IGNORED

fantasy baseball

Eore
Note: This thread is 5872 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

my draft isn't for a bit, and i have never played before. i have done fantasy football and golf though. how exactly do you "beat" a team? (i am playing standard, not rotisserie)

who are good picks? how are points determined?

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

• 3 weeks later...

Man, I love fantasy baseball. What site are you doing it on? I'm in a 10-man h2h league on CBS sports. My friends and I are playing for $300. Here's my team right now:

Lineup
Jorge Posada
Adrian Gonzalez
Aaron Hill
Miguel Cabrera
JJ Hardy
Alex Rios
Jeff Francouer
Andruw Jones
David Ortiz
Josh Hamilton
Geovanny Soto
Jason Bay

Pitching
Aaron Harang
John Lackey
John Smoltz
John Maine
Chad Billingsley
Yovani Gallardo
Jeremy Guthrie
Bobby Jenks
Kerry Wood
George Sherrill

Just make sure to be aggressive and be willing to take risks in fantasy baseball. If your on top of things, you'll be sure to pick up some breakout players. Last year, I picked up Ryan Bruan, John Maine, Oliver Perez, James Shields, Hunter Pence, Yovani Gallardo, Chad Billingsley to name a few in the season.

my draft isn't for a bit, and i have never played before. i have done fantasy football and golf though. how exactly do you "beat" a team? (i am playing standard, not rotisserie)

I've been playing for a long time. My group generally has 11 offensive and 9 Pitching Categories:

Offense: Walks Singles Doubles Triples Homers Stolen Bases Batting Average On Base Percentage Slugging Percentage Runs Batted In Runs Scored Pitching Won Loss Save Earned Run Average Strikeouts Walks Wild Pitches WHIP Hits Allowed We have head-to-head matches. The team who wins the most categories wins for that week. Changes can be made daily but don't go into effect until the next day. The best way to do it is find the offensive players that play in the most offensive parks. Guys like Carlos Lee and Hunter Pence in Houston, any of the Big 5 on the Phillies, same goes for the Rockies. For pitching, find a guy who pitches in a pitcher's park. IMHO, the biggest steal this year is John Maine. He won 15 games as the No.2 starter. He's going to be the number 4 starter, this year. He'll match up against a weaker pitcher and Shea is a pitcher's park. He'll win 20 games.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Who are good picks? HITTERS Rank your players and put all of the top 60 hitters in front of Johan Santana. When you rank, check to see who is injured. Don't fall in love with a player or a team. Build a strong bench and use it. You win by getting as many plays per week as you can. Pitchers are unreliable. Don't use a high draft pick on one. Read Matthew Berry on ESPN.com http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/ba...bmanifesto2008

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

Who are good picks? HITTERS Rank your players and put all of the top 60 hitters in front of Johan Santana. When you rank, check to see who is injured. Don't fall in love with a player or a team. Build a strong bench and use it. You win by getting as many plays per week as you can. Pitchers are unreliable. Don't use a high draft pick on one. Read Matthew Berry on ESPN.com http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/ba...bmanifesto2008

In my league, aces are really valuable. It depends on what type of league your doing, H2H, rotisserie, and how valuable each stat is.

Note: This thread is 5872 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!