I have in my bag. I'm not saying you have to play a driver. Hell, I've left my driver AND 3w at home, TWICE. But I did that just for fun to see how my game would change at my home course (mix it up a little). I didn't leave them behind "because I was afraid of them." Learn to hit it. Sometimes you have to break down your swing to nothing and start all over. We've all done it.
  • Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. chriswuk
      chriswuk
      (26 years old)
    2. Gero
      Gero
      (74 years old)
    3. SUPGolfer
      SUPGolfer
      (47 years old)
  • Get Great Gear with Amazon