IGNORED

Advice Needed

AnAvidGolfer
Note: This thread is 3891 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by AnAvidGolfer

Advice Needed Again!

This time its to do with the driver.

Im very inconsistent with my driver because i dont really like using it,

The pro i have lessons with said i should be getting around 270 carry driver and around 240 with a 3 wood but on my 3 wood fitting my carry distance 255 on avg was higher than expected so i have upscaled my carry distance by 15 yards. I think my carry distance with my driver should be around 285 carry because i know i can hit it when i really connect with the ball.

I was a 10.5 callaway  x hot stiff and it was ballooning up in the air like going into orbit and on the screen the flight was going off the screen in height and then dropping back down.

My launch angles were similar to my 3 wood ones so around 17-20

He also told me that my spin was ridiculous it was ranging from anywhere from 5000-7000

my swing speed was also measured and its around 110-115 on average

ball speed was faster than my 3 wood was told at the time it was past 165

He recommended that based on the numbers i lower the degree on my driver in the future and he also said i should consider thinking about an x-stiff shaft

Was wondering whether anyone can shed some light on the numbers and also give some info on x-stiff shaft im wary of getting fitted for all this new stuff because ive been told by the fitter it can get very expense. I have booked a lesson for tomorrow and i will be using my driver the lesson to see what i can improve on.

Lower the degree and x-stiff shaft will do it.

does it not get expense when you do because i asked whether i could try a driver with an x-stiff flex but they dont stock them they have to be ordered

In The Bag:

Driver: Titleist 913 D2 9.5 w/Phenom 70g S flex 

3-Wood: Callaway x-hot S flex 

Irons: Titleist Ap1 3-pw 

Wedges: Titleist sm4 56/60 

Putter: Odyssey 

Ball: Whatever i find!

:whistle::mad::pound:

i found my 3 wood numbers the callaway are the red top part, the blue various different makes the distances are lower because i was hitting into a water hazard on the left of course!

In The Bag:

Driver: Titleist 913 D2 9.5 w/Phenom 70g S flex 

3-Wood: Callaway x-hot S flex 

Irons: Titleist Ap1 3-pw 

Wedges: Titleist sm4 56/60 

Putter: Odyssey 

Ball: Whatever i find!

:whistle::mad::pound:

Note: This thread is 3891 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!