Sign in to follow this  
mvmac

How to Draw the Golf Ball (or How to Stop Slicing)

Note: This thread is 1336 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

83 posts / 13050 viewsLast Reply

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

@mvmac Excellent post. Still reading through it.

What do you mean by parallel left?

A "square" set-up with the feet and body.

Yellow line would be the target line, body lines are parallel to that

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks Mike. Really appreciate these posts. With proper practice and the information I get off of this site I broke 90 (shot am 89 on a course I usually shoot 95+ I ) for the first time last week.

Excellent post. Especially, the video accompaniment. You are so right about how closing the face in all the ways you often hear about is not the way to do it. I tend to setup in a partially closed stance to get the right path but the ball will stay there or fade a little. I come out of it a bit. I am going to work on this. Thanks.

Excellent post. Especially, the video accompaniment. You are so right about how closing the face in all the ways you often hear about is not the way to do it.

I tend to setup in a partially closed stance to get the right path but the ball will stay there or fade a little. I come out of it a bit.

I am going to work on this. Thanks.

As I said in the post, make sure not to aim too far right. You might instinctually know you're aimed away from the target and start swinging more towards the target. So the path can actually become INward.

Don't know for sure if this is your issue, just wanted to point that out, especially for anyone else reading the thread.

You mentioned the left wrist being bowed at A6 which is the famous position most of us dream of getting to.

Can you give a quick explanation on the "feeling" you also have with the right wrist on obtaining that position?  Do you feel like the right wrist turns down and "cups backward" when going from A4 to A6?

You mentioned the left wrist being bowed at A6 which is the famous position most of us dream of getting to.

Can you give a quick explanation on the "feeling" you also have with the right wrist on obtaining that position?  Do you feel like the right wrist turns down and "cups backward" when going from A4 to A6?

Popular feeling we use has to do more with the lead wrist, to feel like you are "revving" a motorcycle on the downswing. Another would be to feel that the trail elbow stays "under" the lead elbow on the downswing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mvmac

Popular feeling we use has to do more with the lead wrist, to feel like you are "revving" a motorcycle on the downswing.

This is gold.

Another vote for this "feel" working.

Note: This thread is 1336 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!