IGNORED

TST Instructional Content

mvmac

I vote for this thread being made a "Sticky"!

• Upvote 1

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Mac62 said:

I vote for this thread being made a "Sticky"!

Done!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 5 weeks later...

This thread is FULL of information!!  Very nice!

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

• 1 month later...

I came up with a little wristband you could write on called the Swing Thoughts Wristband. I made it to the golf channel Fore Inventors Only show in Orlando stage 2 but failed the pitch. I still have them for sale and use them all the time as swing thoughts are so important to the mental side of golf. 

Michael Violence

• 4 months later...

I was looking for two threads a few minutes ago that I thought would be listed here but aren't.  I thought I'd put a link to them here in case anyone else is looking for them (although they're easy enough to find in the "Swing Thoughts" forum anyway):

Of course, I'm not the author of either of these.  I'm just putting the link in one more place in hope they'd be in what I think might be the first place many people look.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Shindig said:

I was looking for two threads a few minutes ago that I thought would be listed here but aren't.  I thought I'd put a link to them here in case anyone else is looking for them (although they're easy enough to find in the "Swing Thoughts" forum anyway):

Thanks. I added them to the list above.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

The "four stages of competence" was a thread that seems worthy of saving in the grand collection of instruction threads. Like the 5 S's thread, it seems to be a good resource on how to learn as opposed to what to learn.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

• Administrator
1 hour ago, RandallT said:

The "four stages of competence" was a thread that seems worthy of saving in the grand collection of instruction threads. Like the 5 S's thread, it seems to be a good resource on how to learn as opposed to what to learn.

I'll add it above.

• 1 month later...

Another thread I was looking for that is a good candidate (in my view) for this list:

(as before, obviously not my writing)

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
13 hours ago, Bluefin646 said:

how do i start a new topic in swing thoughts>?

It is restricted to Admin and Moderators. You can start a thread in the Instruction and Playing Tips section.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• 4 weeks later...

I want to add my thanks and my endorsement of the material here in this thread. 

As anyone who has read anything I’ve posted here can tell, I’m still not a skilled player.

But I revisited my grip and my stance, using only the threads linked to here, and had my best range sessions possibly ever, this week. I’m still hitting my share of poor shots, but contact is much improved, and my swing feels much more comfortable now. Mostly due to setup alone! 

All I did was mimic the grip in Mike’s grip thread, and flare my feet, and I’m now hitting from a neutral stance, with a neutral, firm handed, (yet loose- wristed) grip.

My grip wasn’t drastically different before, but the seemingly small changes make it incredibly comfortable and much more solid now that it has been tweaked and made better.

I find that most of my really big misses are gone, and while I still push, pull, and even hook and slice some.. my misses are within a noticeably smaller ‘cone of uncertainty’. 

I also notice that very small changes to grip and stance now have the expected and desired effect on my shots. For example, if I hook one, then  very, very slightly strengthen my grip or open my stance, I’m likely to hit he next one straight, or fade it if I hit it cleanly. Never could adjust predictably before.

Very encouraged by, and appreciative of the instruction provided here, -for free, may I add!

Thanks a million.

• 2 months later...

I was looking for this thread a moment ago and am surprised it isn't on the list above:

-- Michael | My swing! 

2 hours ago, Shindig said:

I was looking for this thread a moment ago and am surprised it isn't on the list above:

It is now. 😀

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator
17 minutes ago, Puttin4Dough said:

When I read this in the topic "Regular users can't start threads here" I have no interest in this thread.

Only @mvmac and I can start topics in the Swing Thoughts forum. Anyone can post a response in a topic posted in Swing Thoughts, just like you did a few minutes ago.

19 minutes ago, Puttin4Dough said:

It's why nobody bothers responding since July.  I don't get it.

Nobody's posted in this one topic since July because this topic is simply an index, a listing of "TST Instructional Content" in the first post. The place to post about any one specific thing is… drumroll please… in the specific topic, not in the "index."