IGNORED

Need some distance help with Tiger Woods 08 for Wii

klaymon
Note: This thread is 5963 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've never played a TW game before today and the manual is anorexic at best. I have some questions about the distances on the screen.

1) There is an indicator that shows what club you have selected and a distance listed with it. Is that distance how far you can hit it with a perfect lie or with the indicated lie?

2) There is a distance listed below-left of the indicated lie. For example, it may say "Full - 157 yards". I realize this means you are setup for a full shot, but what does the 157 yards indicate? It does not seem to change regardless of where I aim or what club I have selected. Is this a pin distance?

3) When I am aiming the landing circle, there is a distance attached to it. Where does this yardage apply (center of the circle, back of the circle, etc)?

The entire distance system has me hitting all over the map and I just want to understand what they are telling me.

Thanks.

I've never played a TW game before today and the manual is anorexic at best. I have some questions about the distances on the screen.

1. Yes, this is with a perfect lie. In the rough, it'll show the lie and you have to club accordingly.

2. For the yardage, ex: 157, it is if the power meter goes full back, but you can gear it back by not swinging as far back with the controller if you're in between clubs. 3. Yes, distance would be to the center of the circle. Enjoy.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

That's right, pin distance. I'm not sure what manual you got, but all that is covered in the one I got.

Do you have the Wii version? Because the entire manual for mine has about 4 pages and that includes the front and back covers. It really covers very little about the game. It doesn't tell how to change your shot type or anything (I stumbled across that online). Thanks for the help.

I do have the Wii version, but my manual is 7 pages long (14 if you count the French part of it I live in Canada, so it has to be bilingual) Perhaps the manual here is more detailed. I'd go to EA Sport's website and see if the have any PDF's for manuals to see if you can get something better.

Note: This thread is 5963 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!